The Best Job Ever.

Chapter Twelve.

Chapter 12:

Sophie invited Beau over, and we all decided on a lazy day watching movies.

We were currently watching Beauty and the Beast, one of my childhood favorites.

I knew it almost by heart, and I made sure to quote all of the lines I knew.

Brandon and Sophie were on the couch and Beau and I were on the floor.

Beau had never seen this movie, so he was really watching it.

I'm pretty sure Brandon was half asleep, but that's okay.

We kissed and made up earlier, literally.

He wasn’t very happy that Beau was coming over, but he got over it pretty fast.

"No! Turn around! You have to turn around! Belle loves you! You can’t die!" Beau yelled at the TV as Gaston tried to stab the Beast.

I looked back at Sophie and silently laughed at him.

"I hear you two laughing at me. Don’t try to hide it." He said throwing popcorn at us.

"You have to clean that up, you know." I said using the pillow I was holding as a shield.

"I'd make sure you clean the couch extra well, wouldn’t want popcorn getting in all the wrong places when you two go at it the next time." Brandon laughed.

"Shut up, Suttsy!" Beau laughed.

"You two can get started on that, because we need to get ready for our meeting." I said getting up and patting Brandon's stomach.

"Shit. We're gonna have to stop at my place. I didn’t think to bring clothes." He said scratching the back of his head.

"It's okay. I just have to throw on something and straightened my hair." I said motioning to the shirt of Brandon's that I had on.

That was another reason why Brandon was upset Beau was over: my clothing choice.

But, in my defense, I didn’t know he was coming over...

Oh well, he got over it.

I ran into my room threw on some skinny jeans, a large vintage sweater and my Ugg boots before straightening my hair.

I ran back out to the living a short 15 minutes later.

"Damn. That has to be some kind of girl record." Beau said from the couch. He was lying on top of Sophia with his arms around her.

"Okay, when I said to get a start, I meant after we left!" I said making a face.

"We're just laying here. We'll wait, don’t worry." Sophie laughed, playing with Beau's hair.

"Ooo! Soph, James invited me to sit up in the box with him tomorrow, do you wanna come?" I asked grabbing my phone and purse.

"Shhhyeah! Am I allowed??" She asked.

"Yeah! James will tell them our names and we just have to show our drivers licenses and they'll give us passes. It's great." I said heading to the door.

"Well, I'll see you guys in a little bit. Byeee!" I said opening the door to leave.

"Hey, Anna, aren’t you forgetting something?" Beau asked making me turn around.

"Hi, honey." Brandon said waving from the couch.

"Shit. I forgot about youuu! Come on, babe." I said smacking my forehead.

Brandon laughed and followed me out the door.

***

We went to Brandon's house and he threw on a pair of dark khakis and a black V-neck shirt. And now we're walking up to Dan Bylsma's office in Consol.

"God, what if they say no? You've met my parents. I have to work with your line. They can't say
nooo." I said semi freaking out.

"Calm down, it'll be okay." He laughed.

We walked up to Dan's office and Brandon knocked on the door. He opened it and popped his head in.

"Hi gentlemen." He said opening the door.

We walked in and shook everyone's hand before sitting down.

They were all seated around a table facing us.

"Well, I guess there's no use beating around the bush; we all know why we're here." Mario said, looking around the table.

He was seated in-between Dan and Ray.

"Yes, sir. We do." Brandon chuckled.

"Andy has brought to our attention that there is a relationship between you and Miss Jones. Am I correct?" Mario asked looking down at a piece of paper in front of him.

"Yes, sir." Brandon answered.

"Now, I personally don't care about our players personal life’s, but our PR people do. So, that means that I have to." He said.

"I also care how it's going to affect your playing Brandon, and your work Annabelle." Ray spoke up.

"That's what makes it tricky, the fact that you also work for us." Mario said looking at me.

"Our PR people have a little contract like document that they require all girlfriends and/or wives of our players to sign. It basically just says that if things turn sour that you're not allowed to reveal any personal information of the player to the press, as it could make the organization look bad as well. Here, you can give it a quick scan before you sign it." Rat said slipping a piece of paper and a pen in front of me.

I quickly scanned the document and signed it. It was just a wordy version of what Ray had just told us.

"We had a little meeting before you two joined us, and decided that we're going to allow this relationship. But, there are going to be some schedule changes for you, Annabelle. For practices and morning skates, you will only work with the injured players. And you will now be working with the first and second lines. So, I'd say if you haven’t talked to Sid, Kuni or Dupers, that now is the time." Mario smiled.

"Andy didn’t want you to work away games when I talked to him about it, but I thought that that wouldn’t be fair to cut your hours. Plus, road trips are where you bond with the team." Dan said.

"So I'm still on my same schedule, I just don’t have healthy player contact at practices and I work with the first and second lines instead of third and fourth?" I asked.

"That's correct, Miss Jones." Ray said.

"Do you have any questions or concerns, before we called this meeting closed?" Mario asked.

"Actually, I do." Brandon said. "Before we had this little meeting, it was right after Anna brought this to Andy's attention, he kind of threatened her position."

"Threatened is a big strong, Brandon." I spoke up. "He was just giving me a hard time."

"Threatened or not, he has absolutely no power to fire you, that's my job. Not his." Mario said.

"I guess I'm just saying that I'm worried about him." Brandon said.

