The Best Job Ever.

Chapter Two.

Chapter 2:

‘Hey, it's Anna, from the bar last night? Do you-‘

No, no, no.

‘Hey, do you remember me from Mattie's last night? Anna?’

Nope. Not right either.

‘Hey, it's Anna :)’

I typed that and finally hit send as I was walking through the hallways of the Consol Energy Center on my way to my car.

It was now almost 12:00, and my meeting with Molly went really well. I told her I could start in two weeks once I quit my job at Mattie's, and she was totally fine with that. She just wanted me to start coming to the morning skates of home games and some practices until I started traveling with the team so I could get used to how things worked.

So, I was to be back here tomorrow morning after a short night shift at Mattie's.

My phone light up:

(1) New Message: Brandon Sutter

It read:

‘Hey, babe. :) Perfect timing, we just got done with our morning skate. Are you busy, can I call you?’

‘Absolutely! :)’

I typed by embarrassingly fast. If only he knew that I was actually in the CEC.

My phone began to buzz in my hand again.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"Hey, Anna." Brandon's deep voice said from the other side of the phone. "So, I just got done here at practice, and I wanted to know if you would like to meet up somewhere for lunch or something?" He asked.

I could hear some nervousness in his voice.

Cuuute.

"Um, yeah, sure. I don’t have to be at Mattie's till 5:00. So, we could. You can pick, though. I'm really bad at picking." I chuckled.

I heard him return the laugh on the other side. But, it also sounded like it was closer than just on the phone.

I was walking down a hallway that led to the parking garage.

"AWWWE! Sutsy's got a girlfriend!!!"

None other James Neal jumped into my line of vision from around a corner.

"Wait...Suts...she's right here." James said stopping in the middle of where the two hallways met, and pointed at me.

Brandon rounded the corner and dropped his phone from his ear when he saw me.

"Wait...why are you here?" He asked completely confused.

"Okay. Well, you remember how I said I was quitting Mattie's? Well, I'm now an athletic trainer for you guys...see?" I said reaching into my bag and pulling out my Penguins polo Molly had given me hours beforehand.

"No way!!!" James said, completely shocked. "That's awesome!"

***

Brandon decided to go to the Waterfront and hit up the Burgatory for lunch.

I followed behind him in my gold 2000 Honda Accord, jamming out to 96.1 the whole way there.

I pulled into a parking spot and looked for Brandon. He popped out from behind his car and smiled.

"You ready?" He smiled.

"Yeah." I smiled back.

"I called on my way here, so they should have a place set up for us when we go in." He said heading toward the door.

We walked into the door of the restaurant and were met by the manager.

"Ahhh, Mr. Sutter! Oh, and guest." He smiled at me. "Right this way. We have a table outside and towards the back, so no one bothers you."

"Thanks, John." Brandon said.

John led us to a table for two way in the way back of the outside seating. He was right, it was rather secluded.

We sat down and John gave us our menus.

"Okay, so I don’t really know how this works." I laughed nervously setting the menu down to look at him.

"Well, this is what I normally get." He said pointing to a bunch of things on the build your own burger sheet.

"See...I'm feeling a salad though..." I said looking back to the menu.

"Really? I bring you to a burger place, and you want a salad?" He laughed.

"Yeah, so?" I laughed back. "You just did an intense workout; you should eat something light, too."

"I just ran and skated several miles, if I want an artery clogging burger, I will order it." He chuckled looking back at the menu.

"True." I laughed.

***

"So, sports medicine?" Brandon asked after our waiter brought us our food.

"Mmmm, this looks heavenlyyy." I said looking at my chicken salad. "Wait, did you ask me something?" I giggled when I saw he was looking over at me.

"Yeah." He chuckled. "I asked why you went into sports medicine."

"Oh, that's easy! I grew up around hockey with Jedidiah and Sean playing. So between that and watching it, I've always wanted to be the person to patch ya up and send you back out. I played some, too, but quit when I got to high school." I smiled.

“Whoa, wait, you played hockey, too?” he asked.

“Yupp.” I laughed. "Why did you want to be a hockey player?"

"Well, surely, you know of my dad?" He asked.

"Pshh, duh. Brent Sutter; how couldn't I?" I chuckled.

"Well, mostly because of him. He pushed me to do it when I was younger, and then I fell in love with it. And with my dad as a coach, I think I turned out pretty well." He smiled.

"Well, you made it to the pros, so I'd say you turned out pretty well." I smiled.

"Can I get you anything else, Mr. Sutter?" John reappeared next to our table.

"Oh, um, the bill would be fine." He replied.

***

Brandon paid the bill and walked me back to my car.

It was almost 3:00, so I'd have time to go home and shower before my shift started.

I stopped next to my Honda and turned to look at him.

He had loose fitting jeans, Nike tennis shoes and a loose solid blue t-shirt on. He looked hot standing there with his hands in his pockets looking down at the ground.

"Thanks for today." I smiled. "It was nice, and I'd like to do it again."

"You would?" He said looking up at me and smiling.

"Yeah, of course!...I mean, as long as you would want to." I answered.

"Of course I would. You're a sweet girl. Anddd you love hockey. Why wouldn't I?" He chuckled moving closer to me.

I reached forward and placed one of my hands on his stomach, my eyes traveling there too.

"Would it be too soon if I kissed you?" He said a smile evident in his voice.

I looked up at him and scrunched up my nose.

"Welllll, I did just meet you last night...so maybe just a little bit too soon..." I said.

"Well, that's why I asked." He smiled and placed his hand over mine and squeezed it.

I smiled and then leaned up on my tiptoes and placed a kiss on his slightly unshaven cheek.

"How's that?" I said smiling as I pulled away.

He smiled and pressed his lips into my cheek. I then wrapped my arms around him and he placed his chin on my head because of the height difference.

"That works." He answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have up to chapter 11 written....but they're on my computer...and I dont have access to my computer until either later or tomorrow. Sooo, when I do get access to my computer, I shall post all 11 chapters.
Until then, enjoy Chapter Two!
I hope you like it! :)
-Alli<3