Status: Up and Running.

Nothing Hurts The Devil, Baby

Chapter Two

“Rollie Pollie. You've got a letter.” Steven, Carol's father, called from the office.

“Dad..... I thought we agreed no nicknames at work?” Carol grumbled, walking over to him.

“Sorry. Habit.” He kissed her hand and handed her the letter.

“Dad!”

“Oh get over it. Read it quickly and get back to work. I need to go get your brother from school.” He grabbed his key and walked out of the store. Carol opened the letter as she walked back to the register.

Pretty Cashier-

You've been going through my mind on Replay.

Meet me tonight? 12:00 at the Hidden Fountain?

I hope to see you.

-Sole Stealer


“Well... That's a way to get a girl's attention.” Carol laughed and put the letter in her back pocket.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~


Carol stopped her bike by the main bridge, and began walking towardsthe Hidden Fountain.

The Hidden Fountain was a natural phenomenon in the Amethyst Creek. About a quarter mile from the main road, and a mile south of town, there is a section where the water naturally bubbles up, like a fountain. Its where many get engaged, have their first kiss, or make wishes for the future.

As Carol got closer, she could hear music playing.

“Nananana everyday.”

Carol continued around the bend to see Zane playing Replay off his iPod.

“How cute.”

“Well, you said it's your guilty pleasure. So I thought I'd pleasure you.” Zane laughs heartily.

“That sounds inappropriate.” Carol laughs and sits on a rock by the water.

“It's supposed to.” Zane sat by her.

“So... Why here?” Carol looked at him nervously.

“Private. Beautiful..... Creepy.” He whispers to himself.

“What was that?”

“Nothing.” He placed his hand on her knee. “Hey. Let's go for a walk!”

“In the woods, at midnight? Are you trying to use me as Werewolf bait?” Carol laughed.

“Of course! Come on.” Zane laughed, pulling her up.

“Alright....” Carol took a small step forward.

“Don't worry. I won't let any of the wood's big scary monsters hurt you.” Zane ran down to the rock bridge. “But I might.” He spoke quietly as she began to walk towards him. “Ready?”

“Yeah..” She began to step on a rock.

“No. On my back. It's not gentlemanly to allow a girl to hop between rocks.” Zane grabbed her arm.

“What? Let me go. I can cross without your help.” Carol pulled away from him.

“No. I can't allow that.” He pulled her and threw her onto his back, before jumping across the water.

“Let me go! Zane! Release me!” She kicked at his back.

“Fine.” He threw her to the ground. “Now listen to me bitch. You can't hurt me, so stop trying. My goal in life is to hurt you. Don't you realize? I'm the Devil!” Zane laughed deeply. “I came here to torture you. Get your soul...”

“Stop it! Leave me alone!” Carol stood, trying to run back across the water.

“I'm sorry, I can't do that.” Zane stopped her.

“Go away!” Carol shoved him and ran off.

“You'll never get rid of me!” Zane called after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... In the paragraph describing the Hidden fountain, when I hand wrote the chapter, I unknowing wrote "Had their first kid" instead of kiss. That'd make for an interesting story... Paha.

Comments?