Status: Updated at least once a week but probably more 'cause I have no friends

Stay With Me

Chapter 16

A/N: IF YOU'RE READING MY OTHER FANFIC YOU WON'T HAVE TO READ THIS BUT OUR WIFI BROKE BUT i'M BACK AGAIN

--------------------------------------

The next day I decided that I was at least going to give this Hannah girl a chance so as she this time sat down at our table and said hello to me after greeting Josh I mumbled an hello back. She looked slightly taken back but smiled kindly at me.
She and Josh started talking again and I immidietly felt shut out but tried to ignore it. I really did try to be a part of the conversation this time but I just wasn't sure about when I should jump into it.
She was talking to Josh about her work and how her boss was being a total pain in the ass and since I knew nothing about working at a fast food place I just sat there and said nothing. Not sure how Josh could keep up the conversation though but he did 'cause appariently he have had friends who had worked at the same place. Great.
Appariently Hannah was living here all along and her parents were still in Sheffield which was quite surprising since she wasn't even 18 yet. Most parents would keep their kids at home until the very day that they turned 18 but her parents obviously trusted her enough to let her move here all on her own. Or maybe they just didn't love her at all.
That didn't fully make sense though since my parents kept me home and my dad hated me with all he had. But maybe I was just kept from leaving because he wanted someone else than my mother to be his personal punching bag. After all, who the fuck would I tell? It's not like I would go to the police and say that I was getting beaten up at home. I was ashamed and he knew that.
"Um Oli are you listening?" Josh suddenly asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Uh yeah" I said, suddenly feeling like an idiot. If I hadn't made myself look stupid already I totally had right now.
"Hannah asked if we wanted to come over to hers tomorrow after school since she has a day off" Josh said and I just nodded.
"Sure" I said.
Great, another moment for me to be sitting on the outside.
------------------------------------
The next day were an awfully hot day and all I wanted was to hide away with Josh in his room so I could take this goddamn hoodie off but we both know that it wasn't going to happen.
I was awkwardly walking by Josh's left side as he talked to Hannah on his right as we made our way to Hannah's appartment.
Josh held my hand but I still didn't feel like I was a part of the conversation or a part of them. I didn't know what to talk about. I had never really had a friend. It's a miracle I did so well as it did with Josh but I just guessed that it was because I loved him. He meant a lot to me.
Hannah's appartment wasn't big but really not as small as I thought it would be. It had a kitchen, two rooms and a toilet. It didn't really have a living room so she had made a quite small room next to the beedroom to the living room. Her walls were full of framed pictures and most of her furniture were black or white. She didn't really have much stuff.
"I am sorry but I'm literally melting, I'm just going to go and change out of these jeans, be right back" she said and smiled in an apology before rushing into the bedroom and closing the door behind her.
"You're being awfully quiet" Josh said as he turned to me.
I laughed on the inside. Of course, it's not like I really talked much anyways so why did I suddenly have to speak now?
I didn't say that though. Instead I just shrugged and continued to look around her appartment.
Josh sighed and not long after Hannah came back out of her bedroom, wearing a pair of short black shorts that matched her t-shirt. Not that I was into her but she was attractive and Josh would probably leave me for her any day.
Oli, don't go there please.
I quickly shook those thought out of my head and pretended they had never been there in the first place.
"Aren't you hot?" she asked me, eyeing my black hoodie which I always wore and black skinny jeans.
Wearing black when it's this worm, I felt as if I was melting inside of them and was going to drip away onto the floor.
I just shook my head and she raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.
-------------------------
After about an hour of just chatting around, well basically just Josh and Hannah, we ended up in her living room playing some playstation game. I wasn't very good at it though so I let Josh and Hannah play 90% of the time.
Then after a while some idiot named Josh decided that we should eat pizza and left me all alone with Hannah to go and buy. It was awkward to say at least.
"Are you and Josh related?" she asked for some reason, trying to get a conversation going which probably wasn't going to happen.
"Uhm no, I met him in school, we had a few classes together" I just said, not looking at her.
I wasn't trying to be rude but sometimes people just thought I were and I wouldn't blame her if she did. Why would she think we were related anyways?
"Then why do you live together?"
oh.
"Uh, we just do" I said and shrugged. Brilliant explanation.
"Doesn't your family miss you?" she asked and I looked up at her for a moment, panic washing over my face for a second before I got myself together and tried to look calm. How dare she mention my family? I know that she didn't know about them but still, I didn't want anyone talking about them. Ever. I just wanted to forget that they existed. I just wanted to pretend that my childhood had been normal.
"They're dead" I simply just said. Now she was probably going to run around in school and tell everyone that the freak also had dead parents and make my days even harder than they were now.
"I'm so sorry" she said and truly sounded like she was but it was probably just her faking it. "How did they die?" she then asked.
How did they die?
The horrible memory of hearing that gunshot and my mother's dead body drop to the floor echoed in my mind and I felt fear shoot through me. That kind of fear where everything gets really cold for a second and then your whole body heated up for some reason. But maybe that just happened to me.
Dad got what he deserved though.
But was this really what I deserved? What had I done that was so bad that I would deserve this? All I wanted was to be happy.
I could feel her eyes burn into me and eventually I couldn't take it anymore and threw myself up from the couch and rushing out the room.
I hear Hannah call out after me and get up from the couch but I ignored her and ran out of her appartment.
I started running down the street until I was sure that she wasn't followed me then I slowed down and began walking home instead.
Great, if she hadn't thought I was weird already she totally did now.
I got my phone out of my pocket and called Josh but of course he didn't answer.
I sighed and put my phone back into the pocket of my jeans, hoping that he would at least call me back within this hour.