Love Like Blood

We Are The Ones You Push Away Pt. 1

+++++++++++++

I immediately opened my eyes to a dark room. I knew where I was after that awfully sexual dream I had. I turned over to my left in this soft Boffin, Chris' body was facing my own and I couldn't help but take in all of his beautiful features. He was so flawless and everything about him screamed perfect. I remember when we were little, and my mother was still around, he would come over to my house and we would play together. I used to be so excited when we would have play dates together, just being in his presence when I was a child was probably the most wonderful feeling next to sex.

I looked at the clock and noticed it was 4:39 AM. Today was Friday, so I most definitely knew that my father was home. He should be just getting up at this time. Or just getting ready to call the state troopers seeing as how I wasn't home all night long. I'm really worried about going home today. My Dad has two possible reactions, he could be completely relieved that I'm home, or he could be furious and violent. My father has only hit me once in my life, and that was because after my mom had left us I screamed at him and told him it was his fault. He beat me within an inch of my life. After that, we never really had much of a relationship. I was just so terrified to let him do that to me again that we never really spoke, he knew nothing about my life. You see, my father, was only keeping me around to show face. He was a highly regarded pastor, and seeing as how his wife had just disappeared, he mourned her loss by flaunting me around. Claiming that her disappearance had made us stronger or whatever. I just went along with it because I was afraid of what he'd do if I rebelled. That's when I also started sneaking out, smoking, and going to concerts. Honestly, all that was left for me since that beating was a weekly allowance of $1,000 and a place to stay. I’ve been saving most of that money and I planned on moving out when I was 18, but I guess I didn’t have to do that anymore since I was with Chris.

Getting up was sort of a bitch. Not the usual feeling groggy and sore body parts from lying unconscious for hours on end. But the simple fact that everything that seemed somewhat normal in my life was going to change. Dramatically. Seeing as how I couldn’t go out naked, I started to think about what I wanted to get dressed in, but I had to see if the boys had any spare close. I went through the dressers in the room and found a Misfits “Die, Die my Darling” t-shirt that was cut into a muscle tee, and a pair of large black and cut up skinnies that would probably fit me.

I walked out of the room and tried to find my way through these long, decorative hallways. I heard noises coming from a doorway and decided to listen in. It honestly sounds like laughter and the clattering sounds of wine glass... it like fucking 7 am? The fuck are they drinking wine... oh that's not wine. I'm an idiot. I smacked myself in the head for my stupidity.

"You know Scar, it's awfully weird looking when you smack yourself for your thoughts," Chris said behind me with a chuckle. He began to wrap his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. I smiled and spun around to face him.

"We have to get going soon. You know my father goes to the church early in the morning to make sure everything's fine..." I said lowly while I looked at my bare feet.

"Okay, then let's leave now... I guess..." Chris said without looking at me. I know how he feels about my father, and I'm okay with the way he's acting about this. Surprisingly, I'm a lot more eager to get this done and over with. I need to get this off my chest.

Chris starts walking to the door and yells to tell the guys that we'll be back a little later. I started to get nervous as I put my Vans on, I really hate this mixed emotions bullshit I was having. I just wanted this to be done and over with.

Once we got in the car and started to drive off, Chris has decided to put some music on. The song was "Reese's Pieces, I Don't Know Who John Cleese Is?" by I Set My Friends On Fire. Probably the shittiest band out there, but he knows I have a week spot for 2 of their songs. I smiled a little as the song started, sing along to the words. It was getting the end of the song and my favorite part was coming up, I rolled the windows down and started to sing really loudly, not caring who heard me,

"

"I really shouldn't be thinking this way,

It would put my mind at ease,

If I caught your ass on tape.

They'll be no excuses baby.

I'll forward this to your friends and family,"

I seen Chris look at me and start smiling wildly,

"Maybe I should reconsider this diagnosis,

Lets think things out before we conclude.

Commonly a virtuoso at these procedures,

But this was the saddest thing my eyes have ever viewed,"

I took a deep breath even though I didn't need to and continued,

"The postmeridian hours that we performed,

Seemed like such a perfunctory routine,

But I can obviously tell by the footage here,

That you're in love with this machine!

How could you do this to me?

Next time you won't get out so easily.

Now that I know what I'm up against;

I came prepared.

Bat in hand behind the closest door I painfully stared,"

I quickly came back to reality and busted out laughing while Chris just continued to stare at me with complete adoration.

"Okay, so I officially think you're bat-shit crazy," I started to get quiet, "But! You're too fucking gorgeous for me to ever leave you and I lo-" Chris' eyes opened really wide, almost as wide as a female character from anime. My jaw slacked a little and Chris just turned his attention back to the road, not saying another word.

*Skip To Their Arrival At Her House*

We pulled up to my driveway and noticed that my father's car was still there. I decided to get out and Chris soon followed. I walked up to my front door and stopped. I looked down at the floor mat and put my hand to the doorknob, twisting it and pushing the door open quietly. I walked into the house and noticed that Chris wasn't behind me, he was still stuck at the door.

"Uhm babe, why are you not inside?" I asked quizzically.

"You have to invite me inside. I am not allowed to enter unless I have permission," he stated quietly.

"Oh, you can come in," I said and just like that he walked into the foyer.

I began walking to my father's study. This is where he was at this time, because this is around the time I would leave for school. Which reminds me that I have to go get my car from the school parking lot. I turn around and give Chris a look that says go wait in the living room, seeing as how it was right next to my fathers study.

I turned the knob, and low and behold he was sitting there writing.

"I see you thought it was a good time to come home, Scarlett," my father spoke in a unpleasant tone.

"I'm sorry.Things happened yesterday and I got so ca-" he shushed me before I could explain myself.

"No need to explain, the school called me and told me. What I want to know is why you left with that boy, you know I do not like him. You know I do not approve of him," he got up from his large dark brown desk and walked over to me. He slowly ran his hand across my cheek and I got nervous. Please not this.

"Scarlett, I cannot have you running off with someone else like your mother," he stated questionably. I got furious when he said that, she did not leave willingly.

"She did not fucking leave! You know that and I know that she didn't leave us, she was forced!" I screamed at him. I shoved him away from me, but ended up throwing him halfway across the room and he was stuck to the wall. I felt another presence next to me, it was radiating with pure hatred and anger. I look to my side, and there Chris was standing next to me with his hand out towards my father. I was terrified of what he would do, but I knew he was doing this out of instinct, he was only protecting me.

"How's everything been, Mr. Lee?" he stated with a wicked smile, a sinister laugh and eyes full of hatred.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE LONG AWAITED UPDATE. I'm honestly sorry if you're following this story and my updates piss you off, but I've had so much going on lately that it's been tough to come up with anything to write. BUT HERE'S TO THE UPDATE, and if anyone wants to talk about absolutely anything I'm just a message away. I don't want anyone of my readers feeling alone. Thank you for reading, and have a lovely day/night c: