Status: On-going.

Change Isn't Always Bad

Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Kellin’s rejection put me down. I was quiet for the rest of the day, not looking at anyone. It was embarrassing, really. I tell him how I feel, in front of the entire class, I kiss him, and he just rejects me. I mean, it’s not like I’m saying I’m too good for anyone to say no to - I’m not that much of a douche - but I just thought he liked me back. I thought he’d say yes.

When I got home, I ignored Mom and Dad’s questioning looks and went to my room, slamming the door. I heard Mom asking Mike what was wrong with me, and that pissed me off. They don’t need to worry about me. I don’t want to have to have to fucking tell them anything.

I grabbed my phone and started playing some songs. Asking Alexandria? Asking Alexandria.

-

I finally turned my music off, realizing it’s been an hour and I was just sitting here thinking about Kellin.

"Vic?" I heard Mike’s voice through the door.

"What?" I said back. He opened it.

"The fuck is wrong with you?" He asked.

"Nothing. Go away." I groaned. Why can’t he just leave me alone?

"No, seriously. What the fuck is up with you?"

I sighed. “Kellin said no.”

"Your point?" He said quickly. Does he not fucking understand?

"I got rejected. I don’t know if you know this, but that usually puts people in a bad mood."

"I don’t mean that. I mean why is that stopping you? If you really like him, then you should figure out why he said no and change something so he says yes."

And that was when I realized my brother was amazing.

-

"Kellin!" I called, running to the boy at his locker. He bit his lip and sighed before looking at me and giving me a weak smile.

"Hi."

"So, can I ask you something?"

He sighed again. “Vic I really don’t-“

"No, just please." I begged.

He closed his locker. “Fine.”

"So.." I trailed off a little. "Why’d you say no? I mean, like, I thought you liked me back?" I hated how much I sounded like a girl in middle school.

"It just.. I dunno."

that got me angry. I’ve been acting depressed all day and he can’t even make an excuse as to why!? “You don’t know?!”

"We wouldn’t work!" He said.

"Why!?" I asked, clearly hurt. This sucked. Why wouldn’t we work? We could make it work!

"Because people would talk and I’m already talked about enough! We’re completely different and just.." He sighed. "Look, I’m happy you asked me out and everything, but we wouldn’t work together."

"Fine." I said coldly and stormed off.

I spent the rest of the day thinking about ways to make it ‘work’. On the drive home, I realized.

"Mom?" I called, rushing into the house.

"What?" She called back. I went into the kitchen where she was sitting.

"Can I have some money?" I asked.

"For what?"

"Don’t laugh."

"I won’t. What do you need money for?"

”Hair dye.”

-

(KELLIN POV)

It was half way through the day and there was still no sign of Vic. I was happy about that, I guess. But I want to know what he’s up to.

I was at my locker getting my stuff for last period when I felt a tap on my shoulder. My jaw dropped when I saw Vic standing there.

"How do I look?" he asked. His hair was dyed black and straightened. He was wearing a black beanie, a Bullet For My Valentine shirt, black skinnie jeans with a chain hooked onto his pocket, and combat boots. He had fake gauges and lip rings; snake bites. He looked really fucking hot, but I would never tell him that.

"You look like a total stereotype." I said.

"Does it look good? Are we allowed to go out now?" he asked. I rolled my eyes.

Why? Why do you want to date a loser like me so badly?” I snapped.

"Because you’re cute and funny and I just want to be with you, is that so bad?" he said.

"Yes! You’re cool and hot as hell in that outfit, not like you weren’t before, but we’re still two totally different people." I didn’t realize what I said until after I said it. Vic smirked at me.

"What’d you say?" He asked playfully and took a step closer to me. I took a step back. I guess he found this amusing because he stepped towards me again and laughed a little when I took another step backwards and hit my locker. He out his hands on either side of me, trapping me.

"Nothing. Stop." I said, and he took the last step towards me, our faces an inch apart and our chests touching.

"Tell me what you said." he smiled.

"We’re two totally different people." I said, his playful brown eyes boring into my scared blue ones.

"Before that."

"You’re cool."

"After that." he smirked.

"I didn’t say anything." I said as the bell rang. "I need to get to class."

"I think you did." He chuckled, ignoring my last sentence.

"Just leave me alone, I need to get to class." I snapped, pushing him off of me.

”Fine, see you after school.” he said and kissed my cheek.