I'm Yours Tonight

forever alone,

CHARLOTTE’S P.O.V

I opened my eyes. The bright Australian sun was seeping in through the open window that I was standing in front of. The view from my apartment was as amazing as it was everyday.

And that's when I saw it.

Well, more that's when I saw THEM.

I think I could have fainted.

"LAYLA!" I screeched. My voice was shaky and echoing throughout the room. She immediately came bursting in, toothbrush in hand and foam around her mouth.

"Wha..?" she said, her voice muffled by the foamy toothpaste liquid in her mouth.

"I...I think you might want to check out what is outside the hotel right now," I stuttered, pointing out the window. Layla leaned over and spat the toothpaste out of her mouth and into the sink, and she walked over. She looked out the window and saw what I was freaking out about. She let out a loud and piercing squeal.

"Charlotte, we have to get down there NOW!" she exclaimed, grabbing my arm and pulling me out the door and down the stairs. She bolted down the stairs, and I was one step behind her. We got tothe lobby, avoiding all the people and ran right out the big front doors of the hotel.

Layla was already halfway down the big stairs that led up to the door, but I was far behind her. I miscalculated my step, and went tumbling down the cold concrete steps.

"Help!" I called out, hoping Layla would stop and help me. But she didn't, so I went down, down all the stairs, and stopped at the bottom, sitting on my bum, completely dazed.

"OH MY GOD! It’s Grace Falls!" Layla screamed. I looked up to see my best friend talking to the coolest Australian band that has ever lived, Grace Falls.

"Brad, I thought you said nobody would see us..." Sam Dean, the lead singer whispered to Brad Wallace, his best friend and drummer of the band.

"Geez Layla, thanks for helping me, its not like I just fell down the stairs or anything!" I used sarcasm often when talking to Layla, because I knew it annoyed her.

"Charlotte, what have I told you about your sarcasm and it being an epic fail at life?" Layla said, holding out her hand and pulling me up. She didn’t usually use terms such as ‘epic fail at life’, but I think the nerves of meeting one of her favourite bands was beginning to get to her head.

"Uh, okay the. We're... going to go now..." said Andy Kleson, the bass player. He started to turn around and walk away, but Layla latched onto his arm.

"I can take you on a tour around the city! I know this area like the back of my - HEAD!" she laughed, and grinned like a psychopath. Even I was beginning to get a tad bit frightened. Andy gave the other two boys a look that screamed 'HELP ME'. Brad looked at me, his chocolate brown eyes stared into mine, and I was consumed with a fluttery feeling, which had emerged in my stomach. I had always liked Brad the most out of the three. I had idolized their band for many years, and seeing them in person was an odd sensation that I certainly wasn’t used to.

He smiled at me. I smiled back, snapping back into reality, noticing that Andy was talking to Layla, but it was obvious that he was still frightened of Layla. Sometimes, Layla frightened me too.

"Uh, yeah... Excuse me guys; I have to go to the bathroom. I’ll be right back..." Andy said, and walked into the hotel. We all just stood in silence for a short while. But, as usual, Layla broke the silence.

"Hey Sam... can I touch your hair?" she asked, putting on the cutest, yet fakest, voice possible. She still sounded a bit crazy, but Sam didn't seem to notice. It was such an odd request, but it was a personal joke between Layla and I. I honestly didn’t think she was going to mention it, so it took me by surprise when she did. He flicked his hair, "Yeah, sure."

Layla grinned, and her hand started going towards his pants. He jumped backwards, and Brad and I laughed.

"Oh my god! Dude, are you crazy?" he asked, breathing quite heavily.

"Yes, yes she is. Sorry, that’s just a personal joke between us two. I apologize on her behalf." I said between laughs. It was blatantly obvious to the boys now that she was indeed crazy.

"Sam, you have to admit that was pretty damn funny." Brad was still chuckling at what he had just saw, as Andy came back.

"What was pretty damn funny?" Andy asked.

"That crazy chick tried to touch my dick!" Sam yelled. He, like a lot of us, realised how mental Layla can be when she was nervous.

"Okay, seriously, you are by far the craziest fan we have ever met..." Sam said.

"Oh why thank you." Layla bowed dramatically, coming back to stand next to me. She took pride in her outgoing personality, and most definitely wasn’t afraid to flaunt it whenever she could. I, on the other hand, was not that way at all.

