Delirium

Going Through The Motions

She faked it, and she faked it good. She even faked getting better. All the time she was itching for her independence, it had been too long since she'd been able to turn off her brain. She needed something to feed her inner addict.

After a very positive comeback (as far as he could tell), Lena was strong enough to go about several normal daily activities. Johnny thought carefully and called up Bam to put off his visit. She offered to do the grocery shopping from a place around the corner. She wrote up a list of her favourite things to eat and armed with a wad of cash she headed out.

Five hours later she returned with no bags and cashless, and completely out of it.

Johnny had to wonder how someone could come to a new neighbourhood in a brand new country and score a drop so quickly. He was beyond anger at this point, and just went through the motions of her comedown with her.

When she’d finally fallen into a fitful sleep, he went about his home, hiding any spare cash and locking all the doors and windows whilst on the phone, trying to get hold of the only friend he had who knew what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: I'm a Mess, Ed Sheeran (2014)

Thank you to those lovelies who responded so kindly to my message about this story. I'm working in the asshole of nowhere so it's been a bit of a nightmare to update, but I promise I'm not quitting this.

Very short chapter but it felt appropriate.
More to come!

Alice xxx