Until I Met You

Last Day

Bailey sat on Ashley’s bed flipping through a photo album while Ashley packed. “I was thinking.” she casually started.

“I was wondering why my room was getting hazy.” Ashley paused for a moment and glanced over her shoulder. “I can see the smoke pouring from your ears, your lucky you haven’t set off the smoke detector.”

“Haha.” Bailey closed the album. “Seriously though. I’m on summer vacation.”

Ashley continued packing books. “Point?”

“I could come with you guys,” Bailey stood up. “To West Chester for like a month or so.”

“Oh,” Ashley was caught off guard. “I guess, but you have to talk to your parents first.”

Bailey happily ran from the room. “I’ll call them right now!” she shouted over her shoulder.

Ashley closed the box, labeled it and taped it shut. With a grunt she picked up the box and walked into the living room.

“Why did Bailey run out of here so excitedly?” Leigh questioned looking up from her phone.

“She wants to go to West Chester with us during summer vacation.” Ashley set the box down next to the rest of the boxes ready to go.

“What did you tell her?” Leigh questioned quickly. “Did you tell her she could?” she added with a groan.

“I told her she has to talk to her parent.”

“What happens if they tell her yes?” Leigh demanded.

Ashley shrugged. “She kinda caught me off guard with the whole thing.”

“We’re going to be busy with unpacking and starting new jobs.” Leigh began. “I don’t want to be responsible for her too.”

“I understand.” Ashley nodded “But would things really change that much from how they are now?”

“Learn to say no sometimes, your too nice.”

Ashley batted her eyes. “I can’t help it, I’m a sweetheart.”

“I don’t care if she comes for the summer.” Leigh finally agreed. “However she needs to give us time to settle in.”

“Like two weeks?”

“Sounds good. I’ve cancelled our internet and tv.” Leigh changed the subject.

“Alright, I took care of our forwarding address at the post office yesterday. So the last thing we have to worry about is finishing packing and the moving truck coming today.”

“My room is done. You’re just a slacker.” Leigh teased.

Ashley shrugged. “I am what I am.” she disappeared back into her room.