Crime Lords

Chapter 6

About ten minutes have passed since I'd called Jason. It wasn't like I had a problem waiting. I did have a problem with waiting in a shady neighborhood with my car. At night. Putting my forehead on the steering wheel. "And he talks about me being late" I grumble. I had even took extra time to wear something he'd might like. Smoothing down the dark blue fabric, I sighed.

Sighing I ran my hands through my hair. It was pretty dark, and there was a more than likely chance that someone was getting mugged or robbed, or just plain getting assaulted. People getting raped or murdered even both. No way to truly stop crime.

There was a tapping at the window. "Speaking of crime" I mumble. I slowly put my hand under the seat. My fingers wrapping around the handle of the gun. Rolling down the window, the person was covered in darkness. The hoodie wasn't helping me with identifying the figure. Troublesome. I stayed straight faced "What do you want?" My voice came out evenly.

"You shouldn't be so stiff. I just wanna talk" the voice was low, I had to strain my ears slightly to hear. "Pretty little girl like you, seems pretty well off".

"Is that so?" I say holding up the gun for him to see. "Unless you want a bullet in your head find some other little girl to play with" a bitter taste was left in my mouth.

There was a brief silence as my finger went to the trigger. The person started laughing making me clench my teeth. Was he not taking me seriously? "Do you not think I'll kill you" I say coldly.

"Calm down! Calm down!" The person shook the hood off of his head.

"Jason!" I put the gun down and get out the car. "I could have-! I could have-!"

"Mhmm" Jason put his hands in the hoodie's pockets. "I was hoping that you would scream or something. Its good your on your guard" I could see his emerald eyes flash even with the little light that was availible.

"Screw you" I lean against my car, I suddenly felt heavy. Looking down I shook my head, I didn't even want to think about if I had actually pulled the trigger. My hands shook slightly making me clench my hands to my side. How he be so casual about it?

"Come on" Jason took a step towards me his breath tickling my cheek. His fingers trailed my jaw, resting on my chin. His hands rough against my skin. My breath hitched in my chest as I felt his lips against mine. His hands slide down my arms even through the clothes I feel electricity flowing between us. He smelled like salt water. His fingers laced with mine, then seperated before I felt something pushed on my finger.

"A ring" I raise up my hand.

"I got it for you" Jason mumbled putting some distance between us. It was still hard to see his expression, since it was so dark and he was still in shadow. Rubbing it under my hand it was smooth to the touch, the stone was a milky white color.

"Thank you" I smile enough to make my cheeks hurt. Wrapping my arms around him I lay my head on his chest listening to him breath.

I felt his hands on my waist "We should probably get down to business".

Blinking a couple of times I push off of him "This isn't romantic at all under the circumstances". I put my hands on my waist the dress flowing against my legs.

"You already know I'm not good with that kind of thing" He says guiding me to a house knocking twice loudly. We waited a few seconds before the pourch light turning on shortly after the door opens.

A man, taller than Jason, answers the door "Well then if it isn't my two favorite customers". His beady eyes scanning over our faces. Suppressing an eye roll I pushed myself past him through the door not waiting for a welcome.

"We're here for supplies" Jason says behind me.

"Not conversation yes, yes I know" closing the door the man gestured his dirty finger nailed hand "This way."

This house smelled like it always did everytime we came here: dirt, dust and cigarette smoke. He directed us to the basement, the wooden stairs creaking under our weght as we went down. Flipping a switch the dark space illuminated. Guns of different kinds lined the walls. Walking over to the one I knew I wanted running my hands along the muzzle.

"A sniper rifle? Why?" Jason said looking at me throwing some money on the nearby table. He must have been collecting earlier today...

"Yep. You'll find out. I need a silencer for this too have any?" I say mentally measuring the size of it.

"I may or I may not" the seller tilted his head to one side or another.

A smile crept up on my face. Why did he always try to test my nerves? "And I may or may not break your fingers one by one".

