Don't You Ever Forget About Me

Chapter 4

(KELLIN POV)

"Kellin, wake up." Vic said with a smile. "I have food." His face hovered over mine. For the first time in a month, I smiled when I woke up.

"What kind of food?" I questioned. He went over to the table.

"Nothing special; just McDonald's breakfast."

"Where'd you get the money for it?" I propped myself up on my elbows. Vic just looked away and held back from laughing.

"I dunno. Oh, and by the way, someone stole ten dollars from you. I don't know who." He scratched the back of his head and tried to look Innocent.

"You're lucky I love you, or you'd be in deep shit right now." I laughed then went over to where he was sitting. He smiled once again.

"Love you, too." We ate our breakfast. Though, it wasn't the best, it was still food. "We're... we're going to leave soon."

"What?"

"We can't just stay here for the rest of our lives. Neither of us have a job right now. We're gonna have to apply for some soon,"

"Vic?" I said with a smirk.

"Yeah?"

"Imagine living like a king some dayy!" I sang. I got up and put my foot on the chair.

"Kellin,"

"A single night without a ghost in the walls, and if the bass shakes the earth underground, we'll start a new revolution NOW! " I stood on the chair, holding my hand in a fist like it was a microphone

"Kellin, c'mon." He smiled. I stood there, waiting for him to sing along. He sighed, then sang. "Hail Mary, forgive me, blood for blood, hearts beating. Come at me, now this is war, fuck with this new beat!"

"There you go! Vic, I don't want to talk about that shit. We'll worry about that tomorrow. Today let's just be crazy, be young, be lovers, be.. be us."

"You promise we'll talk about that shit tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes. Let's go do something. You said we could."

"Let's see if your band is still here, then we'll do stuff." He got up from his chair and walked over to me.

"Okay." I took his hand. "I love you."

"I love you more." We walked out of the door and into the lobby. Some people stared at us, and I don't think it's because we're famous. "Kellin," Vic whispered. "People are staring."

"I noticed." I whispered back, "Is there a problem?"

"Well, we are two grown men hold hands." We went through the lobby doors. Floods of people were outside, and it was only 10:30 am.

"Is there a problem?" I repeated. What's he trying to say?

"People now-a-days don't like people like us." He let go of my hand. "We'll walk with our hands at our sides, yeah?" I stood there, shocked. He really cared about what other people think? He would really stop doing something simple like holding hands, just because people we don't even know were staring? He noticed I stopped. "You coming?"

"Yeah, sorry." I didn't want to worry him with my thoughts. "The tour bus isn't too far away; just a block or two down."

"Okay, that won't be too much."

"Yeah.. Hey, Vic?" I said, catching up to him.

"Hm?"

"I love you." He turned to me, smiled, winked, and turned back. Weird; this time his smile didn't put me in a better mood."Wouldn't they have gone looking for me if they cared? They probably left. Can't we just go do stuff? This is New York, there's a lot of things to do besides stalk a tour bus." I kept complaining.

"Kellin, we're almost there I think. Where was it?" He looked around.

"It's not here. They left. Oh well. Now can we go do somethin-"

"What? What do you want to do? Hm? Hm?" He snapped.

"What the hell is wrong with you? First you pretend like you're dead, now you don't want to be seen with me in public. Do you.. do you not love me anymore? Is that why you left?" Just the thought of that happening made me want to cry.

"It's not like that. I do love you. I love you more than life itself." He wasn't lying. I could always tell when he was lying.

"Then why are you acting this way?"

"..I.. I don't know.. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was hurting you.." He looked at the ground.

"It's fine. Just," I lifted his head and kissed him. "Don't keep acting like that." He grabbed my hand.

"I won't. I love you, I really do."