Until I Met You

Return of Kaysee The Great

Ashley leaned against the counter bored. Hardly any customers had come in since her shift began. With Kaysee on suspension for the past couple days and Chuck avoiding her Ashley was slipping slowly into madness.

“Miss me yet?” Kaysee’s voice asked from behind her.

“Do you think I can‘t handle being alone?” Ashley rolled her eyes.

“I can see that you are miserable without me.”

“Oh my god I’m going CRAZY.” Ashley whined giving her friend a hug.

“Well I’m hoping to fix that.” Kase sighed.

“What are you going to do?” Ashley questioned obviously worried.

“I’m going to apologize.”

“Wow I don’t think I have ever heard you apologize for anything before.”

“I don’t do it very often but in this case I think I should, wish me luck.” she took a deep breath then walked to the back of the store.

“GOOD LUCK,” Ashley yelled out as she watched Kaysee disappear into the back room. “Your going to need it.” she added under her breath.

Chuck was sitting at his desk looking over an order sheet one last time before labeling it ready to go. He heard the door open softly so he glanced over his shoulder expecting to see Ashley; he knew she hated being the only person in the show room; she tended to be a very sociable person so being alone was almost like a torture before a slow painful death.

However he was surprised to see Kaysee standing in the frame looking like a dog with it’s tail between it’s legs, but he didn’t show it “Couldn’t stay away huh, guess you don’t really have a life.” he turned back to his desk.

“I came in to apologize but if your just going to give me attitude then forget it.” she crossed her arms over her chest.

“I hope you don’t think a simple apology is all its going to take for you to work today, your out of your mind.” he spun around in his chair to look at her.

“Maybe I am out of my mind if I was considering apologizing to you since this whole thing is really your fault.” she retorted.

“You’re the one that crossed the line.” Chuck growled.

“Sorry I crossed the invisible line that only you can see.” Kaysee mocked hands on her hips.

“Sure add insult to injury.” he turned back to his desk.

“That wasn’t an insult this is. I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!” she quoted Monty Python perfectly.

Chuck sat frozen for a second before he burst out laughing.

“You’re being really unreasonable about this.” she whined.

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.” he managed to say between gasps for breath.

Kaysee stomped her foot. “Trust me you are.”

Chuck calmed down and wiped his eyes. “Get to work.”

“Your awful.” Kaysee exclaimed and walked out the door.

“Love you too.” he called out.

Kaysee held her head high as she walked into the show room, in her mind she had won the fight and she loved to win. She found Ashley helping a young girl look through some skirts.

“Just call me Kaysee the great for I have won.” Kaysee stated with a smirk as she walked past her friend to the counter.

“Honestly I’m not too surprised,” Ashley nodded “She never loses a fight.” she informed the teenage girl.

“I wish she could fight my mom.” the girl laughed.

“Sorry my argument skills aren’t for hire. Unless the price is outrageously high.” Kaysee winked.

“Who are you kidding you’d whore yourself out for a Klondike bar.” Ashley mocked.

“But it’s a Klondike bar.” Kaysee countered. “Your weird if you wouldn’t whore yourself out for one.”

“So do you regret not giving your number to Ryan Dunn?” Kaysee questioned as she restocked some tee shirts.

“Not really,” Ashley shrugged as she reorganized gloves. “It was the smart thing.”

“How was it the smart thing?”

“Because guys like him only want two things, sex and sex.” Ashley laughed.

“You don’t know that because you don’t really know him.” Kaysee argued.

“Fine I might not know him but I do know the type.”

“Ashley now your just being stupid, you don’t know for sure that he’s that type because you didn’t even give yourself the chance to get to know him.”

“Why are you so fixated on him?” Ashley turned to look at her friend.

“I’m not fixated on him.” she rolled her eyes.

“Sure seams like it.”

“I just think it would have been cool to hang out with him some more that’s all.”

“Kaysee you didn’t do what I think you did,” Ashley asked seriously “did you?”

“Depends on what you think I did.” Kaysee stated coyly.

“You gave him my number didn’t you!?” Ashley shrieked.

“Yes and no.”

“What do you mean by yes and no?” she walked over to Kaysee.

“I mean what I said.” Kaysee nodded her head.

“Well even if you did it doesn’t matter since it’s been two days and I haven’t heard from him.”

“Oh please the three day rule, ring a bell?”

“That only applies after a date.”

“Does not, we’ll see if you hear from him tomorrow.” Kaysee smirked.

“Chuck is right, you are a bad influence on me.” Ashley teased.

Kaysee laughed. “I know.”