‹ Prequel: I Can Save You

Glass Hearts.

Chapter Twelve.

~~6 months later~~

KELLIN'S POV**

It's been a full six months since I last spoke to Vic. I still meet up with Mike for a coffee and chat every other Friday and if one of us is busy throughout the day we meet up and have a drink at night, it's nice to still have at least one friend from that group. I've to go meet him at Starbucks in about an hour actually.
I jumped in for a quick shower, dried my hair and pulled on some dark grey skinnies, and old band shirt and a blue hoodie, after making sure I looked presentable I grabbed my phone, keys and wallet and left to go meet Mike.

I sat there waiting in a corner booth for Mikey, I hadn't ordered yet because that would be considered rude, wouldn't it? I was lost in my thoughts when I noticed someone clicking their fingers in front of my face, I jumped a little 'cause it took me by surprise. I looked up and noticed Mikey with an amused look on his face, I rolled my eyes as he sat down.
"Hey Mikey, how's it going?" I asked, politely.
We sat talking about random things and what each other have been up to over the past two weeks, just little things. It was nice until I noticed Mikey looking a little uncomfortable and staring at the doorway, I turned around to see what he was looking at my face lit up a little, when I seen Jaime looking sheepishly at us.
"Hey, Kells." He said quietly.
"Hi Jaime" I smiled and pulled him into a hug.
The three of us sat for a good few hours just catching up, with the guys talking about tour and their lives. I appreciated the fact that they left Vic out of everything. Even though I was sure I was over him, it still hurt hearing about him, and Tony and their happy little life together.
After another five minutes of talking Mikey got a text and said that him and Jaime had to go, 'band stuff' apparently.
I headed home once I'd finished my coffee.

I had to be up early for a short shift at the cafe I now work at, it was a good job and the shifts were pretty easy, plus the money was fantastic. My alarm started and I realised I probably should get up and get ready.
After I had changed I went downstairs and made some toast and coffee.
Work was pretty quiet, which isn't unusual for a Saturday morning but I preferred it when it was slightly busy it gives me stuff to do to keep busy. I sighed when I noticed the time, it's only 11am. I really thought it was a lot later than that, it means I still have 3 hours left. I huffed and got back to work.
I was clearing a table when I heard a familiar voice from behind me, I froze. I hadn't heard that voice for just over 3 years.
I turned around and who other than Matty fucking Mullins.
Thankfully I wasn't serving him, a girl named Jenna (who is really pretty and awesome) served him. I let out a sigh of relief until I felt someone tap my shoulder, I sound around and was faced with my high school bully.
"Hey, Kellin haven't seen you since high school, how's life?" He asked with a small smile.
"Good." I replied, I wasn't in the mood to talk to him.
"I guess you still hate me then?" He asked impatiently.
"Well you did make my life hell." I shot back, I really didn't have the patience for him.
"Yeah, uh sorry about that." He said quietly.
"Look, Matty. I don't want your apologies. I want you to never speak to me again." I said.
"Can't do that Kellin."
"Why not?"
"Because I want us to be friends, or at least on good terms. I'm not as bad as I used to be. I was uh, different in school."
"Whatever" I sighed and walked away.
I wasnt in the mood for him, let alone have the interest to be friends.
I looked at the clock and realised there was only 5 minutes of my shift left, I was so happy I couldn't wait till I got home!

I got home and quickly got changed into something a little more causal, I then walked to my nearest bar. After the shift I've just endured I needed a drink and badly!
I tanned the blackish coloured liquid that was in front of me. I must have downed another 3/4 drinks of the same colour. I had no idea what I was drinking but it was making me feel numb and i liked that, I liked not thinking about anything in particular.
It was karaoke night at this bar and feeling brave I decided to give it a go, I picked the song iris by the googoo dolls. It was one of my favouries.
After a few more drinks it was my turn, I got up on the stage shakily and started singing when the music played.

'And I'd give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be and I don't wanna' go home right now' I sang like my life depended on it, I wasn't sure why but singing made me feel better.

Once I was done, I was back sitting on an old bar stool drinking my sorrows away completely caught up in my own drama.
A few seconds later I felt an arm on my shoulder, I flinched thinking the worst, I turned looking at the stranger in front of me.
"Hey, I'm Jesse. You're voice is really great. I'm uh. Actually looking for a led singer for my band. There's 3 other guys, Justin, Jack and Gabe. We'd be honoured if you would join it." This Jesse guy said.
"I would love too, I'm uh. Kellin." It might of been the alcohol talking but I've always wanted to be in a band.
I drank a little more and talked with this Jesse person, I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a better day!
♠ ♠ ♠
KELLIN'S POV. Hope yous don't mind. Yayaya, sleeping with sirens is born! Can you guess where this is going?
Comment and let me know what you think!