Don't You Ever Forget About Me

Chapter 2

(VIC POV)

Shit, I can't let him see me. I ran through the crowd of people. It was fairly easy, but yet it was the second hardest thing I ever had to do; having to run away from the one I love. He had tears in his eyes. I wanted nothing more than to go back to him, tell him I'm still here, I'm alive. Tell him that it was all fake and I'm so fucking sorry about it. But I can't. I can't go back to him. I can't say I'm sorry. He'd never forgive me. I stopped running and tried to catch my breath. I couldn't see Kellin anywhere. He must have gave up a while ago.

(KELLIN POV)

I walked back to the tour bus. This was our last day in New York. Everyone was sitting in the bus, waiting for me. The fans screamed when they saw me. 'Don't cry, Kellin! We love you!' 'Finish the fucking show!' I just waved and went in the bus. The band looked up at me when they heard the door open. Jack opened his mouth to talk.

"Shut up." I said. I sat down on my bed and stared at the wall.

"Kellin, I'm sorry, okay?"

"I said shut up." I shot daggers at him. He just sat back in his seat.

"We know you're upset, but suck it up for the rest of the tour, yeah? We have one more show. Then you can be as depressed as you want." Gabe spoke up.

"Why can't I be depressed now? My boyfriend just died and you guys don't give a shit. Not one of you know what I'm going through." I snapped.

"Dude, calm down." Jesse said. Great. Now they're all against me.

I turned to look at him. "Have you ever heard someone say 'I'm sorry, but your boyfriend died in that fire.'? Did you ever have to realize that the love of your life is GONE?"

"Well, not really." He looked at the floor.

"Then why are you telling me to calm down when you don't know what I'm feeling?" I gritted my teeth. I just stopped crying. I'm not going to start again.

"Jack is just trying to say sorry and you're being an ass."

"I forgot something outside." I lied. "I'll be back later." I got up and left the bus.

I went into the nearest bar and ordered a beer. I sat with my beer for a minute, thinking about how I just left my band. I wonder if they'll leave without me. I couldn't help but think about Vic. His perfect smile, his laugh, the voiced he used when he said 'I love you'. I smiled at first, but then I remembered that the only place I'll ever see that stuff again is in my mind; my memory. This thought made me upset. I went into the bathroom and sat in a stall. I gripped my hair so hard that I almost pulled it out. If only I was there, the night that the fire happened. I could have saved him. I started crying.

After a minute or so, the door opened. I stopped crying. I was silent while the other person was in there.

"God damnit." I heard the golden voice say. It sounded too familiar.

(VIC POV)

I followed him into the bar. I couldn't help myself. I noticed he went into the bathroom, so I followed him there, too. He was crying. In the bathroom stall. I can't stand to see him cry. I went inside the bathroom and tried to think of what to say to him. 'Oh, by the way, I'm not dead!' didn't really seem like a good choice. I paced back and forth in the bathroom, thinking of what to say. He was sillent, I just realized. He never wanted others to worry about him. I couldn't think of anything to say. "God damnit." I whispered and left the bathroom.

Ten or twenty minutes later, Kellin came out. He went straight to the bar. I didn't hear what he ordered. The bar tender came back to him with a bottle of.. something. I couldn't make out the label from where I was standing. I looked at my watch. 8:57 pm. He's getting drunk at nine o'clock at night. Someone has to take care of him. He was probably too drunk to know exactly who I am. He got another bottle. How can someone who never drinks, drink that much in such a short time? I walked over to where he was and sat down next to him. His eyes were bloodshot. He went to order another bottle. "Uh, excuse me sir, but it seems like you've had enough." I said.

"Who da fuck are you to tell me when I've had enough? You don't know me." He pointed at himself.

"I do know you, actually. You're Kellin Quinn. You're in a band."

"Of course. You a fan? You want an autograph or something?" His words were slurring.

"No, sir. I just think you've had enough." I tried so hard not to say 'It's me! Can't you see! I'm not dead! I'm not dead and I love you!'

It took him a while to answer. "Yeah, I guess you're right. I don't know what to do, though. My band probably left without me. I have no where to stay."

"I can get you a hotel. There's one across the street. C'mon." I helped him up and out the door. He was slipping and tumbling. "Be careful, please, Kels." I said without thinking. We made it across the street.

"Hey, back there you called me Kels. Only.. Only Vic calls me Kels." Shit, he was right. Kels was my pet name for him. Why did I do this?

"I didn't call you Kels, sir. You must be hearing things." I lied. Why can't I just tell him that I'm me? He's drunk, it's not like he'd remember.

"Right.. I must be." He said. "I must be."

-

"Here's your room." I said. Kellin looked at me as he laid on the bed. "Have a good night, sir."

"Hey, wait." He laughed.

"Yes?" Oh god, oh god, does he recognize me? I cut my hair and everything before I came here just to make sure he didn't.

"You're gonna leave me here alone? Drunk and alone?" He smiled.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean, we just met each other. I didn't really plan on spending the night with you.." Truth is, I wanted nothing more.

"Let's get to know each other." He winked slowly.

"Sir, I think you should just get some rest." I went over to the bed and tried to bring the blankets up to his neck. He kept kicking them away like a baby. "Sir, please just get some rest." It took everything I had in me to not kiss him and hug him and tell him I'm okay; it's okay.

"You're cute." He said, his words weren't slurred this time.

"Thank you. Sir, go to bed, please." I was finally able to bring the sheet up and over his body. When I got closer to his head, he kissed me. I didn't stop him. I missed this feeling. He put his hands around my neck and pulled me down on the bed with him. I broke the kiss. "Kellin, stop. You're drunk."

"Fine. I'll fucking go to sleep. You better be here in the morning."

"I can't promise anything." I said slowly.

"You'll be here. I know it. Good night, Vic."

...Shit.