Status: Finished.

Xious

The Execution

The Majesty Such-and-Such and Lady Valeriana were waiting on the podium, not really liking that they would have to see the execution of someone. The Bandit King was behind the death mask again as they walked him up to the ring, where another person, a fighter, was sharpening his swored for the King's final scene. He smirked, laught at this so called Bandit King.

The Bandit King's hands were chained to a little piece of metal in the ground, him standing with his head down. It would look, to a bystander, that this guy hadn't slept a long time. But everyone's mask hid something. As did this. The Fighter, a man named Break, got up and seized his sword. This was it, the final moment for the Bandit King.

Break ran at the Bandit King, his sword pointed like a lance on a white charger. Yet this kind of aggression didn't make the Bandit King flinch or move.

This is too easy. Break thought as he was about to ram the sword into the guy of this short guy. He slashed and cut into his side, watching him fall to that side. He reached down at the mask to see the look of death in his victim's eyes. His hand crunched the mask, making it splinter and crack like a fissure.

"Let's see what the Bandit King really thinks of all this." He removed the mask and everyone gasped. Behind that mask, was the squire boy. "WHERE IS HE?!"

Just then, the squire went to Lady Valeriana, turned her around, removed her mask and kissed her. The shock almost made her pass out. He handed her his mask and ran off, the Vintage Smile on his waist. The guards were in shock as well, but were soon in pursuit, but he was long gone with a Smile. Lady Valeriana's eyes looked down at the mask, a small note tucked inside.

I might be just a boy to you, but to the rest of the world,
I am the Great Bandit King."


Lady Valeriana mouthed the words and watched as a dark figure of Ayddin vanished into the sunset.

"The Bandit King." She was in such a daze for the rest of the evening, the squire explaining how the bandit made the switch when he went to get him for the fight. Valeriana didn't really expect more as she trudged out of the court and to bed, the image of the young boy in her mind.

Her dreams lingered back to her dance iwht him, and one final promise. His smile grew in her sleep, making her want to know why. But the answer was clear, he had his own life. A knight, in a world full of thieves.