Status: Updated at least once a week but probably more 'cause I have no friends

Stay With Me

Chapter 13

OLI’S POV:
I screamed at my father to stop as the hits he threw at Josh got harder and harder. I was so scared, it felt as if my heart was going to beat out of my chest. Seeing Josh in the position I used to be in made me realize that I should’ve left him before it was too late.
I wasn’t sure what I was screaming anymore but something that came out of me must’ve caught my father’s attention ‘cause he turned his head to me and looked at me with eyes full of rage.
The next thing I know was that he came rushing towards me and the second after he had wrapped his hands around my neck and began to choke me.
I reached my hands up to his and tried to get him to loosen his grip around my throat but it only made him grip tighter.
I desperately looked over at Josh who tried to get himself to me as fast as possible but I could see the struggle on his face and movements.
It wasn’t long until I was starting to become dizzy and not so long after everything went black.

All I saw and felt was the darkness surrounding me and the harder I tried to reach the surface and just wake up the deeper I sank.
I felt someone squeeze my hand and the mumbling and soft voices were starting to become more and more solid.
“Oli?” someone next to me whispered and I immediately recognized Josh’s sweet voice.
I opened my eyes slowly and waited a few seconds for them to adjust to the light. To my surprise I wasn’t on the floor in Josh’s bedroom, I was in a hospital.
My mom would sometimes take me to the hospital so I would bleed to death but other than that I would always avoid coming here since my dad would be pissed if I did. Every time my mom took me here she would always make up a different lie every time and it made me once again question how she could choose someone who beats her and treats her wrong over her own son.
My eyes looked around the room until they met Josh’s bloodshot ones. I sharply inhaled when I saw the state he was in. He had a black eye and bruises that was covering his pretty face. He also looked like he had been crying a lot.
I immediately felt bad. I knew this was going to happen but I didn’t stop it. I knew my dad was going to find me but I didn’t leave. I could feel the knot of guilt becoming bigger and bigger and making my chest feel tighter and tighter the longer I looked at him and it wasn’t long until I had to look away.
My eyes wandered down to his hand that was holding mine. He was stroking the back of it with his thumb softly.
I let my eyes wander to the window and chose to ignore that he was in the room but he only made it harder by leaning closer and carefully wrapping an arm around before burying his face in my neck.
He kept repeating that he was sorry, I didn’t know why though since I was the one who fucked up.
“Stop” I choked out and winced in pain at how sore my throat felt.
He immediately let go of me and reached for a glass of water that was placed on a small table next to the bed. He gave it to me and I took it and drank slowly before giving it back to Josh who put it back on the small table.
“What happened?” I asked, only remembering everything in painful flashes.
“Your dad decided to come for a visit” Josh mumbled and took my hand in his again.
“Yeah I know that” I said. “What happened after I blacked out?”
“My mom had called the cops and they were there in time to stop him from going after me again. Unfortunately he wasn’t planning on stopping and as he pulled out the pocketknife he had in his back-pocket the cops shot him. He’s dead” He said in a low voice “I’m really sorry Oli” he looked up at me with sad eyes but still looked a little unsure of his choice in words.
I didn’t know what I was supposed to feel. I wasn’t sure if I was happy or sad.
I wasn’t exactly sad over the fact that the man that had tortured me for all these years and killed my mom was now gone but I wasn’t happy over the fact that the last member of my family was dead. I didn’t have a family anymore.
I just broke down and started to cry and Josh was quick to pull me into his arms again and hold me as I let my tears soak his shirt.

I was released from the hospital the same day Josh’s mom drove us back to their house again. Josh’s mom hadn’t said anything, just given me pitiful looks, but I bet that she secretly hated me and was going to kick me out as soon as she could. I had almost got her son killed, she would never forgive me.

As I was sitting alone on the couch in the living room watching whatever was on on TV, as Josh was
In the shower, his mom came and sat down next to me.
This is probably when she tells me that I can’t stay and kicks me out while yelling at me to never come back again. I swallowed harshly and expected the worst but instead she surprised me.
“You know, you could’ve told me” she said “I could’ve helped you”.
I didn’t know what to say so I just kept quiet and kept looking at her and waiting for her to say something more.
“I’m so sorry I even opened the door in the first place” she said with a sad look plastered on her face.
“It’s ok” I said “you didn’t know”
She surprised me once again by wrapping her arms around me and hugging me.
“You’re free to stay as long as you want” she said and for the first time in a long time I felt as if things was actually going to get better. Maybe not today or tomorrow but one day.