Love Me Again

Ten;

I have my note written out, and ready for whenever I need it, which might be sooner rather than later. Rydel has come back to the room, and I'm going to tell her my plan. I don't know how she'll take it, but I hope she understands.
"So everyone is going out to dinner tonight, I want you to come, and I won't take no for an answer." She says as she sits cross-legged in front of me.
"Fine, I'll go."
"Good! You need to get out."
"I know." I look down at my hands for a moment. "I need to talk to you about something."
"What is it?" She asks a little nervously.
"I think I'm going to head home."
"What? Why? When? You can't!"
"I think it'll be better for everyone if I do."
"Not for me."
"Girl, you've been on tours without me before. You'll be fine, you always have. And I'm always a phone call or a text away, just like I always was."
"But why?"
"Well I'm going to try and talk to Riker, since he won't talk to me. It doesn't hurt to try. And if he won't listen to me," I pick up the note that I put on the nightstand next to me. "I wrote this for him, explaining everything. Including why I'm leaving."
"When are you going to talk to him?"
"I don't know yet. I want to talk to him alone, but it'll be hard to."
"You're leaving even if you talk to him?"
"Yeah. I want to give him his space."
"So when are you leaving?"
"I'm thinking after the Philly show. I can have my dad pick me up, since he's only an hour away."
"That's what? In four days?"
"Just about."
"Alright. Well, I'm not going to try and talk you into staying, because I know as soon as you have your mind made up about something, you won't change it."
"Trust me, it'll be better for me if I do." Rydel gives me a hug as reassurance.
"Well, if you are leaving, you are definitely going to dinner with us all tonight. You already said you would. And when you do leave, you're going to text me every day."
"I don't know about every day."
"Every. Day." She says sternly.
"Okay, fine. I will."

*Later that night*
We were back in our rooms after dinner. It was really awkward for me, because I hadn't been around everyone all at once since everything. I didn't pay attention to any of the conversation going on at the table, not that anyone was talking to me anyway. My mind was scattered with different ideas of how to get Riker alone so I could talk to him, along with how it would play out if I even did get him alone. None of the ideas ended well.
"So did you figure out when you're going to talk to him?" Rydel asks as she sits on her bed.
"I was thinking about that all throughout dinner, but I can't think of any way to get him alone."
"Well I could tell him I need to talk to him, and then leave you two alone?"
"I think he would catch onto that though. If you tell him to come here, he won't because of me."
"You don't know that."
"I'm pretty sure he'd say no, or tell you to go to his room."
"Fine. I'll call him and tell him to come here." She picks up her phone and dials his number before I could say a word. She had it on speaker.
"Hello?" He answers after three rings.
"Hey, I need to talk to you."
"Okay, what is it?"
"Well I'd rather do it in person, so can you come to my room?"
"Why can't you come to mine?" I gave her the "I told you so" look.
"It's easier for you to come here."
"It's the same for you too."
"Fine, nevermind. I'll talk to you tomorrow." And she hung up. I just stared at her. "Shut up."
"I wasn't going to say anything." I say with a smile. The first smile to appear on my face in days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback ?!? :)