Until I Met You

Working Girl

Image


As Ashley walked into Hot Topic she heard a whistle. Turing her head in the direction the whistle came from her eyes landed on Kaysee Harris, currently folding shirts. Ashley laughed and did a slow spin "Damn girl you looking fine." Kase whistled again.

Ashley took notice of Kaysee's outfit; a black corset with two rows of hematite tone pyramid studs, bleached spots and lace trim matched with a pair of grey acid wash jeans with a regular rise waist and skinny legs with lime green heels featuring an allover pink horned skull print, a rounded toe with a black bow and a 3 1/2 heel. "Your looking cute too Kase." she winked then continued on her way into the back room.

"Be warned Chuck is on a mission." Kase called out.

Ashley peeked her head back around the corner. "Mission for what?"

"He can’t find a box of band tees."

"What did you do with it?" Ashley accused.

"Me? What makes you think I did something with the box?" Kaysee tried to look innocent.

"Because you always do shit to fuck with him." Ashley had dissapeared once more to hang her purse up.

"I have to do something to make my work day worth showing up for." Kase suddenly appeared behind Ashley.

"Isn’t seeing me everyday worth showing up for?" Ashley pouted.

"Ash, I‘m willing to overlook the fact that your late." Chuck's voice driffted from behind stacks of boxes.

"uh oh" Kase ran from the room.

"If you he....." Chuck had rounded the corner his eyes landed on Ashley and he looked slightly shocked. "lp" he finished.

"Help with what?" she asked as she checked him out; he was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt with black pinstripes, two chest pockets with zipper accents and skull accented buttons down the front, a pair of black skinny denim pants featuring zipper details on the front and removable straps dangling down the back. This was paired with black leather sneakers featuring two white stripes along the sides, white zig-zag stitching and a white skull n' crossbones screen.

"I can't find the box of new band tees that we got in last night." As he spoke his eyes scanned over every inch of her body.

"Look I'm going to be strait with you. I don’t remember much about yesterday."

"Why not?" He questioned her chest.

"Eyes up here Chuck," Ashley taped the bottom of his chin. "Kaysee and I went out the club last night."

"YEAH WE DID." Kase yelled from the show room.

"NO YELLING UP FRONT." Chuck scolded.

"NO YELLING FROM THE BACK." Kaysee retorted.

Chuck hastily walked past Ashley and into the show room a scowl on his face. Ashley followed since she couldn’t stand to miss any of their renowned arguments.

"Can I help you boss?" Kase asked tilting her head to the right.

Chuck‘s eyes zoned in on Kaysee. “Yeah, lose the attitude. I’m in no mood for it today.”

“That’s like telling me not to breath.” She scoffed.

He took a step towards her. “Then I suggest you take very shallow breaths.” He warned in a low voice.

“Or telling customers they can’t buy anything today.” Kase continued. “Or telling a shark not to swim.”

“If a shark stops swimming it’s going to die.” Ashley chimed in.

Kaysee‘s eyes grew wide. “I refuse to force a shark to stop swimming. I’m not going to be responsible for its death on your orders.” She pointed a finger at Chuck.

Chuck shook his head. “Sometimes I wonder why I‘m so nice to you.” He glared.

Kaysee smirked. “Your nicer to Ashley.”

Chuck's whole body tensed up. “Thin ice.” He gruffly warned before disappearing into the back room again.

"Oops I think I went to far again." Kaysee mumbled glancing at Ashley.

"He'll get over it. He's such a drama king." Ashley laughed.

“If you sleep with him again I’m sure it would put him in a better mood.” Kaysee joked.

Ashley rolled her eyes. “When I slept with him I didn’t know he was going to be my new boss.”

Kase nodded and put her hand on Ashley’s shoulder. “Just because he’s your boss doesn’t mean you can’t sleep with him again.”

“The whole thing is very Grey’s Anatomy.” Ashley laughed. “And I don’t mix business with pleasure.”

Kaysee dropped her hand. “Cone on take one for the team. Give him a little kiss. That should at least put him in a better mood.”

“Or you can give him the box of band shirts that you hid.” Ashley winked walking away.

“I don’t negotiate with terrorists!” Kaysee slammed her hand down on the countertop.

Ashley glanced over her shoulder. “Fine. I’ll negotiate and you can deal with the customers.” She flashed a smile before disappearing into the back room.

~~~~~~~~

“So I’ve been thinking its time for a new hair color.” Kaysee sighed leaning against the counter.

“What color?” Ashley questioned turning another page in the magazine in front of her.

Kaysee played with her hair as she tilted her head in contemplation. “Blue.”

Ashley looked up. “Blue?”

“Sure, why not.” Kaysee smiled.

“Why blue?”

“Mostly because we just got a new shipment in.” She laughed.

“That’s a perfectly reasonable reason to pick blue then I suppose.” Ashley returned the magazine to the stack.

“You should help me dye it on break.” Kaysee announced happily.

“Our break is only a half hour.” Ashley pointed out.

“I know.” Kaysee rolled her eyes. “But it’s been dead here all day long. I don’t think taking a little extra time is going to matter.” She smirked.

“Not sure Chuck would agree to that.”

As if on cue Chuck entered the show room. “I can handle the store while you two go on break.”

Kaysee smiled sweetly. “Perfect timing as always.”

Chuck stepped behind the counter. “You can stop trying to suck up to me. Its just creepy.”

Kaysee nudged Ashley as she walked past. “So?”

“All right. Lets get this hair mission started.” Ashley agreed.

“Hair mission?” Chuck questioned in confusion.

“I’m going blue.” Kaysee explained running to the hair dye. She grabbed a bottle and returned to the register.

“Are you sure one bottle is going to cover it?” Chuck scanned it.

“I guess we’ll see.” Kaysee handed him a ten dollar bill. “Let’s go.“ She grabbed Ashley’s hand and pulled her into the back room.

“Want your change?” Chuck called after them.

He never got an answer because the girls were already in the employee bathroom taking the dye out of the box.