Status: Updated at least once a week but probably more 'cause I have no friends

Stay With Me

Chapter 18

JOSH'S POV:

After lunch during Math I sat down where me and Oli usually would sit. It surprised me that he wasn't there yet since the lesson was about to start in 2 minutes but at the same time I knew that he didn't wanna be there long before it starts since he didn't wanna deal with the other students picking on him.
3 minutes later the teacher walked in and Oli's seat was still empty. Where the hell was he?
Maybe he was mad that I had hung out with Hannah during lunch? He told me to go be with her so that thought quickly left my mind again. Maybe he's late 'cause he had cut himself in one of the school toilets and it takes a while for it to stop bleeding? I knew he had cut himself during school before but he hadn't cut since before he moved in at my house but maybe he relapsed? Maybe that's why he wanted me to be with Hannah? Maybe I'm just overreacting. He's probably just skipping school or something. But what if he got beat up and didn't feel like going to class? What if he's crying?
I quickly checked my phone under the table. No new messages and no missed calls. Where the fuck was he?
I knew I shouldn't freak out too much about him not showing up but I couldn't help myself.
I glanced at the door during the hour until the bell rang.
I was the first one to leave the classroom. I was going to find Oli.
I walked back to my locker and put my stuff in before texting Hannah and asking her if she had seen him.
"No, sorry" she replyed and I sighed loudly. Where the fuck was he? Maybe he had gone home?
For a second I thought about just going home and checking if he was there but it was probably best to just call. I'm honestly kind of stupid sometimes. I could've just texted him during class and asked where I was but instead I was sitting there and seeing in my head bad things that could've happened.
I got up his number on the screen and hit the call button.
A few tones went through but no one picked up. What the hell. Maybe he just didn't have his phone with him?
I tried again.
And again.
After the fourth call I decided that it would be best to stop acting like an obsessive boyfriend and just go home and see if he's there. The worst thing is that he wouldn't be there. Then I'd just stay home and wait for him or something.

--

When I got through the door I could clearly hear that someone was upstairs. To my relief Oli was home after all since my mom was still at work.
"Oli?" I called out but he didn't answer.
I walked up the stairs and first headed to my room. I froze right in my step when I saw drops of blood on random places on the floor. Please don't tell me he hurt himself again. Please. I looked around the room hoping to find an explanation but Oli was nowhere to be seen. Then I heard that the footsteps were coming from the bathroom and I quickly headed that way.
I knocked twice on the door and called out his name again. I could hear him walk up to the door and seconds later he opened up and let me in.
"Sorry about all the blood my nose was bleeding" he simply said and threw a bloody piece of paper in the trash which was also filled with bloody papers. Of course I tried hard to believe him but his nose bleeding was just another thing he could blame on.
"Why was it bleeding?" I asked and tried not to sound too suspicious.
"Some guy followed me down the hallway and pushed me down the stairs when I tried to escape" he sighed and looked away from me. My eyes widened.
"Oh my god, are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine" he said "I got pretty lucky I guess" he shrugged.
"Why didn't you answer when I called? Does it hurt anywhere? Do you know who the person that did it was?" Jesus, I need to calm down a little.
"You're acting like a mom" Oli chuckled and I just rolled my eyes at him.
"Shut up" I said before blushing and playfully hitting him in the stomach.
"Ow" he mumbled and touched where I had just hit him, making me turning serious again.
"Are you okay? Let me see"
"It's nothing" he said but I didn't listen. Instead I lifted his shirt, revealing a large blue bruise forming all the way up his left side. It looked really painful.
"Oli I swear to god I'm going to kill the person I did this" That seemed to frighten him a bit because he quickly pulled the shirt down and took a step away from me.
"No I'm fine really, it's not like I haven't had bruises before"
Right. His dad.
I just sighed, seeing as there was no point in starting a fight or something.
"Fine but if he goes after you again I will chop his dick off."

--

HANNAH'S POV:

I didn't quite understand Oli. I didn't feel like I had done anything wrong but still everytime we met he would give me not so kind looks or not look at me at all. Well, mostly not look at me at all. I really thought we were becoming friends but then I asked about his parents and things just went the other way. I really wouldn't mind getting to know him though. He was a good friend of Josh's and I wanted any friend of Josh's to be my friend. After all Josh were the only friend I had except for Amanda at work. But me and Amanda didn't really hang out. Only had inside jokes to help the hours working pass faster. I didn't feel very lonely though. I had much contact with my family back in Sheffield and me and Josh hung out enough to fill the space here.

The next day at school during lunch I saw Oli and Josh sitting underneath Josh's locker talking. I considered letting them be but being the annoying friend that I am I walked up and said hello. Oli looked up only for one second before looking the other way.
What did I even do that could really piss him off this much.
"Hey" Josh smiled up at me.
If I really wanted to try to befriend Oli I better not wait until it's too late and make things incredibly awkward.
"Can I talk to Oli for a second?" I asked quickly.
"Uh yeah sure?" Josh said before slowly getting up. He gave Oli a quick look before nodding to me and walking away down the hall and giving us space. I sat down next to Oli and leaned my back against the locker.
"Can we please just be friends? I don't want you to be mad at me" I said quietly hoping that it wouldn't make everything even worse.
"I'm not mad at you" He just said, still not looking at me.
Uh okay?
"I just don't wanna talk about my parents" he then added when I had been silent for a while, not sure about what to say.
"I won't bring it up again" I said "I promise"
"Then we can be friends I guess" he said and shrugged.
Wow that was easy.
This time he was actually looking at me and I don't know what flew into me but I threw my arms around him and hugged him. He froze at first but then awkwardly hugged me back while patting my back.
♠ ♠ ♠
guyys omf

can I just tell you some of the festival stuff because i'm still freaking out

I started to cry when Bring me the horizon walked in on stage. I also started to cry when Of mice & men did idk.

And when You me at six played stay with me (I was in the front row during all bands ok) I was starting to freak out because this was you at six and I've loved them since I was 11 and I almost started to cry and I was like laughing hysterically (in a fangirly way) AND THAT'S WHEN ME AND JOSH GOT EYE CONTACT AND HE SMILED AT ME

AND ONCE WHEN HE LET GO OFF HIS MIC STAND IT FELL OVER AND ROLLED DOWN THE STAGE AND OVER ONE OF THE SECURITYS HEADS AND JOSH WAS LIKE OH SHIT AND WAVED SORRY WITH HIS HANDS I LAUGHED
GAH <3
sorry fangirling.

And I caught a guitar pick during We came as romans. Ok I didn't actually catch it but I had been standing there all day in the rain and cold waiting (I was the only one) so when it landed it front of me the security picked it up and of course everyone reached out their hands because they wanted it. I never thought I would get it because I had the shortest arms but the security recognized me so he took my hand and placed the guitar pick in it
I screamed.

and I got into a fight in the crowd at Lana Del Rey omf

AND JOSH TOLD US THEY WOULD BE BACK VERY SOON
VERY SOON
THAT'S SOON

And the stage caught fire during Adept I laughed
no one died because some guy behind the stage ran in with a towel

it was amazing