Crime Lords

Chapter 2

I smiled taking a lick from the vanilla ice cream cone in her hand, walking into one of the many buildings of the long since abandoned warehouse. The mixed smell of rusting metal and staleness. Maneuvering expertly through the rubble. She already knew what to do even with her eyes closed. For regular people all the stuff on the ground and stacked up everywhere would make them turn back extinguishing their curiosity. Just some regular dust, bug, and rat infested warehouse. I sighed wiggling myself through two boxes into a clearing, of course it was sort of more like a hide out than anything else.

Sitting down on an old worn ugly canary yellow couch, I sighed setting the manila folder beside me. I started eating at the cone, looking around stuffing the last of the cone in my mouth.

"I thought that I told you not to make any stops" a male's voice said behind me.

"Did you?" I say mockingly after I swallowed. I put my feet up on the arm of the couch resting my head on the other end "Forgot". My hands went up to my head remembering that I still had the stupid wig on. I started unpinning it from my head.

Heavy footsteps came from behind the couch. A hand went through the wig pulling out pins as it did. I looked up at my partner, Jason, who looked down at me with piercing green eyes. "You forgot huh?" I could hear the accusation in his voice.

"Uh huh" I reply batting my eyes innocently, sitting up. Of course I hadn't, but what would hurt if I got a little ice cream. I had a sweet tooth to satisfy. "I don't think I'm cut out to be a red head" I sigh deciding to change the subject. Pulling out the last of the clips I started out rubbing out my black hair, letting it flop on my back.

"That's because you aren't" he replied. Jason walked around sitting down beside me, forcing me to move from my comfortable position. I groaned sitting up putting my feet on the ground. Dropping the wig from my hand I handed him the folder.

"That's supposedly is it" I sigh.

"I guess it is most of it" Jason mumbled opening to the first page, putting his feet up on the old wooden table, aside from the other junk in the space it was one of the only things that didn't have a lot of dust because we used it so much.

"Most of it" I repeated. He'd only looked through a couple of pages, that's bad. Putting a finger up to my eye, carefully removing the green colored contacts from each eye. My hand steady so not to poke my eye. "Well I warned him, didn't I?" My eyebrows furrow up. Now I had to kill John.

"Well need to take the shipment when lots of evidence can be washed away, then burn the port. By then there will be enough time for the ones before to be distributed" Jason said still concentrating on the paper.

"Burn the port and end up on the news the next morning" I sigh folding my legs under me. I laid my head on his shoulder, feeling the muscles under his shirt relax slightly. I picked at some of the fluff coming out of the couch from its many rips.

"Exactly what we want" his arrogance came from his voice.

"A show" I nodded.

His hand went around me on my stomach slowly going down to my waist "Then that's what we'll do". He closed the folder setting it down on on the table in front of us. "And you can sort through those later".

"Really?" I groaned. My hand went up to his brown hair.

"Yeah no getting out of it" Jason smirked. His other hand went up to my chin guiding my face closer to his. His warm lips met mine. My heart rate quickened, and as always my skin started to tingle where his skin met mine. His hands went to my thighs untucking my legs from beneath me pushing me so that I was on my back. He got on top of me slowly kissing down my neck. A sudden vibration ring from my pocket made me jump. I always get off guard in these moments even though Jason says to never let it down, It was really, really hard! I fumbled for the cellphone in my pocket, I had two one for business another for normal things, I'm not so sure anyone of my friends would like getting a rather threatening message because I butt dialed or something.

I held the phone close to my ear "Hello?" I answer trying not to sound too frustrated. Jason slowly got off of me still watching me intently.

"Hey Nol, I was wondering if it'd be alright to hang out with you this evening" one of my friends, Chelse, asked.

Sitting up I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I glanced at Jason questionably he gave a nod. "Yeah sure when and where?" I answer finally, biting the inside of my cheek.

"Oh about thirty minutes at the usual restaurant"

"Alright" I sigh. "Later" I say before hanging up the phone. Standing up I sighed again looking at Jason "So much for that" I let my hand comb through my hair. Even though I've known this guy for years now and yet it still feels like the first time I met him: a puzzle I wanted to figure out. All the pieces were there, but the picture wasn't quite there yet.

"Yeah, but think of it more as if you need to cancel on them you can without them getting suspicious" Jason propped his feet back on the table.

Putting the phone back in my pocket. I smiled at him "Later then" I start walking towards the exit/entrance.

"Later then" I heard him reply. I could feel his eyes scanning over me from behind lustfully.