Status: On-going.

Change Isn't Always Bad

Chapter 12

I knocked on Mike's door and waited for him to say "Come in."

"What do you want?" he mumbled. I started spinning in a circle and dancing.

"I got a hot date tonight, I got a hot date tonight," I sang.

"Oh yeah? Who?" he asked. I stopped dancing but kept spinning. I'm gonna be dizzy in a little bit, but whatever.

"Oh, ya know, just Kellin." I smiled. He raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Really?"

"Mmmmmhm." I nodded.

"Cool. What're you gonna do?"

"Take him to the park, hang out, you know." I shrugged.

"Sweet. Tell me how it goes." he said, looking back at his phone.

"Yep, well I'm gonna go get ready." I stopped spinnng, and like I said I was fucking dizzy. I ran into the wall a few time before actually getting to the door and leaving the room. Mike laughed at me.

"Use protection!" he called. I laughed at him and went to my room.

-

I knocked on Kellin's front door, regretting the flowers in my hand. They were lavender, freshly picked by my mom. She told me that I had to bring him flowers - it wasn't optional.

The door opened and I awkwardly shoved the flowers forward, almost hitting my bueatiful date.

"Well hi to you, too." He chucked, taking them and examining them. He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Why lavenders?"

"I - uh - well-"

"Lavenders mean love at first sight, Vic." My eyes widened. "You tryin' to say something?"

"No I just- My mom said-"

"It's okay, Vic. Don't be so nervous." He winked. "I'm gonna put these in some water, wanna come in and sit for a minute?"

I nodded, following him into the small living room. He grabbed a vase that was already holding some old flowers. He looked at them, shrugged, then walked to the kitchen and threw them out. "She doesn't need her stupid wedding flowers." I stayed quiet as he put water in the vase and put the flowers in it.

"So," He smiled, clapping his hands together."I've never been on a date before so you're gonna have to lead me through this."

"Well, what I've got planned isn't too fancy or anything." I shrugged, getting up and finally taking in his outfit. He was wearing a black and white striped tank top, a backwards red and black snapback, and light grey jeans.

"Earth to Fuentes?"He laughed. "I asked what you had planned."

"Oh. Well we're gonna-"

"Kellin?" A female voice said quietly. He rolled his eyes and groaned. "Who's your friend?"

"Noneya." He stated. She sighed. "And we have to go."

"Kellin-"

"Bye, Mom. I'll be back later." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside.

"Noneya?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and opening my passenger side door for him. He smiled and got inside, closing it himself as I ran to the driver's side.

"Yeah. Like, none ya' business."

"Wow." I pulled out of the driveway, turning to go to the park. "If Mike and I talked to our parents like that we'd get smacked."

"Well my mom knows I'll hit her back."

-

Honestly, I never thought sitting on the trunk of my car with someone could be so amazing.

Kellin was looking at the stars, eyes bright and smile wide. He loved the night sky, I concluded.

He looked at me, blushing when he realized I was looking at him. "Hey, Vic, I'm gonna tell you a secret," He whispered.

"What?" I whispered back.

"The stars are up there," He pointed up towards the sky.

"I like this view better," I winked. He blushed again and I smirked.

"Why are we whispering?" He asked.

"I dunno, you started it."

"Did not!"

"Did to!"

"Did not!"

"Did to!"

"Untruths!"

"I'll tickle you, Quinn, and don't think I won't." I threatened. His eyes widened.

"Oh, I'm so scared!"He said in mock fear. I reached out to tickle him but he screamed and started running. Smiling, I got up and followed him. He was on top of a slide made for children. It was probably two feet off the ground and had a fort-like platform before the slide.

"I'm gonna get'cha, Kellin." I smirked evily. He stuck his tongue out like a four year old.

"You can't get up here!" He said in a sing-song voice. "Da nanana,nana, nana can't touch this!" He sang, putting his hands on his hips and dancing.

While he was there being silly, I walked to the other side of the slide and got on top of it, grabbing his hips by surprise and making him scream. We fell onto the platform, me straddling his thighs.

"Got'cha!" I smiled, tickling him quickly. He was smiling and giggling, but also asking me to stop. I didn't listen, tickling him and laughing as he squirmed under me.
"Okay! Okay! You win! Stop! Victor I will kick you're fucking di.ck!" He giggled, trying to push my hands away. Finally I complied, taking my hands away. He was out of breath and his hair was messed up, his hat fell off next to him.

"I honestly forgot what that was for," I laughed, getting off him and helping him stand up.

"Same," He chuckled. "Oh, and Vic?"

"Yeah?"

"You started it." He said quickly before running down the slide and towards the other playground equipment.

-

We stood in silence outside of his house as he got his house key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. I was wearing his snapback and he was wearing my beanie. (He took my hat, saying he liked it better, so I took his)

"Thank you." I said. I continued when he gave me a confused look. "For actually saying yes. I know you don't like people and I know you don't do well in social situations when you're in the spotlight but you agreed to go on a date with me anyway, so thank you."

He smiled softly at me. "It's fine. Thank you for actually trying; no one ever really cared enough about me to, like, ask me out multiple times or anything." I smiled back at him.

"Well, it's late." I said, checking my phone for the first time that night. 10:15PM. "See you at school tomorrow?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. I uh, I had fun, Vic. We should do this again some time." he said quietly. I honestly have never been happier in my life. Not only did he actually like hanging out with me, he wanted to do it again.

"Uh, that is, if you want to." he said shyly when I didn't say anything. Shit, he must have gotten the wrong idea.

I smiled at him. "Oh, yeah, yeah of course. Goodnight, Kellin."

"Goodnight Vic." he opened the door slowly and I turned to walk away. But then something felt missing, and I know exactly what it was.

"Hey, Kellin?" I asked, turning back around. He was inside now, but still in the doorway.

"Yeah?"

"Can I..Can I kiss you goodnight?" I asked, instantly regretting it. It sounded better in my head, and much less desperate. "Uh, I'm sorry, that was a stupid question."

"No, Vic, it's fine." he said, laughing slightly at my insecurity. He took a step outside and pecked my lips softly, which I returned. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks as Kellin looked at the ground, smiling and tucking a few stray hairs behind his ear. "Goodnight Vic."

"Goodnight Kels," I don't know where the nickname came from, but I liked it, and I really hoped he did, too, because I don't think I'll stop using it any time soon.