Status: Update when I can

Red Is for Traitor

It was a time of peace and secret war. For generations there had been a steady decline of wolves both were and pure. Humans feared and hunted them even when a pack posed no threat. Select families honed their hunting skills for wolves alone. Other families went about their business blind to the atrocities that were taking place.
Arawn and Macha were too young to know the trouble that was brewing and eventually it would plague them. The twins found solace and peace in the forest their grandmother lived in and would visit her often. They learned to care for the forest and its inhabitants for their grandmother taught them that all life was sacred. Only kill when necessary and when you must respect the dead. No matter human, animal, insect, or plant respect it. Their grandmother's lessons would soon become at odds with the villagers around them. More specifically their new step-father who hated the creatures that howled at the moon and called the forest home.
A day would come where they would leave the forest they loved and be introduced to a world of metal and smog. One would make an attempt to adjust while the other would become more isolated and eventually branded a traitor. Their only light would come when they are called back to the forest they called a second home to care for their ailing grandmother. Going back was their choice but what followed would test their core belief more so than moving to the city.

Is one life more sacred than another? Is protecting a wolf's life betraying human kind? The twins will have to decide if what they believe in is worth fighting for.