My First Kiss Went a Little Like This

My First Kiss Went A Little Like This

My name is Valerie, I am 20 years old, a college student, and to most people's surprise I have yet to have kissed or dated anyone. I'm a pretty average looking person with brown/red hair, light brown eyes, and slightly tanned skin. I'm pretty thin, even though I'm not one to be seen working out. I'm also quite short for my age, standing at about 5'2. It's finally summer vacation, and I get to go back home to Forks, Pennsylvania. I was excited to see my family and friends, and of course get my much needed relaxation time.

It has been a week since I arrived home, and I have been busy spending time with family and friends left and right. Not much time for myself, although I don't really mind too much. But I was anticipating having my really close friend, Dean, come over today. It has been a little bit over a year since I have seen him. He's been really busy with his job as a singer and I have been in Florida for school.

We have been best friends since we were little, and have always been there for each other. Me for his breakups and often tough career choice, and him for my overprotective father and stress about school. Now, I have been asked many times why we haven't dated. And to put it simply, he was like my brother and he was my best friend. Even though I have always found him to be attractive, I did not see him that way. And well, he didn't seem to show any signs of liking me that way either. With all his girlfriends and what not.

But something about him today had changed. The second he walked in, my heart was beating. I just ignored it, thinking I was just excited to see him after so long. But then I kept looking at him, like really looking at him. His dark brown/black short and spiky hair. His hazel eyes. His slightly tanned skin and firm but lean build. His slight 5 o'clock shadow. And his gorgeous smile. I didn't even realize that he kept calling my name.

"Valerie! Earth to Val! Hello?!" Dean was waving his arms in my face. I shook my head and finally looked at him.

"Dean!! It's so great to see you! I'm soo sorry, I dunno why I spaced out.." I hugged him tightly and took a deep breath. I hope he didn't notice my awkward staring..

We decided to go hang out in my room, catching up on everything that has been happening in our lives this past year. Both of us seemed to have some eventful times. I was loving this time with him, it was so amazing seeing him again. And I could just stare and listen to him all day--Wait. I did not just think that! I blushed, and looked down hoping Dean wouldn't notice.

"Val? You okay there??" Dean sounded genuinely concerned and I just looked up and smiled. Hoping my blush had gone away.

"Yeah, I just really missed this. And you of course." He smiled and we hugged again.

"Me too Val. It's been too long, I haven't been able to tease you or play any pranks on you! You better watch out this summer!" I laughed, Dean was always teasing me and pulling weird pranks.

Then it started. Dean was just looking at me, intensely. I had no clue what was going on in his head and could only look at him back questioningly.

"I want to ask you something." That's weird, he is usually upfront and just asks without warning. Did something bad happen? He paused, and I got fidgety.

"Dean? Come on, don't beat around the bush. What is it?" He was making me really nervous. Then he sighed, as if preparing himself. What is going on with him?

"Okay...Um.." Dean laughed awkwardly and I thought I saw his cheeks turn slightly pink. I must've imagined it. I stared at him intently, awaiting his question. "Do you want to kiss?"

I was floored. And just sat there staring at him. No one has ever asked me this before. What? Am I dreaming? Wake up Valerie! But I knew this wasn't a dream. He was really asking me, and now it was his turn to stare intently. I blushed bright red, which there's no doubt he noticed.

I started laughing nervously. "I don't know. I've never done it before..." I looked down. That was a horrible answer.. Of course I want to. But I don't know how..

"I know. I'll show you." My eyes widened. That was not what I expected. I looked at him and his eyes showed that he was serious about this.

I began playing with my hair, a sure sign that I'm nervous. "...Okay." I was shocked that even came out. I was so sure my words would get caught in my throat. "But where?" Who asks that?

He laughed at me, and I blushed again. Damnit. "Why not here?" I looked at him again.

"I..I don't think I can do this.." What am I thinking? I can't kiss him. I'll do it wrong.

"What? Why not?" Dean looked kind of hurt, and my heart sunk a bit. Stop Valerie!

"Well.. I've never done this before. I don't know what to do." I felt embarrassed.

"Just close your eyes." I did, but then all these thoughts came to my head again. And they shot right open. "What's wrong?"

"I'm going to suck. I know it.." My stomach was doing somersaults.

With a hint of a smile he said, "Relax. Breathe and just close your eyes." I put my head down and closed my eyes.

Next thing I know, I feel his fingers on my chin lifting my head up slowly. And then he kissed me.

My heart was racing. Oh my god. What do I do? He's really kissing me! Dean is kissing me! I tried to just follow what he did. And after what felt like an eternity, he pulled away.

He rested his forehead on mine. "Liar." I blushed and he smirked.

"What? Why am I a liar??" There he goes with his teasing!

"You said you were going to suck at it. But you didn't." Now I was really embarrassed. He's got to be kidding. All I did was follow him!

We both started laughing and blushing. My first kiss. With Dean. And lets just say it wasn't our last
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was a pretty spur of the moment, inspired by a close friends actual story. And I haven't been on here in a long while. I miss writing!

Hope everyone enjoys this cute story as much as I enjoyed writing it :)