Until I Met You

Working Girl part 2

Image


Bailey strolled into Hot Topic at 3:30, her friend Karie following closely behind. They checked out the merchandise as they walked to the counter. “This is super cute.” Bailey pointed at a plain black skirt.

Karie rolled her eyes. “You have a ton of black skirts.”

Bailey ignored her since they were standing at the counter. "Kaysee, love the blue."

"Thanks.” Kaysee shrugged. “I was bored with plain black hair."

"When did you get it done?" Karie asked leaning against the checkout counter.

"Ashley helped me do it on our lunch break."

“Isn’t your lunch break only a half hour?” Karie inquired.

“Yep.” Kase winked with a sly smile. “We may have taken a bit longer today. It‘s always pretty dead until school lets out.”

“So, why did you only do the front half?” Karie asked in confusion.

Kaysee handed change back to the customer and turned to face the girls. “Because I only grabbed one bottle.”

“Just seems strange to only do the front half.” Karie shrugged.

Kaysee laughed. “It’s just hair.”

Bailey bored with the conversation began looking around the store. “Where is Ashley?” She interrupted the hair discussion.

"In the back room somewhere." Kaysee informed them with a wave. She then turned her attention to the newly impatient customer at the counter.

Bailey and Karie strolled to the back of the store and into the back room. They found Ashley sitting on Chuck's desk her cell phone next to her ear.

"What are you two doing back here?" Chuck questioned walking up behind them.

"We came to see her, duh." Karie pointed at Ashley who was just hanging up her phone.

"I really need to make some new rules around here." He sighed in defeat. Walking over to his desk, he pulled his chair out from under Ashley's feet and sat down.

"So. Who were you talking to?" Bailey inquired.

Ashley smiled. "My mom."

"What did she have to say?"

"My uncle Anthony is in town for a week and wants to see me."

"The god father?" Bailey's eyes grew wide.

"God father?” Chuck laughs. “What?”

"It’s his nickname. Not only is he my actual god father but he also happens to be a very good business man.“ Ashley explains.

“He’s rich.” Bailey added.

"He's not just rich. He's super rich," Kaysee strolled into the room. "He flew Ashley and me out to his vacation house in Hawaii because we wanted to spend the weekend at the beach."

Chuck looked interested. "Really?"

"It wasn’t that big of a deal. I had to work while I was there." Ashley waved her hand in dismissal.

“I hardly call being a model working.” Kase scoffed. “What about the time we wanted to go shopping so he flew us to Paris?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

Ashley shrugged. “It was fashion week and he needed models.”

"Or when we wanted to go to a Green Day concert that was sold out so he made some calls and got us the VIP treatment." Bailey chimed in.

Ashley began to blush. “He knows how much I love Green Day.”

"How about when we wanted to see the new Harry Potter movie so he flew us to the premiere and we got to hang out with the cast." Karie added.

By this point Ashley was beginning to feel embarrassed. “It was really more of a birthday gift to you.”

"Ashley," Chuck placed a hand on her knee. "We need to hang out more." He winked.

"Chuck," Ashley placed her hand on top of his and leaned in close to whisper in his ear. "You’re cute but your not that cute." She pushed his hand from her knee.

"Please. We all know you two have bumped uglies." Kaysee placed her hands on her hips.

Chuck slammed his hand on the desk and turned glaring at Kase. "Who's out in the show room?"

Kaysee grabbed Bailey and shoved her into the show room. "Bailey is."

"Bailey doesn’t work here." He declared standing up.

"Maybe you should hire her.” Kaysee smiled. “She's here all the time and she knows all the products." She finished with a nod.

“She is looking for a job.” Ashley interjected.

"Alright.” Chuck smirked walking towards Kaysee. “She can have your job Kaysee."

Kaysee opened her mouth to argue but instead she closed it in a tight line and turned around. Walking out of the room she shoved Bailey back in as she walked past her.

"I'm not a play thing to be pushed around!" Bailey remarked shaking her fist in the air.

“We have work to do.” Chuck announced slowly strolling out of the room.

Ashley hopped off the desk. “You guys should go.”

“Yeah. We’ll come back at five when you’re done.” Bailey agreed pulling Karie’s arm.

“I could use something to eat.” Karie nodded.

Ashley waved good bye to them as they exited the store. Glancing over her shoulder she spied Chuck staring from the back of the store. With a rush of anxiously she began to fold the shirts on the table in front of her.