Until I Met You

Down to business

With dinner done and the table cleared, the pleasant conversation turned into serious business.

“Your cousins are losing money with the magazine and clothing line.” Anthony began. “I can’t stand by while they throw away my money. If they weren’t my own kids I would have fired them by now.” he took the last swig of beer from the bottle. “I made a deal with them. If you and Leigh are willing to help them out and they start making money again then I will continue to support their projects, however should they continue to lose money then I shall take over each company.” he finished with expectant eyes on Ashley and Leigh.

“What exactly are you hiring me for?” Leigh questioned.

Anthony smiled. “You’re an excellent photographer.”

Bailey appeared confused. “Leigh works at Target. She’s not a photographer.”

“I beg to differ. She has done a few photo shoots for me in the past. Although she hasn’t had any formal photography training her eye for it is natural.” Anthony explained.

“So you want Leigh to be a photographer. What did you have in mind for me?”

“Every photographer needs the perfect model.” Anthony laughed. “Besides Leigh seems to be the only one to handle you on shoots.”

Leigh laughed and shook her head as she remembered the photo shoot that Anthony must be talking about. Ashley had been in a mood that day and wouldn’t listen to any direction, until Leigh had stepped in and bribed her. The wonder of sour gummy worms.

“Perhaps even two perfect models?” Kaysee chimed in with a wink.

Anthony tilted his head. “I am sure something could be arranged.” he agreed.

Ashley eyed her uncle. “So, that means if I say yes I have to move.”

“Only to West Chester.” Anthony answered nonchalantly with a shrug.

Bailey perked up “West Chester, Pennsylvania?”

“Yes.”

“I can’t just move, I’ve got responsibilities here.” Ashley sighed.

“Working at the mall in that silly Hot Topic store?” her uncle scoffed.

“That and our apartment. Not to mention I don’t think we even have the money it would take to move.” Ashley explained. “I haven’t modeled in years.” she added

“Of course I would take care of all the arrangements.” Anthony answered. “And just like Leigh you’re a natural model.”

“What about me?” Bailey questioned. “I don’t want to move back in with my parents.”

“I am sorry Bailey,” Anthony shook his head. “but that isn’t my problem.”

“You’re only seventeen. You should be with your parents still.” Kaysee offered her opinion.

Bailey shot Kaysee a glare. “You shouldn’t talk about things you don’t know about.”

“I’ll do it.” Leigh interrupted before a fight could break out.

“Wonderful.” Anthony beamed, his eyes drifting to Ashley.

Feeling all eyes on her and knowing everyone was waiting for an answer Ashley slowly cleared her throat. It was a clear stall for time. “I’m in. After all, what do I have to loose?”

“I knew I could count on you.” Anthony smiled. “I already have a nice house for you. All you have to do is pack.” he placed a set of keys on the table in front of Ashley. “I’m sure two days is more then enough time.”

Leigh laughed. “Two days to pack all our entire apartment and furniture… I’m not sure that’s enough time.”

“You wont need furniture. The house already has all of that.“ Anthony explained.

Ashley turned to Leigh. “What about our lease? It‘s up in another couple months.”

“I will pay until the lease is up. Then whatever is left in the apartment I will have shipped to you.” Anthony sweetened the deal.

“May I continue to stay at the apartment until the lease is up?” Bailey asked.

“I guess that would be up to Ashley and Leigh.” Anthony shrugged.

“I see no reason you couldn’t.” Ashley agreed taking a sip of water.

Leigh laughed. “Sounds like we should start packing.”