The Best Surprise

1/1

I sighed as I felt a hand skimming down my spine. “Babe, that tickles,” I murmured, still half asleep.

“Well if you hadn’t been lying on your front, I would have woken you up in a more interesting way,” Ronnie said and my cheeks warmed despite me still being mostly asleep. The duvet was resting on my lower back and I knew it wouldn’t be longer until Ronnie pulled it completely out of the way. I groaned when Ronnie suddenly lay on top of me. He wasn’t heavy – I quite liked the weight of him on top of me, it was comforting – but I just wanted to go back to sleep. Ronnie placed open mouthed kisses to my shoulders and the back of my neck and I had to accept that I wouldn’t be going back to sleep any time soon. As though sensing I was ready to roll over, Ronnie lifted himself onto his hands and knees. Once I was on my back, Ronnie settled himself on top of me once again and this time caught my lips with his. I fought against the duvet so I could wrap my legs around Ronnie’s and hook behind his knees. My body responded to his kisses, as it always did and I found myself arching up into him, trying to get some friction against my hardening dick. But Ronnie surprised me by pulling away. I frowned up at him and only then realised that he was fully dressed. I guess being observant first thing in the morning when my boyfriend was distracting me so successfully wasn’t one of my skills.

“So do you care to tell me why I’m up at stupid o’clock on my first day off and you’re not even gonna have your wicked way with me?” I asked, looping my arms around his shoulders. Ronnie grinned and pressed his lips to mine for a drawn out kiss.

“I have a surprise for you,” he said. “Get up and get showered. You have an hour.”

“Okay…” I said, frowning with suspicious. “What am I getting ready for?”

“Wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you now, would it?” he grinned and I rolled my eyes. “Don’t go back to sleep, Caleb.” I rolled my eyes and sat up, spotting the suitcase at the end of the bed. Ronnie climbed off me and grabbed my hand and pulled me up too.

“Are we going somewhere?” I asked and Ronnie just smirked.

“Go shower,” he said and I pouted.

“Wanna join me?” I asked, moving to press my body against his. I knew from experience that he loved morning sex – something about my body being all warm and soft and relaxed. And he loved shower sex even more. In the year that we’d been living together, he’d not once said no.

“Not today,” he said but the twinkle in his eyes said he appreciated the offer. I pouted again but pecked his lips anyway before going into the bathroom to shower. If I jerked off, I couldn’t really be blamed – after all, Ronnie had got me all worked up.

--

Sitting on the train with the suitcase in front of us just made me intrigued. “Next stop,” Ronnie said eventually and I glanced at the tube map on the wall of the train in front of me.

“St Pancras?” I asked with a frown and Ronnie smiled and nodded. What’s at St Pancras? I couldn’t for the life of me figure it out. Was there a hotel Ronnie wanted to stay at? I’d never seen the point of staying in hotels so close to home but London stays were advertised so often. Maybe Ronnie had decided we needed a night in a fancy hotel. But why had he woke me up at 8a.m. for a hotel?

“Caleb, stop trying to figure it out,” Ronnie said, taking my hand and entwining our fingers. “You’ll see soon enough.”

