Status: ***3/12/15-- Playing with the layout... hmmm.... any thoughts?***

Diamonds and Nicotine

Names in Her Ledger

…3 Days Earlier


Noir looked through her long range scope, carefully observing every movement of the security detail surrounding the LeBlanc estate. Despite being exactly a thousand-sixteen yards away from her target location, the girl kept still and silent, perfectly undetectable as she knelt on the roof of an old church. From her carefully selected perch, she saw everything--- the guard smoking on the balcony, to the small group on break playing cards to kill time.
It was only a few hours past noon, and the sun still provided ample amounts of light; evidently enough for the security to be lax.
A careless and stupid decision, Noir silently decided, as she adjusted the magnification slightly to focus on the courtyard. She was hoping to get a glimpse of one man, her target for her current agenda, and one she was looking to cross off her ledger very soon.

Tristan LeBlanc, Company Head and Main Cutter of LeBlanc Jewelers; he had quite a reputation for himself in the upper-class society throughout Europe. But behind the perfect image of his wealth and sophistication was the path he carved up the ranks of aristocracy, riddled with filth and darkest of rumors.
Noir smiled darkly, her eyes not once straying from the estate.
Yes, I will cross him out, soon enough.

Suddenly, a small beep rang out a notification in her ear, bringing out of her plotting thoughts. Without taking the scope down from her eyes, she lifted her right hand to her ear and pressed a button on her ear piece.

“What,” she muttered, continuing her search to sight her target.

“I hate to break it to you, woman, but I can’t find the records anywhere.” a familiar voice sighed. From the other end, Noir can make out the furiously fast sound of typing. “The man is clearly filthy, looking at these sketchy emails and coded business calendar, but there is not enough to definitively pin anything illegal on him.”

“That means he is keeping paper files somewhere.” Noir said, scanning across the property. “There’s no way LeBlanc has no records with all the loose strings I dug up that lead to him…”

Noir frowned and stopped when she saw a black car slowly come to a stop on a hill, about fifty yards from the front entrance. The driver had parked behind a tree, evidently finding it to be a sufficient hiding spot from the guards on the estate. Not that it seemed to matter anyway, as the guards remained oblivious of their sneaky visitor.
Noir watched as a man stepped out from the car, in his hand a camera. He snapped away at the estate, freezing anxiously at moments and ducking behind the tree as a guard passed across the entrance of the mansion. It didn't take long for her to figure out what this man was up to.

Probing. she recognized.

“Ricky,” Noir said, calling back the attention of the hacker on the phone. She focused her scope to the mystery car and took in the license plate. “Could you run the plates I’m sending you right now?”
She clicked the shutter on her scope and captured the image.

“Got it… she heard Ricky muttered, already focused. More furious typing followed before she spoke again. “It’s a company car, under the name of Monsieur Didier Paget…who is the head of security to…”

Noir brought the scope down from her eyes, her mind turning focus.
“Vivienne Valerio,” she said.

Vivienne Valerio was also a familiar name, one Noir knew all too well. Her mind was whirling now, twisting at the possibilities. If Valerio was sending one of her men to spy on LeBlanc just five days before his great event, she had to be up to something. And Noir was going to find out what that was.

Without another word, Noir turned away from the estate, packing her things quickly.
“Change of plans: I’ll move tonight.” she said.

“What? What are you going to do? It’s still five days before the event; you should take the time to plan…”

But Noir’s mind was already formulating a new plan, already locked on to a new target. Briskly, she picked up her gear and made her way down from the roof.
“I will move tonight.” she repeated definitively, leaving no room for arguments.

She could hear Ricky in her ear, protesting at her sudden and abrupt decision to move up the plan’s actions. She told her she was being reckless and, and it would get her killed.
But Noir didn’t care; she had blood on her mind, and she couldn’t help the smile that pulled at the corners of her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blaaaahhhh...I know, sorry!! I was actually away with my team for a cross country camp! I should've updated sooner, I'm sorry. I also know that it is much shorter than my usual chapters, but I thought this was a good place to leave it off.

So this week, it's a bit of a flashback filler chapter... but I would like to believe this isn't just a filler. Thought I would show you a teeny-tiny peak before the whole story started...

Idk, I thought it was a good idea, since Noir is out cold right now due to her...conditions. BLAH I know, sorry. Next chapter will be better...hopefully.