The boys exchanged glances as silence arose again. This time, I decided to speak up.

"Hey, this may sound very strange, but hear me out," I said, my voice sounding a bit croaky because of my nervousness. All eyes were on me, which was totally not helping the whole nervous thing. "Well... Layla and I are like really, really major fans, obviously, and this is the first time we've actually met you, which explains why Layla here is acting so weird - we've been fans for YEARS... “Anyway, maybe if you guys aren't busy anytime today... could we possibly hang out with you? I promise Layla will hold in her crazy." I was out of breath by the end of the speech. Layla was just staring at Sam, a smile spread across her lips. The boys looked at me, and then at each other.

"Um, that sounds really cool, but..." Sam began, but was quickly cut off.

"We would love to." Brad replied, smiling widely. Sam and Andy glared at him. "What? The guys texted before saying they won't be coming for another few hours, so why not?" he whispered quietly to his now-mad friends, looking innocent.

I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying to them, I was too busy looking at his gorgeous features. He has plain brown coloured hair that was straightened at the front and stuck up everywhere at the back. His amazing chocolate brown eyes sparkled when he spoke, occasionally glistening as the sun shone across them. He had a slight smile - the kind of smile that plays across your lips naturally without you knowing. His black skinny jeans and white t-shirt made him look a lot younger.

"Oh my god, are you serious?" Layla asked.

"I guess so..." Sam sighed.

"Oh my God! You guys are amazing!" Layla's fan-girl screams echoed throughout the street. It was about 7:30AM, so the street was almost empty, except for a couple of joggers that really should have been wearing more than a sports bra and tights.

"Well, if you haven't noticed, we're still in our pajamas..." I laughed. I looked over at Layla, who wasn't wearing any pants, only an oversized t-shirt, and was admiring Sam's jacket.

"Layla!" I shouted and grabbed my best friend’s arm and started pulling her up towards the big concrete stairs.

"Wait here!" Layla said over her shoulder, winking. I quickly glanced back to see Sam shake his head, smiling. I could sense that he was already regretting his decision of agreeing to join us for breakfast.

Layla and I hurried up the stairs to our room, changing as quickly as we possibly could. Layla got dressed into a short pink dress that accentuated her body shape nicely. She looked quite classy with her deep red hair flowing over her shoulders and her make-up looking eloquent. I decided to wear the usual - jeans and a t-shirt. After lining my eyes really quickly with eyeliner, we both hurried down to the outside of the hotel. We saw the boys hanging around a small wooden bench. I was about to walk over to them, but Layla grabbed my arms and pulled me over to behind a bush that was near them. She covered my mouth so I wouldn't make any noise.

"Shut up so we can hear what they're saying!" she whispered, and I nodded.

"Yeah, that Charlotte girl is pretty hot. And she's sane..." Andy said, pulling his blonde fringe out of his eyes. I internally sighed as I thought maybe the boys were shallower than I previously thought.

"I think she's gorgeous..." Brad's voice trailed off. Those four words made my heart melt. He thought I was gorgeous! Me, Charlotte Gray, a simple, quiet, somewhat boring 19-year-old girl. I couldn’t fathom how he could think so highly of me.

"Ooo! Brad has a crush!" Sam teased, poking Brad in the stomach. This made him smile, which made Layla poke me in the stomach, and I silently giggled.

"But you know who's hotter? Layla." Sam said.

“Why do they only care about appearances?” I whispered to Layla. She ignored me and continued listening to the boys.

"She's crazy." Andy said bluntly.

"That is true... but she's pretty hot, and if you ignore the insanity, she's pretty nice..." I looked over at Layla, whose hazel eyes had glazed over.

Before I knew it, I was leaning too far on Layla, and she toppled over. This caused both of us to tumble out in front of the boys. They all turned around to look at us, confused looks playing across their
adorable faces.

"I just... uh… tripped! Over Layla." I said, hopefully not seeming too dorky. I jerked up, grabbing Layla and pulling her up as well.

"So are we gonna go, or what?" I asked, smiling. This was probably the first time in a long while that I had smiled without faking. It was a good feeling, one that I was not used to.

We began walking, but were stopped when we heard somebody call out Layla's name. Layla and I both turned to see who it was.

I swear I could've fainted for the second time that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry the formatting on this website is so weird.