All Our Stars

Chapter 1

It was late October on the college campus, and Belly Keegan was spending her night in a cramped house with a bunch of overly horny college students. She watched as girls wearing clothes that didn’t leave much up to the imagination and boys who were a little too grabby bumped and grinded up against each other. She probably should have tried to enjoy herself but all she could think about was how the house smelt like moldy cheese and beer. The music that was playing from the speakers was making the house shake and starting to give her a headache. She sighed wishing she was snuggling up in her bed and listening to better music.

However, her brother had mentioned this party and Belly mistakenly brought it up to her roommate, Audra. After hearing about it, she practically begged Belly to go saying she could use the night out. Her exact words were along the line of “getting laid” and “loosening up”. Belly being a good person agreed, something she regretted as soon as they got there, because Audra all but disappeared. Belly wandered around the house for a few minutes before settling in a corner with her beer in one hand and her phone in the other. She really wished Tanner had come to the party because at least then she would have someone to talk too.

Belly was unaware that she had caught the eye of a certain hazel-eyed guy from across the room. It was her laugh that first caught TJ Oshie’s attention. He overheard her loud giggle from across the room and his eyes drifted in her direction. She had thrown her head back in a fit of laughter, causing her long red hair to fall gracefully down her back. The blonde next to her made another comment and she shrugged waving her off. The blonde smiled and walked away towards an unsuspecting male, leaving Belly alone.

“Dude, are you even listening to me?” Brad asked. TJ looked at his friend slightly annoyed. “Beer pong?” TJ looked back to the corner and noticed that the corner was vacant and shook his head. “You go ahead.” Brad rolled his eyes before walking towards the other room. TJ waited patiently for the pretty girl to return and when she did he made his move.

“Hey,” TJ said causing the red head to snap out of her thoughts. She turned to see an attractive guy smirking down at her. “I’m the head of the welcoming committee for this house, and it’s my job to introduce myself to the prettiest girl at the party.”

Belly raised her eyebrows, fighting back a laugh. “Wow, how many girls have you used that line on?”

He shrugged, a coy smile playing at his lips. “Believe it or not, you are the first girl I ever said it to.”

Belly grasped at her chest dramatically, “Well I’m honored to be your first prettiest girl. Why the sudden change, was your old line not picking up any girls?”

“Getting a girl was never a problem,” he shot back. “I just decided it was time for a change.”

Belly kinked her eyebrow, a questioning look passing over her face, “I’m curious. What were your old lines?”

“A guy never reveals his best lines.”

“They were that bad, huh?” She teased.

He laughed his hazel-green eyes shining in the light. “What’s your name?”

“Belly.” She replied biting her lip out of habit.

“Well, Belly, I’m TJ Oshie, and I’m going to get you a drink. Then we can finish this fun talk.” He told her not giving her another option. TJ liked Belly a little more than he was willing to admit. Not many girls shot down his advances, but there was something refreshing about a girl that did.

Belly watched as he walked away. He was obviously very attractive, with large round eyes and a crooked grin that no doubt made girls swoon. But Belly wasn’t like most girls, and she definitely wasn’t the kind of girl to go home with a guy who she barely knew. No matter how attractive they are.

“Here you go.” TJ offered her the cup and she shook her head. “Only if you take a sip first.” TJ obliged chugging some of the drink back before offering it to her again. She took it from him taking a sip. She noticed he was staring at her and she felt herself start to blush. She knew he saw it because he started to smirk. “So, what’s your major?”

Belly snorted loudly causing a stunned look to cross his face. “Is that the question you ask when you try to get a girl to go home with you?”

“No. That’s the question I ask when I’m trying to get to know a girl. I figured that since you denied my earlier advances you probably wouldn’t be coming home with me tonight.”

Belly narrowed her eyes nodding, “You’re a smart guy.”

“But I mean if you’re in to hockey players, you should know I play right wing on the Fighting Sioux.” He replied nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders.

This time a stunned look crossed over Belly’s face. She knew TJ Oshie had sounded familiar, but she didn’t know from where. She took a sip from her cup letting the alcohol burn her throat. “You know. I bet I have something that could really make your mood change.”

“What’s that?”

She licked her lips, leaning in slightly, “My last name is Keegan.” She leaned back watching his reaction. At first he just looked confused, but a look of realization soon crossed over his face. Belly smirked at his reaction and couldn’t help but laugh. “I’m guessing you know my brother.”

“I do. It’s funny before school started he made a point in saying how you were off limits.”

Belly rolled her eyes, wishing her brother wasn’t so protective. “That sounds like Tanner. Always inserting himself into my love life.”

“He was just watching out for you, some of the guys on the team can be real creeps.” TJ replied.

“Yourself included?” She remarked a teasing look in her eyes. TJ looked down sending her a playful glare. “No, of course not.”

Granted in the past two years TJ had brought back a number of girls to his room. But he didn’t like to think of himself as a creep. It’s not like he ever forced a girl to go back to his room. He knew that no means no and he accepted a rejection no matter how much it hurt his ego.

They stood in silence for a couple minutes. Each took secret glances at the other, hoping they wouldn’t get caught.

It was obvious how hot TJ was, Belly saw it and she knew that TJ knew it too. His shaggy brown hair was flowing out from underneath the backwards snapback that was on his head. His polo was tight against the curve of his muscles, and she could just tell that he had a hockey butt.

“Hey Teej.” A blonde girl stumbled over throwing herself into TJ’s arms. He rolled his eyes at her action and tried to steady her onto her own two feet. “I’ve missed you.” She purred, running one of her hands up and down his stomach. Belly raised her eyebrows slightly amused by the interaction. She watched as TJ grabbed the girl’s hand and put it back by her side.

She pouted a bit before locking eyes with Belly. She stood up a little straighter giving Belly a once over a look of jealousy passing over her features. “Who’s this?”

TJ groaned, “Chill Kira.”

“You have nothing to worry about, Kira.” Belly replied before looking into TJ’s eyes, “I’m into goalies, forwards just aren’t my cup of tea.”

Kira seemed satisfied by the comment, but TJ was more than annoyed which left Belly smirking.

“I actually think I’m going to head out. It was a honor meeting you TJ, I hope you find another pretty girl soon.” Belly remarked before turning on her heals and walking towards the door. TJ watched as she walked away and took in every sway of her hip. Well, if she wanted to play games, he was going to play the best game of his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
a/n: I hope y'all liked this. This is my first story, so it might be a little rough. And it is taking place in the college years of TJ, but there may be a sequel in my mind once I finish this story.