Status: On-going.

Change Isn't Always Bad

Chapter 3

It was the next day and I was still confused about Kellin. Why did he act so casual at the mention of music, then go back to normal when the subject changed? He's so strange.

This is a part of the reason I like him - he's so different, it's hard to not be attracted to him.
My thoughts were interrupted by Kellin Quinn himself, walking towards me with nothing in his hands but his phone and some earbuds.

"Put them in. Now." he commanded. He looked so determined and that mixed with his bossiness was honestly pretty fucking hot.

"Why should I?" I smirked. Mike sighed behind me.

"Vic." holy damn Kellin sounded hot right now.

"Yes?" I played dumb. He sighed and shoved the headphones into my ears, taking me by surprise. Who knew Kellin would be so persistent?

Anyway, the music he was playing was pretty good. It started out with a piano and then got more enthusiastic. I liked it.

The song ended and I took the headphones out.

"There, now you know what My Chemical Romance is." Kellin said simply before walking away. The halls were clearing out so I muttered something to Mike about going to class without me and I chased after Kellin. He was about to go into the classroom when I stopped him.

"Wait, Kellin," I said.

"Y-Yeah?" he stuttered, changing back into his normal self.

"Skip class with me?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Uh, I-I can't-" he was cut off by the bell.

"Think of it this way: you have Mr. Ramsey right now and you're late. You know how he gets on people's asses about being late, so it's either deal with him now in front of everyone or come with me to go get something to eat and deal with him later in detention alone. Your choice." I knew threatening him with the whole class' eyes on him was terrible, but I really wanted to talk to him alone.

He sighed. "Fine. But is it okay if I play some music?"

"Sounds good to me." I smiled. He returned one and I had to keep myself from 'Aww'ing out loud; he's too fucking adorable.

---

Music is the only thing that keeps Kellin calm. I get it now.

If we talked about music or band interviews, he seemed fine - laughed and smiled and didn't show any signs of anxiety.

If we weren't talking about music, he was playing some, which helped, too. He acted normal, and I really liked it. I really like him.

We were at a park not too far from.the school, sitting on a bench. It was a beautiful day, but it wasn't as beautiful as the boy sitting next to me.

Wow, I have it bad.

"So, Vic, can I ask you something?" Kellin asked, turning down the Panic! At The Disco song we were listening to.

"Yeah?"

"If you really do like this music, why don't you show it? Like, how come you don't wear merch or anything?" he asked.

"Well, to be honest, I just got into this stuff. Like, last night." I admitted. Why lie to him?

"Oh. Okay then. Well maybe one of these days I'll bring you to Hot Topic with me." he shrugged. My eyebrows raised.

"You go to the mall?" I asked. It came out sounding a little meaner than I intended, but he knew I didn't really mean it.

"Yeah," he laughed, "I have a life, ya know."

"Really?" I teased. He hit my shoulder playfully.

"Yes, really, you asswipe." he smiled. I smiled back.

"I really like it when you smile and laugh. It's really cute." I said.

He bit his lip and looked at the ground. "Oh, um, thanks." he said shyly.

"You're even more cute when you're shy." I flirted. He shook his head.

"We should go back to class, I don't want to get in any more trouble." he sighed.

I felt a little disappointed. He already wanted to leave? "Oh, alright. Let's go then." I smiled, hiding my disappointment.

"Sorry." Guess I'm not that good at hiding it.

"S'fine. We'll hang out again some time, right?" I asked, following Kellin as he walked back towards the school.

"Maybe." he shrugged, biting his lip. We were quiet until we got to the school doors.

"Welp, see you in class." I said.

He reached for his phone to turn his music off. "Yep."

And that was the best day I've had all week.