Status: completed :)

The Biggest Truth

one shot

Tears were streaming down my face as I ran out the door. I knew that he had followed me and he would come out of the same door in a few seconds. When he opened the door, I had somehow managed to pull my facial expression together and when we caught eyes, I was able to look at him without showing the pain that was hiding behind my face.

"Sam… I am so sorry, honestly. I never wanted to hurt you like this" he said as he stroked my cheek. I took his hand away from my face and he let it fall.
"Imagine a future moment in your life when all of your dreams come true; it is the greatest moment in your life Derek Hough and you get to experience it with one person. Who is standing next to you?" I asked him and my voice broke.

He looked at me with agony and I continued before he had the chance to answer.

"If it is the girl inside that door, then great. I just want you to be happy, Derek, really. And if she makes you happy, then the rest of it doesn't matter." He tried to say something but I stopped him, if he said anything, I would not be able to tell him the things I wanted to.
"I know that you are with her, and we will never be. But I just want you to know that I will never stop caring about you. You will not hear from me in a while, maybe forever, but I am going to try and stay away from you." I felt the tears forming in my eyes as I spoke and one of them escaped my eye and I let it fall.

"Sam…?" his voice was filled with pain and my heart ached with agony when I heard him.

"Don't." I put a finger on his lips and shook my head lightly. "It already hurts too much. Just… Just take care, will you? Be happy, live your life to the fullest and don't worry about me, I'll be fine." The last part was a lie, a big one.

"Goodbye" I said, kissed his cheek and quickly turned away before he could see my tears falling down my face and I walked away.

As I heard the door closing behind me, I felt my heart brake into a thousand pieces inside of me. It was over, it really was.

"But I will always love you." I said to myself. That was not a lie; it was the purest and biggest truth of all.