Status: Active

The Fear of Falling Apart

Don't Fight

"We are still going to Tom's?" Cole whispered, as the credits started playing on the screen.

"You said we could!" Amelia burst out.

Nicole sighed, thinking she should have whispered a little bit quieter.

"I assume we are." Jessica answered, "Amelia will be very upset with us if we don't."

Nicole rolled her eyes before helping Jessica pick up all the container of soda and popcorn. As soon as they threw away the containers Amelia was once again on Nicole's shoulders.

"Mommy can I get a milkshake?" Amelia asked, resting her cheek against the top of Nicole head.

"It's kinda late, Sweetie." Jessica frowned as the exited the movie theater. "We should be going straight home, it is already your bed time."

"But you told BDen and Jack that we would have a quick dinner with them." Amelia frowned.

"Which is exactly where we are headed." Nicole sighed "It is only a few blocks away, Amelia."

Amelia rested her cheek back on Nicole's head and pouted. It was only a few more minutes until the reached the small diner and Amelia instantly perked up. Nicole had to set Amelia back down on her feet to keep from kicking Nicole's collar bones.

"BDen! BDen!" Amelia yelled, running into the diner ahead of mom and Nicole.

Amelia was sitting right to Brendon in a heart beat and smiling at him.

"Hello, Amelia." He smiled. "I ordered you some apple juice. I hope that is okay."

"Yeah." Amelia smiled. "My mom said I can't have a milkshake right before bed, so Apple juice is good."

"No milkshake before bed?" William asked with a grin. "That is so cruel."

Amelia frowned at William for a moment before grinning at her mom. "I changed my mind, mom."

"About what sweetie?" Jessica frowned, making Brendon scoot over so she could sit next to Amelia.

"I want Jack to me my new daddy instead of BDen. He will let me stay up late and have milkshakes." Amelia answered simply.

Jessica's face turned bright red in embarrassment. She quickly hid her face in her hands and let out a groan. Nicole covered her mouth trying not to laugh at her friend.

"And you can marry BDen cool." Amelia added.

Nicole smiled at Amelia as she took the only seat in the booth left, next to William. "Thank you for trying to play match marker, Amelia. I however, do not date or wish to marry a boy in a band."

"You've broken my heart." Brendon chuckled a fake wounded expression as he place his hand over his heart.

"Fine then. BDen can be my boyfriend then." She grinned and quickly grab onto his arm.

Brendon laughed "I think I am a little old for you, Amelia. Besides I really like your mom and I never said I wouldn't let you stay up late and drink milkshakes."

Amelia pursed her lips and Jessica let our another embarrassed groan.

"Can we please stop talking about this?" She begged still hiding her face in her arms.

"Sure." William grinned. "Instead we should talk about how wonderful it is dating guys in bands."

"Would you have much experience with that, Beckett?" Nicole growled, glaring at him.

William frowned back "No."

"Don't fight." Amelia pouted "You two have to get married and have kids so I can have cousins."

"What do think, Nicole?" William laughed "The four year old thinks we should have children together? I'm free for the next couple months."

It was Nicole's turn to have her face turn red in embarrassment. She quickly turned her face away from William so he couldn't see.

"Are you blushing?" He grinned.

"No!" Nicole growled a little too loud. "Switch seats with Gabe! Now!"

"I am not getting in the middle of that." Gabe laughed, holding his out in front of him as if to ward off Nicole's wrath.

"Come on, Sweet heart," William grinned and wrapped his arm around Nicole's shoulders. "Amelia thinks we would be great together and children know everything about this sort of thing. Besides if you don't marry me and have my children, you'll break her heart and mine."

"Move your arm or loose it." Nicole snapped in a low growl.

William looked at her for a moment before removing his arm from her, not feeling it was worth the risk if she wasn't joking.

"Are you all ready to order?" the waitress asked, as she set down drinks for everyone.

Amelia instantly began drinking her apple juice and Nicole looked at the brown drink in front of her suspiciously.

"It's just coke." Brendon laughed, before ordering his food.

The waitress went around the table until everyone had ordered. It had taken a little longer with Amelia because she sure she could finish something off the adult menu and Jessica did not believe her. The argument had ended when Brendon had told Amelia that he wished he could eat off the kids menu because he loved mac and cheese. Amelia had looked at him for a moment before announcing that she wanted mac and cheese off the kids menu.

"You are very good with children." Nicole smiled, "Isn't he Jessica?"

Jessica glared at her friend as her cheekbones lightly pinked with a slight blush. "Don't even start with me." she growled at her friend. "And what are you smirking at?" she asked looking at Brendon.

He held back a smile. "Nothing at all."

"Would you like to go to a movie tomorrow?" William asked, leaning into Nicole with his shoulder a little.

"I'm working." she answered stiffly.

"I thought you had tomorrow night off." Jessica answered with a smile.

Nicole frowned "I picked up an extra shift."

"You shouldn't work so much." William frowned, "You are going to make yourself sick."

"I don't believe," Nicole snapped "That it is any of your business what I do. Stalkers don't get to talk to people about their life decisions."

"Cool." Amelia pouted "Why are you being so mean?"

Nicole held back a sigh and ran her fingers through her hair. "I'm not trying to be, sweet heart. I'm just really tired and cranky."

"Maybe you should go home and get some sleep." Amelia answered pursing her lips again.

"Maybe I will." Nicole sighed, standing up and placing her keys on the table next to Jessica. "I'll take a cab and pick up my car tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" Jessica frowned, taking the car keys.

"Yeah." She sighed.

"Wait." William stood up as well "I'll drive you home."

Nicole glared daggers at him.

William let out a sigh "Please? Let me make it up to you for being creepy stalky and pushy."

"Quite a list of charming traits there." Nicole growled "No wonder you have fan girls drooling at your feet."

"Nicole," Jessica growled "He is trying to be nice."

Nicole let out a sigh "Alright bean pole lets go."

"It is very charming how you always call me names." William smiled.

"Yeah, yeah." Nicole leaned past Jessica and kissed the top of Amelia head. "Goodnight kid."

"Night Cool!"

The four of them watched as Nicole and William left the diner. William held the door open for her and earned himself a half hearted punch to the arm.

"Mommy?" Amelia asked, pushing some of her Mac and cheese around with her fork.

"Yes honey?"

"Can I have a friend over tomorrow after preschool?"

Jessica thought about it for a moment before shrugging. "I don't see why not as long as it is okay with their parents. Who did you want to have over?"

"Emily and BDen. You promised we could all go to Chuckie Cheese."

Brendon couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"Jeeze." Gabe grinned "That kid is crafty and determined."