The seller looked to Jason for reassurance probably hoping that I was bluffing. Jason only shrugged leaving a small amount of the drug cut money on the table "It's best not to get on her nerves" he started rolling up his hoodie revealing a gun holding vest. He selected hand guns one after another putting them in different holders.

"Hey what about me?" I frowned slightly. I had completely forgotten to ask what exactly we were doing.

Jason looked at me up and down "You don't need any weapons".

"Why?"

"You'll find out".

I pursed my lips as he gave me the same line I gave him earlier.

"There" Jason nodded at me rolling down his hoodie covering all the guns. "I'm done. We can go".

"I'm going to need you to hold the rifle till I come back" I follow Jason out while saying something important regarding your body".

xxx

"I have to do what!" I had the slightest impulse to hit Jason square in the face. He had followed me some way down the street in his motorcycle. Now we were both sitting in my car, headlights off, staring at the club across the street as people went in the entrance glowing blue, mimicing the sign. It read: The Vine. The line the people made outside was ridiculous, only deciding to end down the street some ways.

Jason started slowly "You...," he pointed at me "...have to go in there and seduce this man". He held out a picture of a pudgy man again waving it in my face. The photo was black and white, but it was easy to tell the guy was big stuff. Business suit, body guards, expensive cars. Luckily he was rich because he was no woman would pay him mind anyway. All the women went to him... or at least tried to. Jason was looking into him while I was investigating John.

"Why do I have to?" I cross my arms leaning back in my seat. "With no guns either! Why can't we not just go in there with guns in hand and if he doesn't agree kill him".

"One,he's one of the most influential drug dealers in this city. Lots of money too. Two, having him work for us is better than killing him. Three, one of the most likely places that he sells his crap is in there. And finally, we need you to get close to him. You, my dear female partner, are perfect for that. I need you to woo him not threaten him".

"Fine then" I sigh. Glancing at him giving the best impersination of puppy dog eyes I could, "Not even a knife?"

"No" He stared at me daring. His hand went to my knee and moved up my leg. My cheeks heated when he went up my leg. "As nice as you look this..." he pulled out the knife I had strap to my leg "is a no, no".

Smiling innocently I take off the straps from my leg "I always strap one on when I have on dresses or skirts,you know that".

"Exactly why I took it away" Jason sighes putting the knife down. "I'll be right close by and if something happens I'll cover you".

"F-fine" I repeat rolling my eyes. I stared at him, I trust him. My thumb traced the warm metal of the ring he gave me. He wasn't forcing me and I could back out at any time. Both of us knew that plain and simple. Of course I already knew what I was getting into going along in this game. A small price to pay for more influence. Like hell if you could stop crime, but you can control it.

Biting the inside of my cheek I get out the car, crossing my arms "This is going to be one hell of a negotiation". I rub my leg through my dress where the knife used to be. It felt like I was naked, even with these clothes on, but not necessarily vulerable. I could handle myself just fine with out a knife, but with out it it messed with my flow. For lack of a better word.

"We're going to get in there how?" My eyes traced the line again. Still long.

"You don't know?" Jason pulled the hoodie over his head. Even with most of his face in shadow, I could still visibly see the smirk on his face. He walked behind me putting his hands on my hips. For a second, I thought that he was going to wrap me in his arms, but instead a pull there was an all too eager push. He guided me, one hand on the small of my back to the club. Instead of going to the end of the line he rushed me towards the front. "We're going straight in" he whispered in my ear.

Straight in. An answer that was completely like him. No playing around or wasting time.

The two of us must have looked weird, hence the either disgusted or annoyed look on people's faces. Him being under dressed and then the let's skip everyone in line because we can't wait here for hours thing. Either way I ignored them continued walking with my chin up.

"You know what I think? I think that this was just a chance to touch me in public" I say under my breath.

"Hmm" I didn't have to look at him to see that mischevious look in his eyes. "Maybe" he says, his hand suddenly went firm on my back. The warmth spread up my back onto my neck. "Your blushing" he mumbles.

