The Best Job Ever.

Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter 17

I was woken up the next morning by sweet, little kisses on my neck.

“Mmm. Good morning.” I said rolling over and cuddling into Brandon’s chest.

“Good morning.” He chuckled.

“Mmm. What time is it?” I mumbled into his chest.

“A little after 6. I have to get up soon. I wanna get my workout in before we watch tape so we can spend more time with your family.” He said rubbing my bare back.

“Orrr, we could stay in bed longerrr…” I said sitting up and moving to straddle him.

“Oh, that kind of longer.” He laughed, moving his hands to my hips.

“Mhmm.” I giggled, biting my lip and moving my hips slightly.

He smirked up at me.

“You’re twisting my arm, you know.” He whispered into my ear after sitting up and pulling me closer to him.

“I can tell.” I said kissing his neck.

He pushed me back, hard against the bed.

I was already naked from the night before.

I felt his eyes sweeping over my naked body.

He hovered over me, kissing just about everywhere; my lips, my neck, my chest. He trailed kisses over my breasts, lightly sucking on my nipples, and then continuing down my body. He made it to my hips, where he stuck his tongue out, lightly dragging it across my skin. His movements left my skin on fire and wanting more.

He continued to move downward.

He looked up at me while sucking on one of his fingers, before slipping it into me, taking his mouth to the same spot.

“Oh my god.” I moaned as he started working his finger and tongue together.

***

Not too much later, I was completely spent from our activities.

I was lying on his bare chest, still feeling some of the effects.

“Wow.” I said, drawing my fingers across his skin.

He chuckled.

“I haven’t done that since the summer of my senior year.” I said.

“Oh?” He said.

“Yeah. We all went to the beach for a week and got wasted pretty much every night. Which,
of course led to me waking up with guys in my bed and sometimes even girls.” I said whispering the last part.

“What?” He said shooting up slightly.

“What?” I asked sitting up next to him.

I wrapped part of the blanket around my chest, covering ‘the girls’.

“Did you just hint that you’ve had threesomes?” He asked.

“Maybe…” I said looking down.

“Wow, that’s reallyyy hot.” He said pulling me closer and kissing me hard on the mouth,
leaving me breathless as he pulled away.

“Is it? What is it with guys and like girl-on-girl action?” I said trying to hide the smirk and blush on my face.

“Extremely. And I’m not sure; I’ve always found it hot… But, I couldn’t imagine sharing you, or you screaming anyone else’s name.” He breathed against the skin of my neck.

“It’s okay; your name is my favorite to scream.” I whispered into his hair.

“I don’t not scream…do I?” I asked a few moments later.

“No, but you do get loud.” He said, smirking.

“Ooo, you’re lucky that you’re so damn good looking or I’d smack that smirk right off your face.” I threatened jokingly, pinching his cheek.

“I know.” He said pecking me on the lips before hopping out of bed.

He walked over to his dresser and picked up his phone.

He was stark naked, so I layed on the bed and enjoyed what was mine.

His toned arms, his firm chest and the slight outline of his present but not overly defined abs, his v-lines that literally turned my brain to mush, as well as his dick, which was not but certainly not small and was still slightly hard from our recent activities, his perfect ass, and his toned legs.

I most definitely was enjoying my view.

“Are you going to join me?” He asked setting his phone down and leaning against the dresser.

“What?” I asked, being pulled from my thoughts.

“Are you going to join me in the shower?” He asked smirking.

“I mean, if you want…” I said, starting to get up.

“I mean, it would totally save water.” He laughed.

“Totally.” I giggled, walking past him and into the bathroom.

He turned on the water while I quickly washed my face.

I heard the shower curtain move and him get in,

I walked over and got in front of him.

He adjusted the shower head so that it wasn’t hitting me directly.

He reached behind me, making sure to press himself up against me, to grab his shampoo.

We never kept each other’s shower supplies at one another’s house, so when Brandon showered at my place he smelled like coconut and when I showered at his house I smelled like him.

Not that I don’t like smelling like him.

I held open my hands and waited for him to squeeze some into my hands.

“Do you think our parents are going to like each other?” He asked while he began shampooing his hair.

“I sure hope so.” I answered. “I know for a fact that Connie is going to like my mom. I’m just worried about our dads. Sean will like Merr; Jed will probably be too grown up to like Merrick’s personality. And Sean and Brooke will get along. And I know Brooke and Vanessa will like each other.” I smiled.

“You don’t think Jed will like Merr?” He asked sticking his head under the water.

