Until I Met You

Rough Morning

Ashley’s alarm clock went off at 7:00 am; she sat up quickly but discovered the quick movement made her head pound with every beat of her heart. “Son of a bitch.” She cried holding her head in her hands and falling back to the bed.

“See what happens when you stay out all night drinking.” Bailey stated from Ashley’s doorway.

“Shut up.” Ashley mumbled an almost inaudibility.

Bailey walked into the room holding out a glass of water and three asprin. “Here.”

Ashley took the glass and pills without complaint.

Bailey turned the alarm off. “Should I call Chuck for you?”

“I’m fine.” Ashley gave the empty glass back to Bailey.

“The bathroom is ready for you.” Bailey stated over her shoulder as she walked out of Ashley’s room.

With a groan Ashley climbed out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom for a quick shower. She reapeared with her hair pulled back in a very messy bun, a plain white tank top with a pair of dark blue jeans with holes in the knees.

“I see you don’t care what you look like today” Karie teased.

“If she didn’t care she would wear a paper bag and still make it look good.” Bailey sat at the table with a bowl of cereal.

“Coffee” Ashley groaned ignoring her friends.

“Here,” Bailey held up a travel mug. “It’s already for you to go.”

Ashley offered a slight smile. “Thanks.”

“You better leave or your going to be late.” Karie warned.

“I’m gone as soon as I find my keys.” Ashley stated as she looked around for her keys and took a sip of coffee.

“Your keys are back in your purse which is hanging next to the front door,” Bailey explained in between bites of her cereal. “AND DON’T FORGET TO MOVE YOUR SEAT BACK.” she yelled as Ashley was on her way out the door.