The Monster Hidden Under My Heart

Chapter 1

"I know what you're thinking. You think I'm insane. You think, you think I'm crazy. But I'm not." I said, rocking back and forth in the chair, holding my legs to my chest.

"I don't think you're crazy, Mr. Bostwick."

"Don't call me that. It's Quinn." I snapped, rocking back and forth faster.

"Why? Do you not like your name?"

"Vic wouldn't like you calling me that," I said, glaring at him.

"Who is Vic, exactly?"

"He's mine. He's my boyfriend and you won't go near him!" I yelled through gritted teeth.

"I see. Is Vic. . . human?" he asked, writing something down on his stupid little clipboard.

"The fuck does it matter to you?"

"Just wondering. Is he?"

"Doctor Perry, can I ask you something?" I asked, leaning towards him.

"Go ahead."

"Have you ever looked at your closet at night and wonder 'What's in there'? Have you ever heard a noise from under your bed? I assume you have; every child has. Have you ever looked under the bed, Doctor Perry? Have you ever checked the closet?"

"No, actually. My parents looked and saw nothing or I just ignored it. When I grew up, I didn't hear the noises or was curious about the closet. Why do you ask, Mister Quinn?" he put his clipboard aside, like he was actually interested in hearing what I have to say.

"What if they were lying? Or what if they just simply see it? You know, Perry, I was an adventurous child." I said, leaning back against the wall and rested the back of my head on my arm.

"How so?"

"I would never call my mother or father into my room just because I was scared of a noise. No, that's just silly. I would always check it out myself. You and your co-workers would love to see what I saw."

"What did you see?" he asked, his brows furrowed together.

I laughed. "A boy. A boy my age; my only friend."