“No. Nothing against Merr, but Jed will think he’s too immature.” I said doing the same.

“He is though.” He chuckled.

“Jed is 28 and has a kid. He’s too old for fun.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Merr is 27… maybe Jed just needs to actually have some fun.” He said reaching for his body wash.

“Is he really? Well, I guess you are 25.” I laughed.

“I know; I’m such an old mannn.” He laughed making a face.

“You are!” I giggled.

“But, I don’t know. I’m just hoping everyone gets along. I want to keep you around for a while, and that means that they’re going to have to deal with each other.” I said playing with the ends of my hair under the water.

“It’ll be fine.” He said pulling me against him, into a hug.

“Oh, and I’m glad to hear that you want to keep me.”

I could hear the smile in his voice.

***

While the team watched more tape, I didn’t have anything to do.

So, I just snuck in the back and watched, too.

“Hey babe.” Beau whispered sitting down next to me.

“Where were you?” I asked.

“I had to pee.” He said smiling like a little kid.

I smiled and rolled my eyes.

“Hey, what are you and Stan doing after practice? I wanted to go out with Soph since it’s a short day.” He said.

“We’re going ice skating with our families. But, I mean, you guys could totally come.” I said.

“We wouldn’t be intruding?” He asked.

“No! My family hasn’t seen Sophia…probably since graduation in May, so I’m sure they’d love to see her. And, you’re her boyfriend…” I said.

“Oh yeah, shit, I always forget that. Not that I don’t want to be. And not that I do things like I don’t have a girlfriend. I’ve just never been about this relationship life.” He chuckled.

“I understand.” I laughed, patting his knee.

“Oh, and my younger brother’s girlfriend is totally in love with you, so you have to meet her too.” I giggled.

“Is she hot?” He asked.

“Beau!” I said smacking his arm.

“Kidding! I’m kidding!” He said.

***

I decided to get a little workout in with the team, so I left before them and went to change into a black sports bra and little black shorts.

I hit the treadmill before they got there and was still going at it when they came in almost 20 minutes later.

I was already gross and covered in sweat.

“A-Jones! What’s up babe?” Tanner Glass said walking up to me in his work out attire.

“Just running.” I panted.

He chuckled.

“I see that. Care if I join you?” He asked.

“Go ahead.” I laughed.

“Who’s that nice piece of ass over there?” Matt D’Agostini asked Robert Bortuzzo and Beau over across the room.

He wasn’t trying to be quiet because I heard him, and so did Tanner.

“He’s a Wilkes boy. He doesn’t know.” Tanner said.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

“I’m going to go grab my drink. I’ll be back.” I told Tanner hopping off the treadmill.

I had to walk past D’Agostini, Bortz, and Beau on the way.

D’Agostini whistled as I walked past.

I bit my tongue and kept walking.

I walked over to my bag which was in a little cubby against a wall by the door.

I grabbed my water bottle and a Gatorade towel and turned to head back.

As I turned, I saw Brandon on the ground stretching with Nealer.

I walked over to them.

“Hey baby.” Brandon smiled, sitting up from a weird leg stretch.

“Hi.” I smiled, taking a drink.

“You running?” He asked.

“Mhmm. Almost at 5 miles. I wanna try to hit 10.” I told him.

“Well, I guess you gotta do to keep that hot body.” Neal said.

Brandon punched him in the arm.

“That’s mine. Look at someone else.” He laughed.

“I would totally wear a shirt, but I get too hot in them.” I said wiping off the sweat from my face and stomach.

“I understand. I don’t wear a shirt on cardio days.” James laughed.

“Same.” Brandon said.

“Well, I’ll leave you two to finish your stretches. I’ll be over there running if you or anyone else needs anything.” I said.

I walked back over to the treadmill, passing D’Agostini again.

He got off the bike and smacked my ass just as I was passing him.

I stopped and turned around, walking over to him.

Bortz and Beau were still on bikes.

“I am not a fucking dog that you can just whistle at. And I am certainly not just a piece of ass. I am a woman. I am also an athlete that is trying to get a workout in. So, if you could just not, I would appreciate it. Asshole.” I said and then turned and went back over to the treadmills.
Tanner was off of his treadmill, standing just in front of them.

He held out his fist for me to hit it.

“If you weren’t going to say anything, I was going to. Good job kid.” He said.

“Thanks T-Glass.” I said getting back on the treadmill.

Then, I put my ear buds in and ran my final 5 miles.

***

After I hit my 10 mile mark, I was still feeling pretty good, so I upped the treadmill speed and ran hard for about 5 minutes.

