Status: Let's do this!

From Thief to Agent

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

I feel his fingers caressing my skin, and his breath on the back of my neck. I moan and smile and I snuggle against him. He puts his face against my cheek, and whispers in my ear, how much he missed me, and how we will never be apart.

The moment is ruined abruptly when a voice calls out, "Molly! Wake up, Molly! We need to go!"

I sit up straight in my bed. The man beside me had evaporated, gone back to being a figure of my imagination. I look for my phone to figure out the time. When I see that I had overslept, I jump out of bed, and into the shower as quick as I can.

I hate being late with a passion, so I try to get ready as quick as I can. Thank goodness my roommate and partner hates being late more than I do, so she had gotten me up and has given me enough time to fix my hair.

I figure that we are just going around questioning people today, so I pull on some skinny jeans and a sweater.

"You slept late," Sara said as I entered into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I know. I guess slept through my alarm. I was having to pleasant of a dream," I told her, grabbing a cup of coffee.

"Oh, please tell me that it wasn't about that freak."

I nod and say,"He is misunderstood."

"He hates mortals, Molly. He tried to kill human kind, it is not that hard to understand."

"He liked me," I say, trying to protect him, but to no use. Sara has been an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D for three years now. She has no ability, but she does know the ropes, so we make an excellent team. The only thing we don't agree on is the true nature of Loki, the God of Mischief.

"Yeah, and then he gave you that strange ring that you can never take off. You're a pain in the butt to go through security with."

I just laugh, and put my cup in the sink. "Come on, we really need to go now."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what's on today's agenda?" Sara asked the receptionist.

"You two have a meeting in five minutes," the man replied, "Oh and Molly, you have a package."

Sara looks at me questioningly as I'm handed the package. I just give her a shrug.

"Well, are you going to open it?" Sara asked as soon as we get to our desks. I just shake my head and put it in a drawer inside my desk. "Why not?"

"Because I don't want you looking at my stuff."

"Ooohhhh," Sara says, with a mock understanding and gives me a wink. In her mind I can see all the possibilities of what can be in the mysterious package.

I shake my head, "Perv, let's go to the meeting."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So we are going to be putting a task force together to clear the damage from the crash and find any survivors. Hatkins and Rivera are going to interview any possible witnesses," said our commander. "Also, due to the security breaks, we will be doing extensive background checks on each of our employees."

After we are dismissed, Steven Rogers approached us. "Miss. Hatkins, Ms. Rivera," he greeted us.

"Captain Rogers," Sara said.

"Since you two are interviewing witnesses, I wanted you two to find out if there were any survivors that maybe escaped the wreckage. See if anyone in the surrounding neighborhoods saw anyone that looked suspicious or confused."

Sara gave me a sideways look, and tapped my foot with hers, her signal for me to use one of my talents. I smiled at the young Captain America. Even though he was a superhuman, it was only physically, not psychologically.

Less than a second later, I was responding to his request with, "We will be on the lookout, Captain Rogers."

He smiled and as we turned to go, he called out, "Be careful, ladies."