“You’re mean,” I said and Ronnie grinned but didn’t reply. I smiled secretly to myself. I wasn’t going to tell him, but I kind of loved this. I knew Ronnie wouldn’t organise a surprise that I’d hate, so I was excited to see what it was. I figured, though, from Ronnie’s small smile, that he knew that anyway. He didn’t do things like this often, but when he did, his surprises were spot on. On our third date, he’d led me through Soho, past XXX clubs and shops. I’d wondered where this impulsive 19 year old had been taking me and I’d been kind of scared about the answer. Eventually Ronnie had stopped at a sex shop that boasted ‘adult videos and peep shows’. I’d adamantly refused to enter the dodgy looking shop but Ronnie had just grinned at me. Trust me, he’d said and my heart had skipped a beat. I’d looked up into his eyes and sighed. How could a boy two years younger than me have such sway on me? I’d swallowed and taken a deep breath before nodding. Ronnie had grinned and taken my hand and led me through the door. My cheeks were burning and I’d wondered what people on the street were thinking. The bouncer on the door had been holding a clipboard and had asked Ronnie for his name before nodding and holding the thick curtain aside to reveal a thin staircase. I’d squeezed Ronnie’s hand tightly as he descended the staircase, wondering what the hell I was in for. Ronnie had seemed like such an innocent boy – I must have read him completely wrong. I’d started planning a way to escape. And then we reached the bottom of the staircase and I had been faced with an extravagant restaurant. I’d just stared, my lips parted in shock. Ronnie just grinned at me before following a girl to our table. I can't believe you let me think you were taking me into a sex shop, I’d said and Ronnie just laughed, telling me I was adorable and making me blush. Innocent but cocky. And I kind of loved it.

“Why are you blushing?” Ronnie asked, snapping me back into the present.

“I was thinking about our third date,” I told him and he grinned.

“That was fun,” he said. “The memory of your expression still makes me laugh.” I rolled me eyes and shook my head.

“You were pretty brave,” I said with a smile. “For a 19 year old.”

“Hey, you loved it,” he smiled. “It certainly ended pretty well.” I blushed again as I thought about the end of that date. Sometimes I wondered whether three dates had been too soon to sleep with someone – my friends had certainly thought so – but it had felt right. And it wasn’t just someone, it was Ronnie. I’d known right from the start that he was going to be special. I’d had a couple boyfriends before him – they only each last a couple of months – but Ronnie hadn’t. We both just knew.

“Yeah,” I smiled, resting my head on Ronnie’s shoulder. First times with a new partner are usually super awkward and, honestly, just not very good. It had been Ronnie’s first time ever and he’d been nervous. We’d taken it slowly – despite the fact that we’d stumbled into my bed before either of us really knew what was going on. And Ronnie quickly got over his nerves and once he found his rhythm, he quickly took control. It had been, hands down, one of the best nights of my life.

The train eventually reached the station and Ronnie grabbed the suitcase and we disembarked. I followed Ronnie through the underground and through the walkways. I was still trying to figure out where we were going and finally noticed that he seemed to be following the signs for the Eurostar. I frowned – not sure whether that was a coincidence or not – and decided to wait until I knew for certain.

When Ronnie eventually came to a stop and took my hand, I turned to him, waiting for an explanation. “We’re going to France?” I whispered when he didn’t say anything. Ronnie just grinned in response. I dropped his hand and wrapped my arms around his waist tightly. “Why? What’s the occasion?” I asked, looking up at him. He gazed down at me and then shook his head.

“I just thought it was time,” he said eventually. I frowned curiously but he didn’t say anymore.

“I love you,” I smiled. “And I love this. We haven’t had a holiday in forever.” We’d gone to Spain when Ronnie finished university almost a year before but since then, we’d both been working. While I had holidays because I worked at a school, Ronnie’s office job didn’t give him the same amount of holidays, obviously. Sometimes during Christmas, Easter and the summer, when I was at home and Ronnie was at work, I got kind of bored and lonely. I loved dropping into his office at lunch, just because I needed something to do and I needed to see him.

About 3 hours later, the train pulled into Disney Land Resort and I just gazed open mouthed at my surroundings. There was a life-size Mikey and Minnie mouse strolling around waving at all the children. “Oh, my God, Ronnie,” I whispered. I turned to him and he beamed down at me.

“Are you happy?” he asked and I smiled and shook my head.

“Of course,” I whispered, stretching up to peck his lips. At the start of our relationship, Ronnie teased me that I was so much shorted than him despite being 3 years older. But I kinda liked it. I liked how well I fit into his body. And I think he liked it too. “I love you so much,” I smiled and Ronnie stroked my cheek gently.

