Until I Met You

Awkward Conversation

Ashley kept her eyes on the floor as she entered Hot Topic.

Chuck was at the counter. “You’re late.” he scowled.

“I know.” She groaned scurrying past him into the backroom.

She found Kaysee sitting in a chair eyes closed and feet up on Chuck’s desk.

“Long time no see.” Ashley said hanging her purse up.

“Shhhh,” Kase groaned. “You’re to loud.”

Ashley took a seat next to her friend, setting her head on Kaysee’s shoulder. Chuck walked into the room slamming the door behind him. The loud noise made both women grab their heads with their hands and spit cuss words out.

“You two are not allowed to go out to the club when you have to work in the morning.” He stated arms over his chest.

Kaysee shot him an irritated look. “You can’t tell us what to do with our free time.”

“When it effects your work I can.”

“You can make a suggestion that we will take under consideration but other then that you have no power.” She argued.

“I have the power to fire you.” Chuck shot out.

Kase stood up. “Are you firing me?” She challenged.

“Kaysee hit the main floor I would like to have a word with Ashley alone.” Chuck commanded his thumb pointing over his shoulder at the closed door.

Kaysee didn’t make a move until Ashley gave her a slight almost unnoticeable head nod. Kaysee stood and walked out of the room leaving the door open behind her hoping that she would be able to hear the conversation.

Chuck closed the door before sitting in the chair that Kaysee had been in moments beforehand.

“So what do you want to talk to me about?” She asks casually.

“Kaysee.” He answered with a sigh.

“You want to talk to me about Kaysee?” She repeated slowly.

“I know you two are really good friends…” He began slowly.

“She’s one of my best friends.” Ashley interrupted.

“But I think she’s a bad influence on you.” Chuck finished.

“A bad influence on me. What makes you think that?”

“Since you two started hanging out after work you’ve been drinking more then normal.”

“I’m 21 so yeah I’m going to drink, and her being my friend has nothing to do with it.” Ashley stated defensibly. “Besides that you have no basis on how much I drank before I started hanging out with Kase.”

“When you started working here you were never late.” He pointed out.

“We met in a club.”

He sighed. “All I’m saying is that maybe you two shouldn’t hang out so much.”

“Chuck,” Ashley spoke gently. “Are you sure this is really about me hanging out with Kaysee?”

“Of course this is about you hanging out with Kaysee.” Chuck rolled his eyes. “What else would it be about?”

“The fact that we kinda dated and you still want me.”

Chuck looked like a deer in headlights. “I… Uh… as your boss it would be inappropriate for us to date.”

“Perhaps it was inappropriate for you to become my boss, considering our history.”

“Ashley,” Chuck sighed rubbing his face with his hands. “I don’t think we should have this conversation at work.”

“Fine, I think you are overstepping your boundaries as my boss by telling me who I should hangout with.” She stood. “I’ve got work to do.” She walked out of the room slamming the door behind her, giving more ammo to her headache.