Which led to where I’m at now: on the ground breathing hard.

“Hey.” Beau said walking up next to me.

“I don’t wanna talk to you right now.” I said in between gasps for air.

“Why?” he asked sitting down next to me.

I was trying to catch my breath, so I held up a finger until my breathing slowed down a little.

“You didn’t stick up for me earlier.” I said still slightly out of breath.

“When? With D’Agostini?” He asked.

“Yes. That asshole.” I said sitting up.

“I told him you were Suttsy’s girl. I didn’t know he was going to smack your ass, Anna. There wasn’t much more I could do.” He told me.

“So, he did that after you told him that I was his team mate’s girlfriend?” I asked.

“It’s not like you were making it hard to admire you.” He said.

“That’s not the point, though. And I’m working out! Do you want me to wear a fucking sweater?” I asked getting up.

“No. I understand your outfit. And I’m not sticking up for Matt. I’m just saying, you’re in a gym full of guys, with barely any clothes on…” He said standing up, too.

“I know. I’m just going to have to come in when you guys aren’t in here. I will not be looked at as a piece of ass.” I said grabbing my stuff and heading to the locker room to look for Brandon.

When I walked in, I scanned the stalls and saw that a good many of them had already left. D’Agostini being one of them.

I walked over to Brandon and sat down on his lap.

He was talking to Sid on his left and Duper on his right, so he didn’t see me coming over.

“Oh. Hey babe.” He said rubbing my back.

“Hey Anna.” Pascal and Sid said.

“Hey boys. Did you have a good work out?” I asked.

“Yeah, it was pretty good. I saw you didn’t have any paper work to do today.” Sid laughed.

“Yeah, I actually got a nice run in.” I said moving to the floor in front of Brandon.

Someone tapped me in the side with their foot. I turned to look up at them.

“Hey, sorry about Matt earlier. We should’ve said more.” Bortz said.

“It’s okay Bortz.” I smiled at him.

He smiled, nodded, and walked away.

I looked back over at Sid, Brandon, and Duper; they all had confused looks on their faces.

“Nisky?” Sid asked.

“Oh, no. D’Agostini.” I said.

“What about him?” Brandon asked, frowning.

“Nothing really. He smacked my ass, so I handed him his.” I said.

“Did you punch him?” Pascal asked.

“If I hadn’t done anything, I’m pretty sure Tanner was going to. I just put him in his place.” I said.

My eyes fell on Brandon. He didn’t look pleased.

“I don’t really mind you guys doing that stuff, because I know you don’t mean it and you’re joking. But, I don’t know that kid. And he clearly wasn’t joking. Stay away from him Annabelle.” He said.

“Calm down Bran. And don’t worry; I’ll kick him in the balls if he tries anything funny.” I said putting my hand on his knee.

“Don’t worry about him, Suts; she won’t have to work with him.” Pascal said.

“Yeah. She works with us, Kuni, Geno, Nealer, and Juss. No worries kid.” Sid said hitting his shoulder lightly.

“Yeah.” Brandon said looking down at me.

I smiled and he smiled lightly back at me.

“Well, we’ll see you two tomorrow! Have fun with the family.” Pascal said.

I got up and gave him and Sid a hug before they left.

We followed shortly after them.

***

We went home and met Brandon's parents to head over to the PPG Place.

My family and Beau and Sophia were supposed to meet us there.

"Oh my goodness! It's like a mini Rockefeller thing...you know the place in New York?" Brooke said looping her arm through Brandon's.

"Yeah. It's always been compared to that." He chuckled.

"Look! There's my family!" I said letting go of Brandon and jogging over to them.

I reached them and hugged my mom and took Harper from Jedidiah. Sean and Vanessa hugged me just as Brandon and his family walked up.

As soon as Harper saw Brandon, she wiggled out of my arms and ran to him.

"Bran-Bran!" She said as he scooped her up and hugged her.

God, seeing him with a child was enough to make a woman's ovaries explode.

"Hi Harper." He said, smiling brightly at her.

She put her hand by his ear and whispered something to him. He chuckled.

"They're my family, honey." He said.

"That's my mom, my dad, my older brother Merrick, and my younger sister Brooke." He said pointing at them.

His mom and sister waved to her and she hid her face into his shoulder.

"Now she's going to be shy. I don’t think I've ever seen that child be shy!" Vanessa laughed.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa." She said waving.

"Oh, shit, I guess I should introduce you guys." I laughed.