We went to our hotel first, which was only about 15 minutes on a shuttle bus, to drop off our suitcase. The room was light blue and so cute. It was partly ridiculous but I loved it. I pushed Ronnie onto the large double bed before straddling his hips and kissing his breath away. His hands went almost automatically to my arse where he squeezed and kneaded and made me roll my hips against him.

“Babe, as much as I want to watch you ride me, we should probably make the most of the park while we’re here,” Ronnie said, breaking the kiss. I pouted as I pulled back. Ronnie grinned at me.

“We’ll pick this up later, yes?” I asked and Ronnie laughed.

“Try and stop me,” he said, sitting up too and sliding me off his lap. I pecked his lips once more before standing up and grabbing my jacket and wallet.

“Ready,” I said with a grin and Ronnie rolled his eyes as he smiled at me tenderly.

“Okay,” he said, grabbing his own jacket and wallet as well as the hotel room key. “Let’s go.”

We spent the next three days exploring the entire park, going on the rides, eating junk food. It was amazing. I loved, loved, loved Disney. Disney moving essentially raised me when I was a child, seeing as my father left and my mother worked a lot to keep us going. I didn’t mind, though, and obviously I was grateful. But the happily ever after movies shaped my expectations in life. It probably made me a bit naïve and innocent but I didn’t care; I’d got my happy ending so it all worked out, really.

"We should go see the Disney Dreams show," Ronnie said on our last and I immediately and enthusiastically nodded.

"Yes definitely," I smiled. It was something I had definitely wanted to do, but every other day we’d been too tired after spending all day at the park to hang around until closing to watch the show. But I wasn’t going to miss it.

We decided to spend the morning and early afternoon in the park before going back to the room for a nap. The show wasn’t until 11 so we had plenty of time. “You okay?” I asked Ronnie with a gentle frown. He was sitting on the bed, staring at his hands, which were clasped together in his lap. He looked up when he heard my voice and smiled, though it felt slightly strained.

“Yeah, I’m good,” he smiled. He reach for my hand and then pulled me onto his lap. “Have you had a good holiday?” he asked and I smiled as I settled on his lap.

“It’s been amazing,” I smiled. “I don’t really know how to thank you.” Ronnie just smiled and shook his head.

“You don’t need to thank me,” he whispered. “I’d do anything to make you happy.” I smiled and shook my head.

“You’re too good to me,” I whispered, running my fingertips over his cheek.

“I’d give you the world if I could,” he said and I shook my head, wondering what had got him in such an odd mood.

“You don’t need to,” I said. “I wouldn’t know what to do with the world. You’re more than enough.”

“I love you,” he whispered, catching my lower lip between his for a moment.

“I love you, too, babe,” I whispered, once he’d stopped kissing me. “So much.” Ronnie smiled at me and slowly lay back on the bed, pulling me down with me so we were cuddled up together.

“Let’s take a nap,” he said. “So we can appreciate the show later.” I considered asking again if he was okay, but decided not to. Ronnie had never been one to keep things to himself for long, so I knew that if something really was bothering him, that he’d tell me eventually. Instead, I just snuggled into his chest, enjoying the feeling of his arms wrapped around me, and drifted off to sleep.

We headed back to the park at about 10.30, so we could find a good spot and not have to rush or push past people. We were stood under a lamp post; Ronnie could lean back against it and I rested against his chest with his arms wrapped securely around me. Eventually, the show started. All of the lights went out except those in the Mickey ears people around us were wearing. A voice announced the start of the show and spotlights turned on and a light made to look like Tinker bell flew all over the castle. I was mesmerised, I couldn’t look away. The music was blasting around us and then scenes from Peter Pan were projected onto the castle. I couldn’t keep the grin from my face. And then it led into Beauty and the Beast and I couldn’t help but hum along. Loads of different Disney scenes were then projected on the castle and fireworks started. It was just amazing.

