Status: On-going.

Change Isn't Always Bad

Chapter 2

Let me just say: Thank fucking God for Tumblr. It was confusing at first, but I soon got the hang of it and found a few bands that he wore merch of. I even watched a few ByranStars interviews to get to know the bands and shit. A lot of them were actually pretty good and seemed like nice people in the interviews. Honestly my favorite out of all of them was Asking Alexandria, which I think he really liked, too.

"Mike, wake the fuck up or I'm leaving you here!" I called up the stairs, actually excited for school. Let me rephrase that; excited to see Kellin.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" he sighed, showing up at the bottom of the stairs. "Alright, let's go."

-----

"Math, Science, Art, Music, P.E, lunch, English, History." I muttered to myself. Math was bad enough, but in the morning it was twenty times worse. I just wanna sleep and Mrs. Ryan is asking me what the fuck 'X' is. Bitch I ain't your servant, find it yourself.

...I didn't get enough sleep last night. do you know how addicting Tumblr is?

I walked into class, nodding a hello to Mrs. Ryan and looking for Kellin. I think he gets here early sometimes, but I guess today isn't one of those days. I took a seat in the back corner, knowing that the seat I'm in is the one Kellin usually sits in.

The bell rang and people started walking into the classroom. I looked through the crowd of people for Kellin, but instead found Jaime and J.

"Michael, hats off please." Mrs. Ryan said. J rolled his eyes at the use of his real name and plucked the beanie off of his head. He and Jaime came over to me and sat in desks around me.

"Why are we way in back?" Jaime asked, bouncing his knee up and down quickly.

"I don't know why you guys are here, but I'm here for Kellin. Who, by the way, is here now. So if you would kindly go the hell away, that'd be much appreciated." I said sarcastically as Kellin walked into the room.

"Well damn, what happened to 'bros before emos'?" J laughed, but got up anyway. Jaime followed, laughing.

"Whatever, talk to you later." I laughed, shooing them away as Kellin looked at me. I could tell he was worried about having to tell me I'm in his seat. He looked around a little, probably searching for another place to sit. It's cute how shy he is.

Mrs. Ryan yelled at him for still standing so he finally walked towards me, taking the seat next to me that Jaime was in.

"Hey," I whispered, catching his attention. He looked at me for a second before looking down at his desk and waving quickly to me.

"H-Hi." I heard him say.

"I wanted to apologize about yesterday," I said. "I didn't know you had a thing about people touching you."

"I don't. I didn't expect you to grab me." he said quietly.

"Oh, okay. So you draw?" I asked, lowering my voice even more when Mrs. Ryan looked at me.

"W-Why are you talking to me?" he asked, still not looking up.

"Because I think you're cute and stuff. Plus we like a lot of the same bands." I shrugged. He looked up at me, his eyes bright.

"Really?" he asked, all shyness disappearing from his voice.

"Yeah. What are some of your favorite bands?" Like I don't know already.

"Uh, Asking Alexandria, Panic! At The Disco, Blink-182, All Time Low, A Day To Remember, Falling in Reverse, Fall Out Boy, Of Mice And Men, My Chem, You Me At Six, and Papa Roach just to name a few." he said. "What about you?"

"Same, but I've never heard of My Chem?" What the fuck is My Chem?

"My Chemical Romance? You've never heard of them?" he asked, seeming shocked.

"Mister Bostwick, is there something you want to share with the class?" Mrs. ryan asked, folding her arms. Kellin bit his lip and shook his head, looking down again.

"N-No," he whispered, his voice cracking again. "and it's Quinn."

"What was that?" the teacher asked.

"He said he wants to be called Kellin Quinn." I spoke up. She looked at me, eyebrows raised.

"I'm sure he can speak for himself, Victor. He has vocal cords, yes?" God I hate this bitch.

"Can you just continue the lesson?" I asked, annoyed. Kellin didn't say anything. Mrs Ryan stared at us for another few seconds before continuing whatever she was doing before.

"T-Thanks." Kellin whispered.

"No problem. You never answered my question, do you draw?" I asked. He shrugged.

"A-A little, I g-guess."

"Can I see somethings? Like, some drawings?"

He shook his head quickly. "No, no they're stupid. They're stupid pictures drawn by a fag." I was a little shocked that he called himself a fag. I mean, he really thinks of himself that way?

"You're not a fag. Please, let me see them?" I pulled my best puppy dog face. He sighed and pulled out his sketching book. He flipped to a page and hesitantly showed it to me. It was a person, I don't know who, but it was very realistic. Like, really realistic. It honestly could have been a black and white picture that he printed out.

"Wow.. That's.. That's amazing, Kellin. where'd you learn to draw like that?" I asked.

"No, no it sucks. I'm a faggot for drawing it, I'm sorry." he shook his head quickly, pulling the notebook away.

"No. Kellin, you're really an amazing artist. Don't call yourself a faggot, pleas-" I was cut off by the bell, signalling that class was over. Kellin stood up quickly and basically ran out of the room.

Jaime and J walked over to my seat as the others walked out of the classroom. "Hey, so what happened with your boyfriend?" Jaime teased.

"You ask him out yet?" J asked.

"No, I need to get on his good side first, you know? Become his friend." I said.

"Did you get on his good side today?" Jaime questioned. We started walking.

"To be honest? I don't even know." I admitted, shaking my head and knitting my eyebrows together.