Until I Met You

The Blue Lounge

“Your such a bitch.” Bailey spat at Kaysee.

“And you’re a whiny brat.” Kaysee shot back calmly not bothering to look up from her book.

“You knew I wanted to borrow that dress from Ashley.” Bailey contniued her anger rising because Kaysee wouldn’t look at her.

Kaysee turned the page in her book. “Just go pick a different dress. She’s got like fifty of them in her closet.”

“I know why you do these things to me.” Bailey crossed her arms over her chest.

“Enlighten me.” Kaysee glanced up.
“Because I’m Ashley’s best friend and have been longer then you‘ve known her.”

“Ha, you think you’re her best friend. I hate to break your heart but your not.” Kaysee returned her eyes back to her book.

“Kaysee’s right, your not her best friend.” Leigh chimed in.

Bailey turned and glared at Leigh. “What do you know!?” she snapped.

Kaysee looked up from her book again. “She knows because she is in fact Ashley’s best friend.”

Bailey rolled her eyes. “Just give me the damn dress.”

“Will you two stop your fighting we have to leave in ten minutes.” Ashley stated as she walked from her bedroom back into the bathroom the back of her dress dragging on the floor behind her despite her high heels. “Leigh you have to change, a sundress isn’t acceptable.” She added.

“Fine I’ll pick something from your closet.” Leigh sighed.

“Tell her to give me that dress.” Bailey demanded.

“I’m not changing, so you better find a different dress or don’t come with us.” Kaysee explained.

“UGH” Bailey threw her hands into the air and walked to Ashley’s room.
Kaysee smirked pleased with herself for winning the argument; she set her book down and walked to the bathroom.

“I see you get to wear the dress.” Ashley stated.

“Of course.” Kaysee laughed as she watched her friend finish the final touches on her make up.

The ride to the restaurant should have been fun since uncle Anthony had sent a limo to pick the four girls up but instead Kaysee and Bailey made the ride long and practically unbearable. Arriving at the restaurant at last Ashley and Leigh couldn’t get out of the limo fast enough.

“Can you two try to get over your issues for the next hour?” Ashley asked of her friends as they entered the restaurant.

“If they embarrass us, they will have to deal with me.” Leigh smiled. “And I can be a real bitch.”

Neither Kaysee or Bailey spoke but their glares at each other continued.
“I’ll take your silence as a binding contract that you will not argue during dinner.” Ashley whispered hastily before walking up to the host.

The Blue Lounge was the new hot restaurant in town. Inside everything was a different shade of blue with black accents and jazz music played from a live band.

“Welcome to The Blue Lounge, do you have a reservation?” the female host smiled brightly.

“I am meeting my uncle Anthony Anderson.” Ashley answered.

“Yes, Mr. Anderson is already at the table.” the woman snapped her fingers and a waiter appeared. “Please escort Ms. Anderson and her friends to their table.”

The waiter bowed. “Right this way ladies.” he lead them through the dinning room to a table in the back where Anthony was already waiting.

“I’m so glad you could make it.” Anthony gave his niece a kiss on the cheek.

“Like you would have let me refuse.” Ashley joked seriously.

Anthony pulled a chair out for Ashley. “You all look so lovely.”

“We shopped at boutique Ashley.” Kaysee joked.

“My niece has always had an eye for fashion.” Anthony nodded.

“I wanted to wear my own dress but she wouldn’t allow me.” Leigh added.

“Your sundress is very pretty. However it is not an appropriate attire for a fancy restaurant.” Ashley lectured.

Anthony gave a knowing chuckle. Then cleared his throat. “I have already taken the liberty and ordered our food. It should arrive momentarily.”

“What is our menu for tonight?” Bailey inquired.

“Herb encrusted pork with sweet potato wedges and a watercress salad.” A waiter answered as he placed a plate in front of her.

“I do however regret to inform you that I have to cut our dinner short so after we eat, we’ll have to get right down to business.” Anthony announced.

Ashley smiled “That isn‘t a problem.”