Love Like Blood

We Are The Ones You Push Away Pt. 2

++++++++++++++++

The color in my father's face had drained by this point. He didn't even make a sound. The fear in his eyes told me everything, he knew that I knew something I wasn't suppose to. Something that he would have never told me, and he was afraid of how I was going to react.

"So, Mr. Lee. I want you to tell Scar what happened to her mother. One of my nest mates told her what she is and what she's destined to become. You just have to tell her where she came from," my father began to calm. Only then did it hit me I was going to find out what happened to my mother.

Chris slowly started to let my father down, loosening his grip on my father's neck. Chris' eyes went back to normal and almost immediately the aura in the room went to calm. My father stood up and cracked his back and neck.

"I can't tell you anything... they... they said that they'd know if I told you. They said you would have to figure it out by yourself..." he said sounding panicked. Whatever scared him that night my mom disappeared must of put fear in his heart, because I don't recognize this man that's standing before me.

"So what am I suppose to do, huh? I'm suppose to just pretend that everything's all fine and dandy when my mother could be dead for all I know?!" I yelled at him.

He flinched, " No Scarlett, you know that necklace that your mother gave to you on your fifth birthday?" He questioned me. I nod. "That necklace was blood red the day she gave it to you, and it is still blood red. That means that she is still alive. As long as that color does not turn pure black she is alive," he said to me. My eyes widened.

I ran up to my room and completely forgot that I now had vampiric powers, which meant super speed. I was up to my room and at my vanity in a matter of seconds. I grabbed the small red box that sat at the center of dresser. I opened it and sure enough that necklace was a pulsing blood red. I was genuinely happy, although I was slightly upset. Why would she leave me? I don't understand... I thought she loved me?

I put the necklace on and stared at myself in the mirror. I looked exactly like my mother, and it scared me. What if what happened to my parents happens when Chris and myself have children. I don't think I could live with myself if that happened.

"Scarlett" I heard an eerily quiet voice speak to me in my head.

"Hello?" I responded, but it didn't answer. Please don't tell me I'm going crazy and it's just some weird shit that my brain is playing tricks on me or something. I close the box and begin to pack my belongings, I didn't plan on staying in this house, and for damn sure was not going to continue to live with my father. For so long he lead me to believe that she wasn't alive, that my mother had died. I don't even want to know what other secrets he was keeping from me.

I was done packing and walked back down to find Chris and my father having a stare down. I cleared my throat to focus the attention on myself. I look at my father with the most sympathetic look I could give him, he just nodded his head in understanding. He knew why I had to leave. I walked out to the car with Chris and got in. Just as Chris was about to pull out of the driveway, my father came running outside towards my window. I rolled it down. He was holding this medium sized black box.

"Scarlett, I understand and I was waiting for this day. I want you to have this. It has pictures of when you were a small child and many of your mother when she was pregnant with you. There is also two things in there that I want you to look at when you are in the privacy of where you are staying. I love you, and have a great life," he said sounding ever so business-like.

"Thanks, Dad. You too," and with that Chris pulled out of the driveway and we were back on our way to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I KNOW IT'S A SHORT ASS UPDATE

BUT I'M SLEEPY

AND I'M SUPPOSE TO GO SEE FAMILY TOMORROW

AND I THOUGHT I'D UPDATE

SEEING AS HOW THIS IS LIKE 5 DAYS LATE

ANYWHOOZERS

till next time,

Bloo.