"There's no need to. And if he does bother you, you come and say something, okay Anna?" Dan said.

"Yes, sir." I said.

"We're a family here; and you're a part of that family. We'll take care of you." Mario said smiling.

"Thanks sir." I smiled back.

"Alright, then, I think we're all done here. Go enjoy the rest of the day. We'll see you back here tomorrow." Ray said smiling.

They all stood up and shook our hands and then we left.

As soon as the door closed behind us, I almost tacked Brandon, kissing him hard on the mouth.

He pulled away.

"Dinner to celebrate?" He smiled.

"Yes. Definitely." I said.

***

We were going to go out and eat at a fancy restaurant but, when we got to my place, I decided that pizza and some beer with Soph and Beau was good enough for me.

The boys left to go get the food and booze, which left me and Sophie some time to talk.

"So, did you guys talk?" I asked leaning against our island across from her.

"Yes, we did actually." She smiled.

"Anddd???" I asked, leaning closer.

"I am officially his girlfriend." She smiled.

"See! I told you! Tell me moreee!" I said.

"Well, you guys left and we finished watching Beauty and the Beast, which was hilarious with him.

Then after it was he moved up on the couch next to me and said that he wanted to talk. Which scared the shit out of me." She said.

"I can only imagine!" I said.

"So I let him talk. He said that he really, really liked me, and that it's never been this way with another girl. To be honest, I thought he was gonna cut me off, Anna." She said.

"Wow, this kid needs to work on his techniques!" I laughed.

"For real!" She giggled.

"But, anyways, he went on to say that he's never really been in a committed relationship, just one night stands and open relationships like this one. When he said that it made me mad at first, and
then I realized that I did go out with Jordan, so I pushed it to the side. But, then, he got all nervous and stuttered, and said that, if it was okay with me, if he could call me his girlfriend." She smiled.

"Oh my goddd. He's adorable!" I laughed.

"I know. And he's mineee." She laughed.

"It kinda surprises me that he's never been in a real relationship, but then again it doesn’t..." I said.

"Same. He's sooo good to me; I don’t see how girls don’t want to stick around." She said.

"Maybe it wasn’t them that didn’t want to stick around." I said.

"Trueee. Now, are you going to tell me what this morning was about, missy? Because you two were more awkward than a turtle on its back." She said looking at me.

I busted out laughing.

"This is why I love you!" I laughed.

"I try." She laughed, shrugging.

"Okay, well this morning. It was really about what happened last night." I said.

"At Geno's party?" She asked.

"Yeah. I got reallllyyyy drunk..." I said.

"Well, I knew that, you didn’t roll out of bed until 12, and you looked a mess and half when you came out." She laughed.

"Thanks, Soph." I said making a face at her.

"Well, what happened?" She asked.

"Brandon went off with Joey V, Brooksy, and Tanner when we first got there, so I went off to look for you and Beau. I found him in the kitchen doing shots with Geno, Olli Maatta, and Jayson Megna." I said.

I wasn’t going to tell her that I had told Beau that I'd be his date for the night.

They had kissed and made up. I didn’t want her to be mad at him, or me for that matter.

"Oh god. What a crew! I can see where this is leading." She chuckled.

"Beau was down about you not being there, so Geno was trying to cheer him up with shots. Geno called me over when he saw me and offered me one. Beau was like 'I bet you can’t handle tequila as your shot'" I said mocking his voice.

"And I was like ‘hell yes I can!’ And 4 or 5 shots of tequila, I was totally wasted and sloppily dancing with Jayson." I said.

"And Brandon saw you." She said.

"And Brandon saw me." I nodded.

"As soon as I saw him, I pulled away from Jayson and ran after him, but he was pissed. And we kinda yelled at each other in Geno's yard, and then semi-kissed and made up. And then this morning, I didn’t remember much of anything. Sooo, I apologized like 100 times and we had makeup sex in the shower." I said.

"Makeup sex is the best sex." Sophie smiled.

"Truuue. But, to be honest, any kind of sex with Brandon is the best kind of sex." I laughed.

"It's because he's a hockey player. I've heard people say hockey players are the best, and let me tell youuu. They were right!" Sophie laughed.

"Mmm, I know. I don’t know why I waited so long..." I said.

"I knowww. You guys waited forever!" Sophie laughed.

"I really care about him. I wanted to do it right. That was the first time we really did it." I said.

"First time sex and makeup sex?! How did you not explode?!" She laughed.

"We went at it multiple times, trust me, I thought I was going to." I laughed.

"Hmmm, I thought only guys talked about their sex stories. I guess I was wrong, Suttsy." Beau laughed as he walked into the kitchen with the pizza.

Brandon followed behind him with the beer.

"I guess we were both wrong, 'cause I thought the same thing." Brandon said.

I could feel the blush rushing to my cheeks as I hid my face behind my hands.

I wonder how much they heard...

"Shut up, jerks, and get your asses over with the food and booze! I'm starvinggg." Sophie said reaching for the pizza.

Brandon walked over to my side of the island and put the beer down next to me. Then he moved
behind me and wrapped his arms around me, moving his lips to my ear.

"I'm up for round 4 or 5 later, if you are." He whispered, kissing my neck.

I giggled and blushed all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I normally update on Mondays...but I finished early and wanted to post this!
Also, I'm like a good chapter ahead in writing, so I'm ahead of schedule!
Anyways, hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks for reading!
-Alli<3