Status: Active

The Fear of Falling Apart

Jack Skellington

Image

"I don't want to go to a movie." Nicole pouted, she stopped for a second to readjust Amelia who was riding on her back. "I wanted to sleep."

"You promised Amelia." Jessica reminded her.

"We could have gone to Chuckie Cheese." Amelia pouted in response.

"I wanna go to Chuckie Cheese." Nicole responded, her pout matching Amelia's. "Why wasn't I invited?"

"Because Amelia is referring to a parent or well uncle of one of the kids in my class who keeps asking me out."

Nicole let out an exaggerated gasp. "A guy asked you out Jessica? You said yes didn't you?"

"I told him no," Jessica answered "repeatedly."

"Why the hell did you say no?"

"Because I don't know the guy." Jessica answered "What of he is a creep."

"I promise I'm not."

Nicole and Jessica turned quickly to see three guys standing by the concession stand.

"BDen!" Amelia yelled excitedly.

"Are you following me?" Jessica growled.

"No," Brendon grinned, "William is following Nicole."

Nicole frowned and looked at the tallest of the boys.

"How do you-"

"I interviewed them for an article." Nicole dead panned. "Jack Skellington here has been trying to stalk me ever since. Angela told me you stopped by the office trying to find me. She also told me you asked for my number and what hospital I work at. If you are trying to win the creepy award, you are about there."

"I just want you to go get coffee with me." William pouted.

"I don't like coffee." Nicole growled.

"We really had no idea you guys would here." Brendon sighed "Gabe wanted to go a movie, not us."

"Do you want to see Cloudy with A Chance spaghetti two with us?" Amelia asked.

Four people spoke at once.

Jessica and Nicole quickly answering for the boys that no they were going to see something else. At the same moment William and Brendon had both answered sure.

Gabe glared at everyone "I wanted to see Godzilla."

"Then the three of you can go see Godzilla." Nicole answered. "I don't enjoy being stalked guys."

"I came to the movies with no idea that you were here." William answered placing one hand over his chest and the other up in front of him. "On my honor."

"Your heart is on the other side dumbass." Nicole growled.

William just grinned at her.

"Come on, Amelia." Nicole added, "I want sour patch kids."

"I wanna watch the movie with BDen and Jack Skellington." Amelia answered with a pout.

Nicole frowned looked back towards the boys "Yeah, well they already told Gabe they would see a different movie with him."

"We could watch the lizard movie." Amelia answered "I'm not scared."

"No way." Jessica sighed. "Cool already bought our tickets and you are way to young to see that movie."

"Mom."

"Don't you even think of using that whiny tone with me." Jessica growled, giving her daughter a mom look.

"How about Cool comes and watches Godzilla with us and Brendon can watch Cloudy with you Amelia?" William grinned.

Amelia pouted. "Cool always goes to the movies with me."

"See it won't work." Nicole forced a sweet smile "So go stalk someone else for a few hours."

"How about the six of us go get something to eat after the movies get over?" Brendon suggested "We could meets at Tom's down the street at around eight? Both out movies should be done by then."

"How about Jessica goes and I'll take Amelia home." Nicole countered, giving William an uneasy look.

"I wanna go to Tom's." Amelia protested.

"Alright," Nicole amended "Amelia and Jessica can go to dinner and I will go home and sleep."

"You always spend Fridays with us." Amelia pouted, resting her head on top of Nicole's "You'll break my heart of we don't all go to dinner after the movie."

Nicole closed her eyes and let out a sigh before looking at Jessica. Jessica also was wearing a look of defeat on her face. Nicole tried one last time to get out of being forced into a date.

"How about you, me and your mom go out for ice cream instead?" She asked, looking up at Amelia.

"Couldn't BDen, Jack and Gabe just get ice cream with us." Amelia asked, frowning.

"My name is William, sweetheart." William grinned.

"Cool said your name is Jack, so that's your name." Amelia answered. Sticking her tongue out at him.

"Amelia." Jessica and Nicole scolded.

"Sorry." She pouted.

"So Tom's at eight?" Brendon smiled.

"I guess." Nicole growled, before getting in line for the concession stand.

"Bye BDen, bye Jack, bye Gabe." Amelia smiled as the three boys away to their movie theatre.

"You did that on purpose." Nicole accused the small child still sitting on her shoulders.

"Did what?" Amelia grinned. "You have to find as daddy too so you can have kids for me to play with."

Nicole was dumbstruck and Jessica started laughing.

"I what?" She growled.