"Oh no really? I wonder- We're trying to get in" I start out hissing at Jason and end up talking to the guard on the door. First thing I think of when I see him is bear. Jason's hand vanished from my back.

"Need to wait in line" he doesn't even look at us.

"Come on" I roll my eyes "Its hours long, besides there might be something in it for you if you let us in. I'm pretty sure we can do that for you" I tilted my head slightly.

That got his attention. Looking at me first, up and down, then Jason the guard's eyes lingering on him before coming back to me, "What about him?"

"He's my bodyguard" I smile "He's coming too". I smile the same fake smile that I give everyone when on these jobs. People become off guard if you smile, most of them at least. This guy was one of them. Stepping aside, he didn't look at us a sign to go in. Feeling something papery slip into my hands. Walking past the guard, I put the money on his chest "For all your troubles".

"He doesn't like you too much" I wink at Jason "Maybe he got a bad feeling from you" I looked down at his hoodie. The music got louder as we went in, loud to where Jason had to yell in my ear to be heard.

"Come on we gotta find him".

I nodded taking a deep breath. It was hotter than it was outside. The combination of sweat, cologne, and perfume made it worse, the air almost unbearable. People pushed up against me smothering me. And elbow here, a knee there. No wonder there were so many shoot outs and fights that broke out in clubs. I felt something hard and uncomfortable press against my back. Looking backwards Jason's abdomen pressed against my, it wasn't that hard to feel the guns under the clothes. Everyone else that bumped into us were probably too high off of whatever to even notice.

"He's over there" Jason pointed to a corner of the room. Getting on my toes to actually see what he was talking about over the dancing heads, someone pushed into nearily knocking me over if not for Jason's arm wrapping around my waist. "Careful" Jason mumbled against my ear. For this or what I was about to do? Both?

Turning to him and wrapping my arms around his neck, words were on the end of my tongue until my lips brushed against his. We both stood there like that for a few seconds, arms around each other, almost in a daze. I blinked a couple of times before remembering what I was about to say "You too". Even through the smell in the air his scent was embracing me.

He gave a deep breath dropping his arms back to his side, but I didn't want to let go. "We've got work to do" his hands slowly pulled my arms off him. His green eyes looking at me intently.

Leaning slightly away from him I turned on my heels "Yeah we do". I started walking towards the direction he had pointed. If we both kept up what we were doing we wouldn't get anything done. Tucking some of the hair that had fallen on my forehead behind my ear, I sighed getting to my target. The only thing between me and him were well, his bodyguards. Both looking as intimidating and dangerous as they were paid.

"Ummm, I was wondering if I could talk to the owner of the club" I twirled a piece of hair in between my index and middle fingers. There was no response just the two of them glaring at me like a couple of lions about to take down a gazelle.

Guess that's a no... I try again, "I mean I would be really grateful if I could talk to him, maybe?" Still no answer. My fingers twitched, my patience running low. I could really just bash these two's heads in right now. "I-"

"Let her in, let her in" a voice said as the two moved out the way for me to see. George Watman, my target. I suppressed a huge grin on my face, instead glancing at the two thugs before walking closer. He pretty much looked exactly like the picture. The only thing was that instead of the camera adding ten pounds, it subtracted. Or maybe it was the whole fact that he had a fair amount of women close to him. They were all acting strange too... One half way passed out, others for some reason were laughing liike maniacs. The one in particular I was watching was out stretched on the man himself. Okay maybe weird is an under statement. "Sorry for their rudeness, their only doing what their getting paid to do" he patted the seat on the other side of him, snapping me out of it. He laughed making his stomach jiggle.

How convenient. Pushing away my gag reflex, I smiled "And what exactly would a club owner need bodyguards for?" I sit next to him, crossing my legs.

"For a lot more than you would think" his hand went to my knee. His eyes measuring me up. Well that was fast.

Keeping my hands to my side as to not hit him "What do you mean?".

