Love Like Blood

Welcome To The Fiend Club

You think you see it all in life, and then BAM! smacked in the face, and the things that you thought you'd never see simply reply with, "Hello, Motherfucker!" Jesus Christ. I never thought I'd be in a position where I was scared of someone I trusted, but felt so safe in their arms.

I awoke in a room that was dimly lit by candles, the room was framed by dark purple walls with white furniture. Myself, in a black nightgown, accented like I was Morticia Addams. Immediately I thought of her beautiful relationship with Gomez, and how that could be Chris and myself. Then I realized I wasn't wearing this when I arrived, and it wasn't dark outside when we arrived. Panic mode kicked in fully.

I got up and thought I'm already in a shitty situation, I can't be more fucked than I already am.

I seen that the door that leads out of the room was right next to the vanity by the bed I had awoken from. My anxiety has reached an all time high and I don't think it's going to slow down anytime soon. I went to turn the door knob when someone was already pushing the door open. I jumped back about 5 feet and noticed that it was a guy that was sort of my height, maybe a tad taller. He had large plugs, black eyeliner that looked really smoky and one white contact lens, while his other eye was blood red. I opened my mouth to speak, but he spoke for me.

"The names, Balz. Josh Balz... and you're Scarlett, I presume?"

I just shook my head yes because that's all I could say at the moment. Balz stared into my eyes like he was searching for something but couldn't find what he was looking for.

"Okay, follow me."

Josh and I walked down the beautifully designed hallways from earlier, and I figured out that I was only about 10 feet from where I blacked out. Josh opened the large intricately designed doors and showed me the room that I originally seen when I first came here. Except--it wasn't covered in blood. It was an all white living room with black couches everywhere. Sitting before us were 4 other guys and Chris, all scrolling through their phones. But apparently at the site of me, they all looked up and all of their jaws dropped to the floor.

"Uhh guys... you're going to catch flies in your mouth if you keep staring at me like that..."

Chris just chuckled and then put on a serious face, he walked up to me and put his arms at my waist. I wasn't quite understanding of why, but I just let him.

"So, Scar... are you feeling any different? Like are you feeling strange or tired?" Chris asked me, I kind of just looked at him like he was crazy. What the fuck was he on about?

"Uhm, no. I don't feel any different. I just remember passing out and waking up in the room..."

He looked at me surprised. What am I missing?

One of the guys with longer hair and spider bites stood up and walked over to Chris, Balz, and myself.

"The names Ricky. And you seriously don't remember what happened after Chris opened the door?"

I just looked at him strangely," uhm, no... nothing..."

He looked flabbergasted. He then went on to his tiptoes and whispered in Chris' ear.

"I'm going out for a cigarette... care to join me, Scarlett?"

"Uhm sure..." was all I could've honestly said to Ricky. I was really scared with what happened.

Ricky took my hand and I looked back at Chris. Chris gave me a worried smile and shooed me away with his hands. Ricky pulled me through the long hallways and onto the porch. He handed me a Marlboro and I gladly took it. After he lit his cigarette, he handed me the lighter. With shaky hands I lit my cigarette and took a ridiculously long pull from it. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I was going to find out.

"Ricky... uhm what happened after I blacked out?"

He turned to me and sat down on the railing of the porch. He took another pull from his cigarette and decided to finally speak," Scarlett... is your mother still around? or did she leave when you were younger?..."

I got a little emotional but decided to ignore those feelings, "Yeah, she did actually. Why?"

A sinister chuckle came from him, " That only means one thing. Okay, so you know like the ancient legends that follow Werewolves, Vampires and Ghost, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Okay, so in our reality, half of that bullshit is true. For vampires in particular, if there is a child born into the human world, where one of her parents is of full Vampire lineage and the other parent is completely Human, they can create a child. Now, this is entirely rare, because nine times out of ten, the mother or father is killed before the child is five years old. This only happens with royal lineages and so the child is usually brought up as fully human in a religious household. You, my darling are from a very long line of full-blooded, blood-lusting, sex-crazed royalty. Vampire royalty."

"You've got to be shitty me right now, Ricky? What kind of bullshit are you playing at?"

"I'm so serious, Scarlett. Do you have a special birthmark on your right hip that looks like a tattoo but isn't?"

"Uhm... yeah... ARE YOU THE ONE THAT FUCKING DRESSED ME?!"

"NO! NO! NO! Chris did, he'd kill any of us if we even thought of something like that. But all I'm saying is that is something that is the major clue. Gladly for you my darling is that Chris has the same birthmark. Proving that you two are royalty and are already mated together."

"I don't believe you, Ricky! This is some shit you read in fanfiction stories online. This isn't true and you're just fucking with my head."

I got up and stormed off the porch, back inside the toasty manor. I can't believe he'd try to play some shit like that with me. What the fuck does he think? I'm stupid? I'm some dumbass that's going to believe that shit. Fuck no. By the time I got to the end of the hallway, Chris was already waiting there for me. Shirt off and it took me by surprise.

"Chris? What are you doing?"

"Look at my right hip, Scar..."

There it was. A heart shaped ankh birthmark. I put my hand on my right hip and I started to get a little confused.

"Chris, is he right? Ricky isn't lying to me?"

"No, Scarlett."

I dropped to my knees and Chris was there in record time to catch me before I hurt myself too badly.

"So I'm meant to be with you? And I'm a vampire? What kind of Twilight shit is this, Chris?"

"I know, that's exactly what I said," Chris spoke with a bit of humor in his voice. He rubbed my back soothingly and kissed my forehead. I loved when he did that."

"I have to change you though, Scar."

I stopped sobbing and just stared at him in his eyes.

"Okay."

"You sure this is what you want?"

"If it means I get to be a vampire, be royalty and have a sexy ass mate, then yes," I said with a giggle.

"Okay, babe."

Chris seemed a bit hesitant but I pulled my hair to one side and tilted my neck so he had easier access. It seems that even though I'm half vampire, I still have to be changed. Chris started moving his face closer to my neck and I could feel his hot breath. I tensed up for a second when I felt him like my neck. And that's when I felt that most euphoric feeling ever. It felt like sex and cheating on your diet plan mashed together.

I guess this means I'm apart of the Fiend club now.