"Sutter Family, this is my mom, Margie, my older brother, Jedidiah, Brandon has his daughter, Harper, and this is my younger brother, Sean, and his girl friend, Vanessa. Jones family, this is Brandon's dad, Brent, his mom, Connie, his older brother, Merrick, and his younger sister, Brooke." I said pointing at each person.

Then I looked over Merrick's shoulder and say Beau and Sophia walking toward us, hand in hand.

"Sophia Ludy. Is that you?" Sean said walking towards them.

"Seanie!" Sophia said hitting him hard, as they hugged.

Beau walked up behind her and shot a look to me and Brandon.

I shrugged and looked at Vanessa. She was completely oblivious to Sean and Sophia hugging.

She was staring at Beau.

Sophia and Sean stopped hugging and went back to their boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Beau fucking Bennett is standing right there." Vanessa said, covering her mouth.

"Hey." Beau said waving slightly.

"Guys, this is Beau and Sophia." I said.

"Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I have been looking forward to some ice time since Annie called and invited us.

"Me too! Let's go!" Sean said.

We all filed into the rink area. It was busy for a weekday afternoon, but that was only because it had just opened.

Sean and Beau took Vanessa and Sophia over to rent skates. Brandon's family followed them while Jed, Harper, my mom, Brandon and I went to put on our own skates.

"Annie! Brandy! I don’t need help skating any more. I can go on my own." She told us.

"No way! I don’t believe you!" Brandon said to her.

"Yes silly!" She said walking over to him in her skates.

"Wow. You really don’t." I laughed.

"Dad took her skating again on Sunday and he said she just stepped right on the ice and took off." Jed said grabbing Harper's hand before she fell.

"Obviously she isn’t perfect yet." He chuckled looking down at her.

"That's still impressive though." Brandon smiled.

***

We hit the ice not long after that.

Connie and my mom hit it off right away, just like I knew they would; they were skating with Harper. Harper warmed up to Connie once they got on the ice. Brent and Jed were skating just a little bit of our moms. Merrick, Beau, and Sean were skating just behind Brooke, Sophia, and Vanessa, who were skating behind our moms. And Brandon and I were behind them.

We were skating nice and slow, holding hands. Brandon would show off by skating backwards, or skating a circle around me once in awhile, but we mostly just skated nice and slow.

"I honestly don’t remember learning to skate. My mom told me that my dad had me out on ice when I was a few months old. He'd take to Jed's practices and just skate around with me." I said.

"My dad did that with all of us, only they were his own practices." He smiled.

"I don’t remember learning to skate either. I don’t remember there ever being a time that I didn’t know how to." He laughed.

"Same." I said.

"I can actually do jumps and spins, too. I figure skated up until I was 15 as well. All the hockey girls made fun of me." I laughed.

"I'm sure." Brandon chuckled.

I skated ahead of him and did a simple but fancy spin and struck a pose.

He clapped as he skated up to me.

"That was cute. No wonder they laughed at you." He joked.

"Shut up." I laughed, smacking his arm.

"My mom was actually really good. She probably would have gone to the Olympics, but blew her knee out in practice a month before qualifying. She stopped competing after that." I said.

"Wow. Just...wow. That really, really sucks." He said.

"Yeah, but she probably wouldn’t have married my dad or had us had she kept going or not injured herself, so she doesn’t ever regret it. Dad made it to juniors, and almost got drafted, but Jed happened and he didn’t want miss out on him, so he hung up the skates. He also was older when they considered drafting him; he was almost 23. He probably would've just played in the AHL. Jed made it into juniors, but stopped after 3 years; he met Elizabeth." I said.

"I could've played in juniors, but I didn’t want to have to miss tons of school and stuff, so I quit. I kinda regret it...but then again, I don’t." I said.

"Damn. That's impressive." He laughed.

We ended up skating for probably an hour.

Brandon and I also ended up with Harper.

She skated in between us and demanded that we hold her hands and give her all of our attention.

It was adorable.

Everyone kept skating up to us and telling us how cute she was.

I would just reply with ‘I know.’

Brandon was the polite one that actually thanked them.

Harper had just finished telling us a story about her dancing classes when Merrick skated up to us.

“Hey, our moms want to know if you guys want to do lunch/dinner. You guys down?” he asked.

Brandon looked to me.

I looked to Harper.

“Do you wanna go to lunch?” I asked her.

“Yes!” she said jumping and pulling on our hands to get more air.

“That’s a yes for us, too, then.” I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 17!

I hope you guys liked it! And thank you for reading! :)
Let me know what you guys think! I love reading what you guys think!

Thanks again!<3
-Alli<3