Status: Updated at least once a week but probably more 'cause I have no friends

Stay With Me

Chapter 17

JOSH'S POV:

When I walked through the door and put the pizzas down on Hannah's kitchen table she walked straight up to me and said "I'm sorry".
Uhm ok?
"What?" I asked, obviously confused. But what confused me even more was that Oli didn't seem to be anywhere in sight.
"I didn't know his parents were dead and I started asking him stuff and he just ran off"
Fuck.
He probably hadn't taken it well. He never does when his parents are mentioned.
The imagine off Oli's arms covered in cuts and scars hit me and the thought of that happening again filled my mind. I quickly got my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen. 1 missed call. Fuck, why did I leave it with no sound on?
I hit the call button to call him back and a few rings went out but there was no one picking up. Ok now I was kind of freaking out and Hannah were obviously worried.
I had no idea how upset he was or if he even felt like he wanted to cut himself at all but that was no reason for me to be worried.
"Uh I'm going home" I said and she nodded.
"Tell him I'm sorry and I didn't mean to upset him" she just said and I nodded before walking out the door.

--

When I got home the first thing I did was to run up to my room. When I opened the door I saw Oli sitting on the bed with his knees pulled up. Relief hit me as I realized that there wasn't any blood anywhere and that he hopefully hadn't cut himself but that didn't really make that much better because his eyes were blodshot and cheeks slightly red so he had probably been crying for a while. I felt like a dickhead now. I shouldn't have my phone on without sound. I should've picked up when he called.
I sat down next to him on the bed and pulled him into a hug.
"You okay?" I asked softly as I rubbed up and down his arm with my hand.
"I feel like I shouldn't have freaked out about it" he said, his voice hoarse from crying "I mean, she was just asking I should have answered instead of just running off like that she probably hates me now"
"Oli that doesn't make sense." I said "she doesn't hate you at all, she said she was sorry and didn't mean to upset you"
Oli just shrugged.
Honestly, he was kind of irritating sometimes. He didn't believe that people could be able to love him. Sometimes I even doubted that he believed that I loved him. I didn't say anything though, we have had conversations about that before and no matter what I said his confidence didn't seem to get any higher. I didn't wanna start a fight so instead I just continued to sit there and hold him.

--

We didn't go to school until Tuesday the next week since Oli said that he felt ashamed of running off. I didn't question him or force him to go, not wanting to put pressure on him.
When we did go to school again Hannah was sitting under my locker locking at her phone when we arrived. When she realised that someone stopped in front of her, that someone being me while Oli walked up to his locker, she quickly stood up and greeted me with a hug.
"Didn't think you'd come" she said and laughed.
"Oli didn't wanna go to school sorry" I said and shrugged while smiling in an apology. I opened my locker, quickly checking my schedule before taking out what I needed.
"Is he mad?" she asked and glanced nervously in Oli's direction.
"No, of course not" I said.
At least I didn't think he was. I mean, he thought she was mad at him for some reason and that didn't even make sense. He would tell himself the weirdest things sometimes and I bet he knew inside that they weren't even true.
Oli walked up to us and just by looking at him I could tell that he didn't want to be here. I actually hoped that they would become friends so the three of us could hang out together but appariently not.
"Oli I'm so sorry" Hannah said, trying to catch his eyes but he didn't even bother to look at her
"It's fine" he mumbled and shrugged before looking at me "You ready to go?"
I just nodded and he began walking towards the first class of the day
"See you later" I said to Hannah before going after him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLI'S POV:

I was sitting alone in the hallway since Josh was hanging out with Hannah.
He tried to get me to go meet up with her with him but I had refused. I felt as if she was going to ask about my family again and it was something I didn't want to think about.
He had of course said that he could ditch her for me but I had told him that I wouldn't want to take his friends away from him so now I'm sitting here on my own.
Now I was definetly pushing her into his arms if he leaves me for her now it's only on me to blame. I was a terrible boyfriend. I leant my head against the locker behind me and shut my eyes. I was so fucking tired of me. I just kept being annoying and selfish all the time. Josh didn't deserve this.
"Sykes!" someone yelled and my eyelids quickly flew open. Please no.
I quickly shot up to my feet and looked down the hall to my right only to see that guy who sat two seats in front of me in math coming towards my way with an evil smile on his face.
I didn't really know his name but what I knew was that he hated me for some reason and took every chance he got to beat me up.
I locked to my left and at the fire entrance. I considered not to for a second since if a teacher saw me I would probably get detention for some reason but that thought quickly went out of my head and I kept my head down and walked towards the door with quick step. I was not up for another quick beating today.
"Hey where do you think you're going?" he said and I could hear his steps coming closer as he was probably walking faster. Please just leave me alone. Please.
I quickly ran up to the door, opened it and began walking down the stairs.
Not so long after the door opened and someone ran up to me and yanked me backwards by my the hood of my hoodie. I fell backwards and yelped in pain as I fell down uncomfortably on the stairs. He just laughed at me and pulled me up again and pinning me against the wall.
"Where do you think you're heading Sykes" he said and squeezed my body up against the wall "Did you really think you could escape me that easy"
I didn't say anything, just looked at him.
"Fucking answer me" he yelled and shook me before throwing me against the wall again.
I could feel my heartbeat in my ear and my body was hurting from him throwing me around like this.
"Just let me go" I whispered and he laughed again. I sounded pathetic.
"What did you say?" he laughed "Could you repeat that for me?" He mocked me".
"Let me go" I said again, a little louder this time.
He just laughed and looked away from me. I took the change and threw his arm off of me before starting to run down the stairs. I didn't come very far though since his hands collide with my back and left me falling down the stairs.