I'm Fine.

Chapter 4

Another long day at school happened today, even though we had a half a day because it was the last day of school. The periods dragged ass and now I'm home, alone in my room, listening to mellow music and looking through an art magazine. This is exactly what I needed. Maybe everything that I say, is stupid and maybe I maybe am beautiful in my own way. Maybe Dane was right..

As I'm looking through the magazine, the song changes to When I Look at You by Miley Cyrus. I loved this song, because it was the song me and my father would practice to while playing the piano and guitar.

Thank God today was the last day of school. Summer is going to be horrible! The weather forecast said that this is going to be one of the hottest summers to ever happen in L.A. Maybe I'll just stay inside the whole summer. No! I can't do that...Britney would kill me.

I decided to put some shorts on, my new Vans, and my long sleeve black shirt with my jean jacket that has the sleeves cut off. I needed a walk.

"Where are you going?" My mother asks.

"To take a walk." I say grabbing my bag.

"Honey, it's 8:30. It's too late for you to be walking alone, can't you just stay here?" She says.

"Mom, I'll be fine." I say.

She looks at me with worried eyes. "Just be back before ten, please." She says. I nod at her and walk out the door.

***

The walk was okay. It's already 9:15 and I don't even know where I am. I kicked a pebble for a while, and eventually left it alone, because that's what most people do. They kick you around, bully you, treat you like shit, pretend to be there for you when they're actually not and then leave you alone. Like you were never there.
As I walk more down the street, I notice a familiar head with dirty blond locks. He has a cigarette in his mouth and his eyes locked on to mine. I could literally feel my heart pumping at a thousand miles per hour. He takes the cigarette out of his mouth and smiles at me.

"Are you stalking me?" He asks. I laugh and shake my head. "Logan, right?" He asks. I nod this time.

"Dane, right?" I ask sarcastically. He takes a drag out of his cigarettes and blows the air out smoothly.

"In the flesh." He says. "So what brings you here?" He asks.

"Why so many questions?" I ask looking into those baby blue eyes.

"Ah, a sarcastic girl huh? I like you already." He says. I chuckle at his words. He said he likes me! Was he just playing around? Maybe he is, I mean every girl at school wants him.

"C'mon, let's take a walk." He says as he tosses his cigarette to the side.

***

"So you're telling me that you don't know how to ride a bike?" He asks surprisingly. I'm surprised he's talking to me since he goes mute when people ask him questions.

I laugh before I can say anything, "Yes! I was never taught how to! Not that I need to, I'm getting my car soon." I say.

"I'm teaching you how to ride a bike. That's actually funny and sad at the same time!" He says. I laugh and hit his arm gently.

"Logan, it's like 99 degrees outside and you're wearing a long sleeve? Jesus, you're making me hot!" He says.

"I'm use to it anyways. It's fine." I say quietly.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he stops walking. That's when it hits me. All the feelings I've held inside, and all the tension, just bursts out. I cry and cry and cry in front of Dane! He hugs me as I cry onto his shirt. "No." I whisper as I answer his question.

After about 5 minutes of crying on his shirt, I lift my head up and see the tear stains on his shirt.

"I'm sorry. Oh gosh, this is embarrassing." I say as I look down to the ground in embarrassment.

He chuckles. "It's okay." He says as he pulls me into another hug. I've never felt so safe and okay with someone before. I've never felt like everything was going to be perfectly fine, but when Dane hugged me it felt...real.

As I pull away slowly, I check the time on my phone. 9:55. I needed to get home!

"I need to get home." I say softly. He nods and starts to walk the opposite way.

"C'mon, I'll walk you." He says.

"You don't have to." I say cleaning the bottom of my eyes with my shirt.

"But I want to. Plus, it's almost 10:00 at night, I'm not letting you walk alone." He says with a serious tone in his voice. I give him a small smile and start walking.

***

"Thanks for walking me home." I say with sigh.

"No problem. This is where you live then huh?" He asks with a laugh.

"Yeah. You're not going to stalk me now are you?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Ah, I'll try not to, but hopefully I won't have to do that this summer, because I want to see you more." He says with laugh as his eyes squint and his smile is bright. My face goes red and I smiled. Really smiled.

"Good. I'll see you around then?" I say before opening my front door.

"See you around." He says.

I walk into the house as I close the front door. My mother has a upset look on her face. It was 10:15 and my dinner was on the table.

"I told you before 10 Logan." She says.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just walked farther then I planned. I'm sorry mom." I say kissing her cheek.

"Just eat your dinner." She says with a chuckle.

"Uh, I'm not that hungry." I say.

"Logan. Please just eat it." She says with a concerned face.

Why? It's going straight into the toilet in an hour? I can already feel my throat burning just from the thought of it.

"Fine." I say.

Dane, please come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys are liking it so far.
Don't forget to comment, subscribe and recommend c: