The Best Job Ever.

Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning with one of Brandon's arms draped over me.

Then the events of last night hit me.

Brandon got drunk last night.

Which is a first.

He almost never drinks or, when he does, has two beers max.

Except for last night.

He got drunk and I stayed semi sober, and we had mind blowingly good drunk sex.

Mmm. I think I might be addicted to this man...

I crawled out of bed and threw on a shirt of Brandon's that was lying around and went out to the kitchen.

Brandon and Beau were going to have to go to their morning skate soon, so I figured I'd go make them some breakfast.

But, Beau beat me to it.

"Hey, Beau-Beau." I said yawning as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hi, Anna." He said flipping a pancake over.

"You know, I never saw you as the screaming type." He said over his shoulder.

"Shut up Beau. I am hung over and tired. I have zero patience for your shit." I said rubbing my eyes as I sat down at the island.

"Maybe if you two didn’t go at it all night, you wouldn’t be tired." He laughed.

I grabbed the closest thing to me, which happened to be an empty beer can from the previous night and chucked it at his head.
It hit him in the back.

"Whoa, hey now!" He said turning around with his hands up.

"Zero patience. And don’t act like we don’t have to put up with you two little rabbits." I said.

"But, I'm not embarrassed by it. And you are sooo much fun to tease." He laughed.

"Ha. Ha. I'm so glad I amuse you." I said standing up.

"I was gonna make you guys breakfast, but it seems like you have that under control. I'm just gonna go wake Bran up then." I said turning to leave.

"Round 6?" Beau hollered after me.

"Fuck off!" I hollered back.

I padded of to my room and went in.

Brandon was lying on his stomach, softly snoring. He was stark naked, the blanket only covering his back, leaving his butt out in the open.

It was a nice view.

All of his work outs have given him a terrific ass.

I crawled into bed and crawled on top of him, sitting just above his butt.

He groaned.

I leaned forward and kissed his back, moving towards his neck.

"Get up sleepy head." I said against his skin.

"I am." He groaned.

I continued to kiss and nip his exposed skin.

"Beau's making breakfast and you need to get up for your morning skate." I said.

"Well, you're on me, how am I supposed to get up?" He said into his pillow.

I kissed him one more time under his jaw and slide off of him, sitting Indian style next to him on the bed.

"You're enjoying the view of my ass, aren’t you?" He asked.

"Hmm? What?" I asked being pulled from my thoughts.

"That's a yes." He said sitting up and wrapping the blanket around his lower half.

"A yes to what?" I asked scooting closer to him.

He stretched and rubbed his eyes.

"You were enjoying the view." He said scratching his head.

"Mmm, I sure was. You have such a nice ass." I said moving even closer to him.

"So do you." He smirked.

I blushed.

"Mmm, I love making you blush." He said stroking my cheek.

"And I hate it when you make me blush." I said pushing him hard.

He fell off the bed and pulled me with him to the floor.

"Brandon!" I squealed.

I landed on top of him, in a jumbled mess of blankets and body parts.

"I hate you." I said.

Our faces were just inches apart.

"You love me." He said smirking.

"You can’t prove it." I smirked back.

He pulled my face closer to his and kissed me.

After a while, I pulled back.

"Okay, maybe I do love you." I smirked.

"Told you." He said pecking me one more time on the lips.

"Here, lemme up." He said slapping my ass.

I smacked his chest in protest and got up.

He found his boxers and threw on a pair of pajama bottoms before going off to the bathroom.

He popped his head back in a few minutes later.

"You coming?" He asked.

"Mhmm." I smiled and got up, joining him.

We walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, can you go get Soph up?" Beau asked.

"Sure." I said turning around to head towards her room.

I reached her door and pushed it open.

"Hey, Bitch! Get up! Beau-Beau made breakfast!" I said smacking her with a pillow.

She groaned and rolled over.

I grabbed her blankets and ripped them off of her.

"Bitch!" She yelled at me.

"Soph, get up. You have to go to work soon. You need to shower and stuff." I said, going to her bedside lamp and turning it on.

"I don’t wanna." She said covering her face.

"Too baddd." I laughed.

"Get up! Don’t make me come back." I said leaving the room.

I walked back into the kitchen and found the boys eating already. Beau was on his phone and Brandon
was reading the newspaper.

I walked past him and ran my fingers through his hair on my way to the coffee pot.

I poured myself a cup and then sat in between the boys, grabbing a few pancakes.

"Is she up?" Beau asked.

"Yes, bitches. I'm up." She groaned walking straight to the coffee pot.

We all laughed at her.

***

The boys had practice, and Sophie had to see some clients at the gym, so that left me with absolutely
nothing to do.

So, I decided to go to the grocery store to replenish our extremely low food supply.

I was in the meat section of our Giant Eagle examining some ground meat, when I noticed someone watching me.

"Annabelle Jones, is that you?" The person said when I started to look over.

Ms. Clare, one of my Kinesiology professors, was standing about 5 feet away from me.

"Ms. Clare! Oh my god! Hi!" I said running up to her.

She was one of my favorite professors and always kept my ass in line in college.

"Oh my goodness, come here honey! She said pulling me into a hug.

"How have you been? Have you found a job yet?" She asked.

"I've been doing great! And yes! I'm working on the training staff for the Penguins." I said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Oh, is that like a baseball team or something?" She asked.

"The Pittsburgh Penguins? The hockey team? You know, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin?" I said.

"Ohhh! Oh my! Well, for being fresh out of college, that's quite the accomplishment, my dear." She said smiling at me.

"Oh, I know." I laughed.

"And how is your roommate...Sophia, is it? Do you still have contact with her?" She asked.

"Me and Soph still have an apartment together, actually! She works at a gym downtown. She loves it." I said smiling.

"Oh, well that's fantastic as well. You two were two of my favorite students. They don’t come like you
guys anymore." She chuckled.

"I'm sure." I laughed.

"Well, I'll let you get back to your shopping. It's nice to hear you're doing well. If you ever need me, you know how to reach me dear." She said putting her hand on my arm.

"Thank you, Ms. Clare. It was so nice seeing you!" I said as she walked away.

I finished my shopping and went to check out.

When I got to the check out, I noticed another familiar face.

"Jess! Hey!" I said walking into her line.

"Anna! Hi! How have you been? It's been what, like 2 months?" She said.

"Almost. I'm doing really well. How's Mattie's?" I asked.

"I quit right after you left. I got an internship with an engineering company and Barb just couldn’t work around my schedule, so now I work here!" She said gesturing to the cash register.

"Ooo, fun fun." I laughed.

"Yeah. But tell how your jobs going. You work for a hockey team, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, the Pens!" I said.

"Are you serious?! I thought you worked for a college team or something. The Pens?! Do you like know the players and stuff?" She asked.

"Yeah! Actually...I'm dating one." I whispered leaning over to her.

"Anna, are you pulling my leg right now? Are you serious?" She said.

"Dead serious. Look!" I said taking out my phone and showing her my lock screen.

It was of me, Harper, and Brandon from Halloween.

"Oh my god! Brandon Sutter?!" She said, stopping checking out my food.

"Yes. Brandon Sutter." I said smiling looking at my phone.

I really do love this picture of us.

"Oh my god, Anna. You are living my dream!" She said bagging up the last of my stuff.

"Trust me; I'm living my dream, too." I laughed.

"Anna, we have to do something soon. We can invite Emily, too!" She said.

"Yes! Soon. Text me sometime, and we can plan something around my crazy ass schedule!" I said walking away.

"Bye!"

I loaded up the car and headed home.

***

Normally Brandon just takes a pre-game nap on game days but, today, I talked him into taking a bubble bath with me.

He was seated behind me, with his legs bent because he was too tall for my bathtub. I was seated between them with my back pressed up against his stomach. He had his arms wrapped around me with my hands in his, playing with them.

We told each other stories; all kinds of stories.

I told him how my day was and how I ran into Ms. Clare and Jessica.

He told me about how him and Tanger tried to hide Fleury's clothes before he made it down into the locker room, and how Marc ended up casing them all the way back to the ice.

That story lead to sibling pranks, which lead to family talk.

"So, what are you going to do for Thanksgiving?" He asked, placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Well...this is what I was thinking. I was just gonna go home to my parents for Thanksgiving, and then for Christmas, when we have more time, we can go visit your parents. If that's alright with you..." I said.

"That's fine with me. I guess it's a good time to tell you something." He smiled.

"Um, a good something?" I said turning slightly to face him.

“Yes. My dad, mom, sister, and brother are coming to visit later this month." He said.

"Oh..." I said.

"They're gonna be here for the game against the Predators and then they're going to go to the Devil's game and then leave." He said.

"Oh, that's cool." I smiled.

I turned around in the tub, wrapping my legs around him and resting my head against his chest.

"Brooke's super excited to meet you." He said, pulling his chin on the
top of my head.

"I'm super excited to meet her, too." I chuckled.

"Is Merrick not?" I laughed.

"Merr could probably care less." He laughed.

"We were super close when we were younger, but then he left for college and I started my hockey adventures." He said.

"Oh...I'm sorry." I said looking up at him.

"It's okay. We're okay. It's not like we don’t talk at all, you know?" He said.

"True." I smiled.

"But, anyways, I was on the phone with Brooke the other day, and she literally made me tell her
everything about you." He chuckled.

"I wish I had a sister." I frowned.

"I mean, I have Soph, and Van, and Liz, but I feel like a sister is totally different. And you can only tell your brothers so much. I tried talking to Sean about you, but he was only worried about if we had sex or not so he could tease me. And Jed's all like I'm 25 and have my life put together with a wife and kid. So, I can’t talk to him either." I almost ranted.

"I'm sure. I couldn’t imagine having two sisters and not having a guy to go to." He said.

"But, you can always take Brooke. Me and Merr tried selling her when we were little." He laughed.

"You're cute." I said leaning up and kissing him.

"I know." He said against my lips.

***

We took a little nap after we finally got out of the tub.

Brandon woke me up about an hour before we had to leave.

But, things got a little hot and heavy, and then Sophie had to barge in just as I was goin down on Brandon... it was just embarrassing.

But, now, I'm running around my room trying to find something to wear.

I could wear my Kuni jersey, but I wore that last game I was off. Or my Sutter shirt. Or one of my dad's ollldddd Penguin sweatshirts.

It looked super vintage, and I think I'm feeling like a hipster today.

I decided on the sweatshirt, tights, and my combat boots.

I threw my hair into a loose braid and threw on a sparkly beanie, and I was ready to go.

I was in front of the mirror throwing on some light makeup when Brandon came up behind me and pressed himself against my back.

"You look hot." He said in my ear, slapping my ass.

"Brandon!" I squeaked. I turned around to smack him, but he ran out of my room.

"I hate you!" I yelled after him.

"Come on, babe! I'm gonna be late!" He yelled back.

I walked out towards the door to find Sophie actually ready.

"Wow. You're actually ready on time!" I teased.

"And this is for smacking my ass." I said smacking Brandon's arm.

"Let's gooo." He laughed, grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

***

James got us into the private box and said he was waiting for us up there.

But, before we ran up to it, Sophie wanted to walk all the way down to the ice to take pictures.

By the time we got down there and took pictures, the cadence signaling that the boys were coming out to warm up started playing.

"We might as well stay and watch them." She shrugged.

"Sure." I laughed. They skated out moments later.

They all began stretching and light skating around their half of the ice.

Tanner Glass was the first to recognize us.

I only knew this because he fired a puck directly at the glass in front of us.

But that was all it took for all of them.

Suddenly they all fired their pucks right at the glass and then skated after them laughing.

We were standing just to the left of the net.

Tanner skated over to in front of us and stopped.

“A-Jooones!” He hollered through the glass and the people.

“T-Glaaass!” I hollered back, laughing.

“I thought you guys were up in the box?” He yelled, pointing up.

“Yupp, we are!” I hollered, nodding and showing him my camera.

Then Brandon came and lightly knocked him into the boards.

He said something to Tanner and started skating away backwards.

He gave me a subtle wave and a wink.

I laughed and blew him a kiss.

“Oh my god! He winked at me! That number 16 guy winked at me!” A girl a row behind us said to her friend.

I looked at Sophie, and she looked at me.

We both busted out laughing at the same time and turned to walk away.

“Brandon will definitely get a kick out of that one, won’t he?” Sophia laughed.

“Oh, for sure!” I giggled.

“Do you ever forget that you’re with a famous and really attractive hockey player?” Sophie asked as we were climbing up the steps to the private box.

“Oh, all the time.” I laughed. “I forget that there are tons of other girls drooling all over him, too.”

“Same.” She said.

“Nealer!” I yelled running up to James.

He was leaning up against the wall, on his phone.

He looked up when I yelled his name and smiled at me.

“Hey, babe.” He said hugging me as I slammed into him.

“Is this the famous Sophia that Sunshine goes on and on about?” he said pulling away from me.

“Yeah; this Sophie. Soph, this is James.” I said smiling at her.

They shook hands and James walked us into the box.

“Holy hell.”Sophia said. “Screw glass seats. I wanna sit up here every game.”

“Usually some of the WAGs are up here, but I don’t think any are coming tonight, or they’re sitting down lower.” James said.

“I forgot that I’m one of those now…” Sophie said.

“Yeah! You are!” I laughed.

***

“Two goals in two games?” I said as I almost tackled Brandon after the game.

He picked me up and spun me around, like he does after every game they win.

“I think it was the sex and the bath time this afternoon.” He whispered in my ear, setting me down.

“We can make that a pregame ritual.” I said biting my lip.

He smirked down at me and then took off, pulling me in tow, just like a little kid.

“Hey, everyone’s going out to celebrate, you guys coming?” Beau asked as we ran past him.

We stopped, and I stood behind Brandon.

He looked back at me and then back to Beau.

“Ehh, nahh. I think we’re gonna spend tonight in.” he said smirking and looking back at me.

I couldn’t help the blush that rushed to my cheeks.

“Oh. I see.” He said wiggling his eyebrows at us before disappearing back into the locker room.

Brandon turned around and looked at me.

I giggled and took off running towards the exit to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO, I know I said I was going to update every Monday...but I think I'm going to change it to updating whenever. But, I'm going to promise one chapter a week.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I had so much fun writing this one. :)
Thank you for reading!

-Alli<3