The show lasted about half an hour but by the time it finished, I thought it had been going for hours. The final scene ended with a large firework display, the closing song from Peter Pan, and a water fountain display. It was magical. In the silence after the show ended and before people broke into cheers, Ronnie whispered in my ear, “Caled?”

“Mmm,” I replied, burrowing myself against him.

“Will you marry me?” he whispered and I inhaled sharply and turned in his arms to face him. I looked up into his arms as the audience around us started buzzing about how amazing the show had been, but that was the last thing on my mind at that moment.

“What?” I whispered, gazing up into his eyes, sure I’d misheard.

“Will you marry me?” he said again before biting his lip anxiously.

“Oh, my God,” I whispered, a smile tugging at my lips. “Of course I will!” Ronnie grinned but didn’t have a chance to say anything before I pressed my lips against his. Ronnie’s arms wrapped around me tightly as we kissed.

“I love you so much,” he whispered and I shook my head.

“I love you more,” I said and Ronnie scoffed.

“We’re not gonna have this argument,” Ronnie said quickly, “but I love you most.” Before I could reply, he kissed me once again and all thoughts of arguing vanished from my mind.

When we got back to the hotel, Ronnie went to his bag and pulled out a small black box. I gazed at it and then up at him. “I was going to do the whole one knee with the ring thing, but it just felt right to do it earlier,” he said and I smiled. “Should I have done it on one knee?”

“No,” I smiled. “It was perfect.” He smiled at me and kissed me tenderly, before opening the box and taking my left hand. He carefully slid a gold band onto my finger and I felt my eyes welling up. “Was this all planned?” I asked and he smiled down at me before cupping my cheek tenderly.

“Maybe,” he said and I shook my head.

“Best holiday ever,” I said and he chuckled before placing a soft kiss to my lips.

--

“I have one more surprise for you,” Ronnie said the following day when we got back to our flat in London.

“What?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. Ronnie just grinned and opened the front door. I stepped inside dubiously but nothing seemed out of place. I looked at Ronnie, but he was just smiling. Dropping my bag by the front door, I headed into the living room in search of my surprise. There wasn’t anything out of the ordinary there, either. Then the kitchen, just as normal. Then the bedroom, where I froze in the doorway.

There were about a dozen small lanterns hanging from the ceiling, lit up from the inside. I felt Ronnie come up behind me. “How?” I asked, gazing around our bedroom.

“Steph did it this morning before we got back,” he said softly and I turned and looked up at him. “I know how much you love that scene in Tangled.”

“Oh, god, you really are the best boyfriend,” I whispered, wrapping my arms around his waist. “These don’t have flames inside them, though, right?”

“No,” Ronnie grinned. “They’re electric tea lights.”

“Thank God,” I muttered and Ronnie chuckled. “Where did you get them from?” I asked, looking at the lanterns.

“Uh, Steph and I made them,” he said. I wondered how much his sister had actually done, considering she was attending university to study Mixed Media Textiles and loved designing and sewing. But I pretended to believe that he’d done them.

I stretched up and placed a tender kiss to his lips. “Thank you,” I whispered. “For, just, everything. For this amazing holiday, for wanting to marry me, for this surprise. And just being you. I don’t know what I’d do without you, I don’t even want to imagine a world where you’re not there.”

“You won't ever need to,” he whispered, stroking my cheek softly. “You’re never getting rid of me now.”

“Good,” I grinned, kissing him once again.

“Good,” he repeated. “Now, let’s make love under these lanterns before any of them fall off.” I laughed and wrapped my arms around Ronnie’s shoulders as he grasped my hips and pushed me towards the bed. I happily went with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really fancied writing a fairly fluffy, happy one-shot but I couldn't think of one. I was talking to the lovely Unexpected. who gave me the idea of a guy proposing to his boyfriend at Disney Land, so this is the result of that :)
I kinda fell in love with this couple, too, and would like to do a full length story for them if I have an idea and the time!
anyway, hope you liked it! :)