"Your kind of stiff," he said looking at my legs. Reaching over to a glass table he gave me a glass of, from the smell, champagne. The bubbles slowly went to the top, nothing seemed to be wrong with it at first glance... but from the looks of the other girls, probably shouldn't drink it. Swirling it around in my hand I raise my eyebrow waiting for Watman to continue. Examining the drink furthur.

He looked at the drink for a second then at me. Yeah, most definitely not drinking it. The smell was slightly off, like champagne, but with an undertone. "There have been rumors hanging around".

"Rumors" I tilt my head. Putting my drink down, seeing the bubbles that went up were irregular, faster than they should be. Ecstasy?

"Important people are getting picked off or recruited by some person the police are after".

More or less right... "Why would you be a target". I try to say sweetly, a fly coming in for the trap.

He shook his head as if he wanted to forget what was just said. Leaning closer to me, he practically threw the other girl to the floor, his hand went up to my thigh. If I at least had my knife I'd slit his throat right now. The smell of pig sweat and cologne leaked off of him, making me breath shallow. "Nothing for you to worry about" his eyes went to my neck. Maybe I'll just strangle him. Before he got an inch closer to me there was a bang, then another followed by two thumps. Glancing over the two bodyguards went down. Jason's head was still covered by the hood, and I couldn't see his face, or his hands for that matter now gloved and holding two guns.

Screams were heard as people ran towards the exit in a stampede of cattle fashion. It was going to be really hard to squeeze out of both the entrance and emergency exits like that. Looking back at Watman I expected him to be shocked as he looked at my partner, but instead he was... happy? What the hell?

"I've been expecting you" Watman started. I frowned as the crowd that were scrambling to get out leaving only me, Jason, Watman, the girls that were clearly out of their mind drugged, and maybe a dozen men, bouncers maybe, dressed in black. All of them guns pointed at Jason. Jason had his own pointed at Watman.

Hell no, even if they were just rumors he still hired men unless he came. Smart and cautious. Shit.

"Come here" he said to the closest man to him. Still keeping his eyes on Jason the man came, stepping over the newly dead bodies. Grabbing my arm, unexpectedly and to hard, Watman threw me at the henchmen. A barrel of a gun to my head and a firm grasp kept me still. Why the hell was I in these kind of situations? "Unless you want her pretty little brains on the wall, put the guns down. We can talk this out like gentlemen".

I roll my eyes, that ship has sailed. Even though Jason's eyes were in shadow I knew he was watching me. He didn't waver even when Watman said fine then.

Sighing I heard a light click. Twisting my body and jabbing the guy with my elbow, his grip loosened and he went down. Picking up the gun, I pushed the hair off my face. "I really don't like being man handled". Everyone was in silence: the hired guns didn't know who to shoot at, and Watson's face was exactly the expression I was looking for: his mouth hitting the floor. The second was all that Jason needed. Firing at one of the men, he went down. As if it were a wake up call everyone else started shooting. My instincts were automatic, diverting my attention from Watson, I fired at the closest person to me. As soon as they went down I grabbed onto the back of his shirt firing from behind him. They started to drop one after another. I had to force myself to breath deeper, the adrenaline making me move faster. The vest was off Jason now, too little ammunition and he must have been running out of guns. There were more guys than we'd expected.

Click. Click. I pulled the trigger twice, nothing came out. "Damn it" I huff throwing the gun. An arm went in front of my face, but before I could react it tightened around my throat. I tried punching, kicking, scratching, but the arm only got tighter. I started feeling spots, my mouth opened but nothing was coming in. Struggling even harder I started doing anything I could to tire the person out. Pushing me away from him finally, a blazing pain went through my stomach. Looking down there was a knife, launched there. I barely heard the gunshot or felt the blood that splashed on my face. My legs stopped working as the ground came closer to my face. Blinking looking up I saw Jason run to me, not really sure what he was saying. Then his face twisted in pain and he fell to the floor, blood was coming out a hole in his back. His blood.

"Jason" My voice felt so loud even though I hardly moved my lips. My eyelids went heavy all that I remember seeing was red and blue lights flashing.