‹ Prequel: I Can Save You

Glass Hearts.

Chapter Eighteen.

MATTY'S POV*

"Because Kellin should have picked me."
I spat the words out and that's when I realised how wrong this whole thing was, I've done some pretty horrible things in my life but this was by far the worst thing I'd done.

I hit Vic hard on the head with an old metal pipe I found lying around.
I had to fix this and fast.

I'm going to put a long story short: I love Kellin.
We were best friends in Highschool and he confided in me one day and told me that he was gay, well needless to say I was extremely happy. I'd always known I batted for the other team, except I was the only person that knew that. Anyway, a few weeks after Kellin had told me, I stupidly felt like I could come out to him and I would of, if I hadn't seen him kissing my other friend, Oli.

I was devastated and my heart was crushed, I couldn't believe my best friend was kissing another guy. I went a little over the top with my jealously, hate fueled revenge, I told everyone -and I mean everyone - that I saw Kellin sucking off some guy and that it grossed me out. After a few days I felt bad about what I had done to Kellin but he broke my heart. So I got over it.

I would be him up in school, in front of everyone just because he humiliated me, I fell in love with him and he crushed me.

As the years went on my little 'crush' turned more and more into an obsession, which I didn't realise just how bad it was until I got myself into my current situation.

I sighed and untied Vic from the chair, he was still unconscious but I'm sure he'd live. I dragged his limp body out into the open grass and left him there, obviously cleaning my fingerprints off of everything first.

MIKEY'S POV*

I was beginning to lose faith that we would find Vic.
Tony, Jaime and I had searched everywhere, we were coming to an open patch of grass which probably held a beer tent during the day.
And that's when I saw him, Vic. Lying there covered in blood, cuts and bruises. He was barley breathing and by the time I could process anything the paramedics were whisking him away.
Being Vic's only family, I rode in the ambulance with him, hot tears streaming down my face. Please wake up Vic, please.

KELLIN'S POV*

I returned to the bus after an hour of searching for Vic. I was surprised to see the rest of my band sitting there when I got back, they all looked reasonably sober as well.

"Hey, you okay?" Justin spoke.
I shook my head, something was really wrong and I feel so helpless.
"I'm tired, night." I finally spoke, I wasn't lying though I was exhausted.

My phone started ringing in my pocket and I instantly knew something was wrong.
"Hello?" I answered with a shaky voice.
"Kells, its Mikey.." He sounded like he'd been sobbing, "uh, I'm in an ambulance with Vic right now, you should probably get to the hospital. I'm so sorry dude."
I couldn't speak, I was frozen in shock.
After a few seconds I heard the familiar click of Mikey hanging up.
I had to get to Vic and fast, I practically sprinted off the bus and up the long road to where the hospital was, luckily it wasn't too far away.

I pushed past the reception doors and into a big, white waiting room area. Mikey was sitting on a chair with his head in his hands. I ran up and flung my arm around his shoulder, this is horrible for me to go through so I can't even imagine what Mikey's feeling.

After what seemed like a lifetime a small, blonde nurse came into the waiting room.
"Mr. Fuentes?" She asked as she looked from me to Mikey.
"That's me." Mikey spoke, his voice dull and lifeless.
"There's been a complication with your brother and we need to take him down to surgery right away. " she spoke with sympathy in her voice.
Mikey just nodded, unable to muster up a reply.
"I-is he going to be, um, okay?" I asked, my voice breaking like hell.
"We're not sure, he's in pretty bad condition. But he's in safe hands and we will do our best. I'm so sorry."

She left us sitting there, tears rolling down each of our cheeks.
I will get to the bottom of this and when I find the bastard that hospitalized my boyfriend, I will put him straight in the morgue.
♠ ♠ ♠
0o0o0o.