Wildfire

Oh, Hell

Reid had been so caught up in the file that he was studying that he didn’t notice what Morgan was doing in the desk next to him, until the carefully folded paper football was flying through the air and hit his right cheek. He couldn’t stop staring at the little triangle that had fallen into his lap until Morgan and Emily’s snickering snapped him out of it.

“Hey, pretty boy. You a little distracted today?” Morgan laughed.

“Oh, come on, Derek. Be nice to him,” Emily said, trying and failing horribly to hide her smile.

“Okay, okay. I’ll behave.”

Just then Penelope Garcia walked into the bullpen, catching the tail end of their conversation. She sauntered over to Morgan to stand behind his chair and slid a hand over his shoulder and whisper in his ear.

“I wasn’t aware you knew how to do that, sugar,” she purred.

Reid rolled his eyes and turned back to the case file in his hands, not even wanting to comprehend their relationship or think about how long those two would dance around each other. Nearly six years, and they still acted like it was nothing.

The team was feeling restless, something he knew very well. It had been a few days and the BAU had yet to get a case, so the time was spent doing paperwork or hanging around. After the first day Reid had grown bored and started to look through old case files that had gone cold months or years ago, hopefully to occupy his mind and possibly spot something new.

And to distract himself from going and seeing Jasmine again. He was trying to ignore the urge he was getting, no, the craving for her as best as he could, but he was terrified it wasn’t working.

“How about we call it a night and go get a drink? I don’t know about you guys but I’m going mad being cooped up in this office,” Morgan finally groaned, tossing his pen down onto his desk.

There murmurs of agreement and Emily went off to ask Hotch, Rossi, and JJ if they were going to come along.

“Kid, you in?”

“Huh?” Reid asked, looking up from his papers distractedly. “Oh, yeah, sure.”

About fifteen minutes later, they were leaving the building in their respective cars, either going straight to the club or going home to change. Reid didn’t bother with going back to his apartment, wanting to avoid the empty, lonely rooms as much as possible. He simply grabbed a different button down shirt from the go bag in his trunk and changed into it in his car.

He drove to the club, found a seat at the bar and waited for everyone to join him. Reid figured they’d all want to get out of their stuffy work clothes and into something more appropriate for the sex-filled club atmosphere, but he didn’t care. He wasn’t here to find somebody for the night and was just more interested in downing Jack Daniels, denying the fact that it was his drink of choice because it reminded him of her.

Of course his brooding was interrupted by the one person who had no right in being there. It was Thursday, she should be back at her hospital saving lives, not standing at the other side of the bar, smiling flirtatiously at the cute bartender as he poured her a drink.

Reid watched Jasmine laughing and chatting, watched the blonde-haired man reach forward and curl a dark lock of her hair around one finger. In that moment, he saw red, because only Spencer should be touching that hair, Spencer should be threading his fingers through the black curls and yanking her forward for a crushing kiss that dominated her mouth and senses.

She giggled playfully, slapping the bartender’s hand away with a smirk. Even though it was an obvious rejection of the man’s advances, Reid wanted to stomp over there, flash his FBI badge in a show of intimidation and drag her away. But then she stepped away from the bar without even noticing the tall man at the end of the bar, watching her intently. It felt like his whole world just cracked in two because Jasmine didn’t look at him.

Oh, hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, pretty much just had to throw a little Morgan and Garcia moment in there because it's SO OBVIOUS they belong together. But whatevs.
Probs some smutty goodness next chapter. Yum, yum.

Thanks for the comments Battery After., AcidStamps, and April Rose! You guys rock. :)

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend. Love CM.
-Beki