Status: On-going.

Change Isn't Always Bad

Chapter 11

(Kellin POV)

"Hey Mom, where's the wooden spoon?" I asked, watching the water that's yet to boil. I was making myself some pasta, knowing Jenn was in a mood and I wouldn't be getting any dinner from her.

"I don't fucking know, why don't you wash the fucking dishes for once and find it yourself?" She yelled from her room. I sighed.

"How about you calm the fuck down? I don't wanna deal with your shit." I snapped back. She yelled a simple "Fuck off!" and I went to my room, not bothering to turn off the stove. Maybe it'll burn the house down.

Hopefully.

-

"Can you fucking- What the fuck!?" Jenn came bursting into my room about ten minutes later. I was going to yell at her for not knocking, but the bitch poured a pan of boiling water in the middle of my bed. I moved quickly so it wouldn't get to me and burn me. I ran into the kitchen. "What the fuck is your problem?!"

"You! Can't you fucking think for once?! I should fucking hit you with this!" She yelled, waving around the hot pot. Drunk bitch.

I grabbed a knife from the wall next to me, holding it up so she could see. "Drop. The fucking. Pan."

She didn't drop it; she threw it at me. I had to So I threw the knife at her, barely missing her. It stuck in the wall behind her. She got scared and ran away; probably back to her room.

I dropped to my knees, sobbing. This isn't normal. Teens don't have fights with their parents that can easily end up with one of them dead.

"Pyscho bitch!" I screamed. I don't wanna be here anymore. I lifted up the pot by the handle and brought it to the overflowing sink, before pulling out my phone and repeating the phrase "I'm fine". It helped when I had to talk to someone and not show what I was really feeling.

I called Vic, tears still streaming down my face, but I sounded calm. "Hey, wanna hang out?"

"Uh, sure. I was actually about to go to the mall and get some CDs. That cool?"

"Yeah, yeah. Music sounds great right now." I chuckled truthfully.

-

"Vicccc!" I whined. He looked up from the many CDs and smiled.

"Whattt?" He mocked. I pouted.

"What should I get: All Time Low Straight To DVD, or Suicide Silence's newest?"

"Which one do you want more?"

He doesn't get it. He doesn't get it.

"I want them both!" I exclaimed. "That's why I need your help!"

"Get them both, then." He shrugged.

"I don't have enough money," I groaned. Fuck CDs for being $12, really. And fuck me for only having $20.

"I'll get them for you." He said. I stared at him.

"Music isn't something to joke about, Vic." I said in monotone.

"I know. I'll get them both for you and you can pick out another CD with your own money."

The biggest face-splitting grin came across my face. I carelessly put the CDs back and wrapped my hands around Vic's neck, hugging him and catching him by surprise. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

People were probably staring, but I didn't care.

Then I realized.

I didn't care.

Usually, after a fight with my mom, I'd be upset; faking smiles and caring too much about what people think. Or I'd be with Matty at his house, crying into his shoulder as he hugged me and let me rant and sob.

But right now, with Vic, I didn't care.

"Any time." He laughed, hugging me back.

"Don't say that; I'd have you buy the entire section for me." I joked, moving back to get the disks and bring them to the cashier. And, I might've been hearing things, but I could have sworn I heard him say, 'If it'd make you happy'.

-

"I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough." I said, looking at the bags in my lap. After the CDs, he got me an All Time Low shirt and a custom gutiar pick with my name on it. He only got himself a Bring Me The Horizon CD.

"Well, there's one way." He offered. "You can go on a date with me."

I smiled. "Yeah,okay."

"Really?!" He asked. Wow, was it that surprising?

"Yeah." Really, I wanted to. After realizing today that he can make me smile even when I'm at my worst, I was more than willing to give us a try.

""Yes!" He smiled and fist pumped in victory. I let out a small laugh at his stupidness because God it was adorable. "So like, do you wanna go somewhere in particular?"

"You're the one taking me out, shouldn't you pick the place?" I asked.

"I want to go to a place you like, so you choose." Aw, he's too sweet.

"Fineeee," I groaned playfully. "There's a park down the street from the school. Meet me there at six."

"I'll pick you up." He smiled.

I nodded. "You me at six, then." I said.

"Yeah. See you then."

And it was safe to say; tonight was the best night of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank Ashisverymuchonfire for this update because she gave me the inspiration!;3
This is unedited and not at all proofread but yeah. Update!