Status: I'm in love with this story and i hope you will be too!

Amber J

Water Damage

“Wow, you don’t think that was a little harsh?” Katy asked when Julianna had told her about what she had said to Candace.
“Ok, so it might have been a bit much but honestly… I’m just done. I can’t deal with this.” She says and Katy looks at her shocked.
“What do you mean?” Katy asked her sadly. She knew how much Julianna loved Tyler and she knew Tyler was madly in love with Julianna, that’s why she had helped him pick out rings.
“I mean I think I just need a break.”
“No… J.”
“I leave tomorrow to home for Christmas. I’ll be gone three weeks. It should be more than enough time apart to figure things.”
Katy didn’t bother to argue with her because she knew once J’s mind was set, that there was no changing it.
After Katy left, Julianna started packing her bags. Soon enough Tyler was knocking on the door.
“Hey.” She said, letting him in.
“Hey.” He said back and pulled her into a hug, which she returned. “What are you doing?” He asked.
“I’m packing.”
“Well where are you going?” He asked becoming confused.
“I go home tomorrow for Christmas. I’ll be gone 3 weeks.” She tells him and he looks at her with an angry look on his face.
“Three weeks? I thought maybe you’d come to Brampton with me.”
“Well we hadn’t talked about it and I already told my mom I’d be there. Plus Jason will be there with his fiancé Clare. Anyways, I don’t really think it’s a good idea for me to be there right now.”
“Why because of the whole picture thing? She didn’t mean anything by it…”
“I bitched her out.” She quickly admitted and she felt guilty.
“What do you mean you bitched her out?” He asked, getting defensive of his sister.
“I mean she called me and I bitched her out.” Julianna ran a hand through her hair.
“Did you ever think maybe she was just calling to apologize?” He yelled at her and Julianna looked at him with her eyes wide.
“Yeah I did! Afterwards! I’m sorry! It just happened.”
“That’s my sister Julianna! Dam…”
“I said I’m sorry… Look I’ll be gone for three weeks and I think that will give us some time to think.” She said quietly looking down and Tyler became angry.
“To think? Now you need time to think? Fine! Take all the fucking time you need!” He yelled before walking back out her door and slamming it behind him.
Oh no, what had she done? She thought to herself. She held back her tears and quickly finished her packing. She then used her phone to call the airline and move her ticket up to the next available flight that day. She needed to get out of Dallas and she needed to get out now.
.
“Hey, Julianna told me about what she said to you. I’m really sorry Candace.” Tyler told his sister over the phone.
“It’s ok Tyler. Honestly I deserved it.”
“It doesn’t matter Candace. You’re my sister and she shouldn’t talk to you like that. It doesn’t matter now anyways. She is leaving in the morning for Georgia and she will be gone for three weeks. She said it will give us some time to think about what we really want.”
“Oh no… This is all my fault. What did you do?” Candace asked, sounding really guilty. She knew how much her brother loved Julianna and she didn’t want them breaking up over this.
“I told her to take all the time she fucking needed and left.” He said, still holding on to his pride and she shook her head even though he couldn’t see her.
“Tyler! She is hurt and confused, mostly because of me. She loves you so much! Don’t let her leave thinking you’re ok with her taking time off from your relationship. Trust me! If she thinks you don’t care then that’s it! She will find a reason to move on.”
“What do you mean?” He asked, becoming worried that maybe he had just fucked up.
“I mean get off your high horse and go after her! Now! You almost lost her once, you don’t want to lose her again.” She yelled at him and then he hung up. He jumped off his bed and ran down to his car. He raced to her house and banged on the door. But she didn’t answer. He called her phone and it went straight to voicemail. He sighed and walked back to his car and then saw her neighbor, an elderly woman.
“Ma’am, do you know where Julianna went?” He asked her kindly and she smiled sweetly at him.
“Oh yes, she moved her flight to tonight. She left about an hour ago.” Shit. He missed her. She was gone.
He called her again when he got in the car and left her a voicemail, “Julianna, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean what I said. I don’t need time to think. I love you. I love you so much.”
.
“Hey J!” Jason pulled his sister into a hug and then Clare stepped in and hugged her soon to be sister in law.
“Hey guys! I’m so happy to see you.” She says to them and then her brother grabs her bags and puts them into the back of the Tahoe.
“So dad is barbequing tomorrow, just for you.” Jason said with a laugh.
“Dad would use any excuse to barbeque.” She said right back to him. She turned on her phone and saw she had two voice mails and a few text messages but she would get to them later.
“Oh I also got the hot tub on for you girls. It should be ready when we get back.” Jason told her and she smiled at him quickly before looking back out into the dark night. The hot tub was just what she needed, that a nice glass of wine.
They got to the Jason’s house and she went up to the spare room and quickly changed into a bathing suit. She grabbed her phone and met them on the deck at the hot tub.
“Look what I got for you.” Clare said and Julianna smiled wide when she saw the glass of wine.
“Perfection.” She climbed in and grabbed the wine. She set her phone on the edge of the hot tub and took a long sip. “I really needed this.”
“What’s that exactly?” Her brother asked.
“A break from Dallas. Things have gotten to tense since Candace told the entire world we were together. I wasn’t ready for all the dam haters and the drama.”
“She seams like a bitch. I mean I don’t know her but…” Clare shrugged. “I’m sorry.”
“It’s not your fault Clare. I just… Tyler and I got in this really big fight before I left.”
“What was it about?”
“I told him I didn’t think it was a good idea to go to Brampton with him for Christmas and that I was coming here for three weeks. That I thought it would give us time to think… He kind of flipped on me after that.”
“Well he does love you Julianna, he was probably just thrown off by the whole thing.” Jason said and she nodded. She reached for the bottle of wine and when she pulled it back towards her, the end of the bottle hit her phone, sending it straight into the hot tub.
“NO!” she yelled, a hand flew to her mouth and Jason reached down to grab it. He handed it to her and it was completely head.
“We will go first thing in the morning to get a new one. No worries.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who won't be able to hear her voicemails?

Thoughts??