The Best Job Ever.

Chapter Three.

Chapter 3:

My last two weeks at Mattie's were full of late night visits from either just Brandon, or a little crew of Penguins.

And tonight being my last night here was no different.

The Pens had a home game against the Oilers tonight, which they won. Sadly, I had to watch it throughout the bar slowly walking to watch it. I saw it though! But, we leave for Philly in the morning, and it will be my first actual day at work.

"Anna! There's a guy up front that asked for you!" Barb hollered as she ran into the kitchen.
Brandon.

I ran up towards the door and spotted him standing by the door looking at his feet.

Typical Brandon.

He was dressed in black sweatpants, a black Penguins Hockey shirt, and a gray hat

"Brandon." I said as I walked up to him.

He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey, babe." He said as he pulled me into his arms.

"Good game tonight." I smiled.

He leaned down and gently pressed his lips to mine.

"Mmmm, thank you, baby." He said against them.

As I started to pull away I laughed but decided to deepen the kiss instead, his mouth eagerly joining.

He pulled away and said "Well, are you going to seat me, or make me stand here all night?" He smiled.

"Well, if it means I get to keep kissing you, then you can stay." I smiled.

"Well, then." He laughed.

"Oh, come on; ruining my fun." I said as I turned and pulled him by his shirt with me. He stumbled slightly and then followed me.

I sat him by the kitchen door so I could come and see him whenever I wasn’t busy.

"Now, sit here and be good." I said messing up his already messy hair.

"Whoa! Hey now, watch the hair!" He said swatting at my hands.

"Sounds like Neal's wearin' off on youuu." I said just before I leaned in and pecked him on the lips.

"I mean it, you better behave." I said as I turned and went back to my tables.

***

"Why don’t you just stay at my place tonight? I'm picking you up tomorrow anywaysss." Brandon said as we walked hand in hand to our cars.

"Well, what about my car?" I asked.

"We can drop it off, and then you can come home with meee." He said wrapping his arms around me and pulling me against him.

"Oh, reallyyy?" I asked, mocking him.

"Yes! Please?" He said putting his forehead against mine and pouting his lower lip out.

"This is so much funnn. I was gonna say yes right away, but you're adorable when you beg." I chuckled and took my hand to his face.

He pulled back.

"Wait, you're gonna come home with me?" He asked smiling.

"Yesss. But I have to stop and grab my bag when we drop my car off." I answered.

"I'm just glad you're staying!" He smiled.
***

We had already stopped at my house to grab my things, and were sitting in the driveway of Brandon's house.

I had already been there a few times, as our second date was in his living room watching movies, ending with him driving me home, walking me to my front door, and kissing me on my doorstep.

We got out of his car and we went into the house. Brandon went in ahead of me, turning on lights as he went. He threw his keys on his kitchen table and his bag on the ground.

"I don’t know about you, but I'm beat and totally ready for bed." He said opening his arms for me. I moved to him and walked into his arms, resting my head on his chest.

"Mmmm, me too." I murmured.

"I, eh, only have one bed...so I guess I'll sleep on the couc-" he started.

"Shut up, I'll sleep with you." I laughed.

"Gooddd." He chuckled.

He moved me out of his arms and grabbed my hand after standing there for a few minutes. He led me down a hallway and into his bedroom.

It was a typical boy’s room: simple and messy.

He had only a framed Hurricanes jersey on the walls with just his bed and a dresser decorating the rest of the room.

Before we left my house I threw on my Penguins pajama bottoms and a black night shirt, so I was already ready for bed.

Brandon walked over to his dresser opened it and pulled out some plaid pajama bottoms.

"Do you care if I sleep without a shirt on?" He asked.

I shook my head no and smiled.

"Good." He smiled back.

He slipped his black Penguins Hockey shirt over his head and threw it into a pile off to his right. I watched as the muscles in his arms and back flexed and moved throughout the simple movement. He then quickly slipped on his pajama bottoms and hopped into his bed.

"Well, come here." He said holding his hand out to me and smiled.

I moved to the bed and crawled in, moving close to him. He pulled the blankets up over us and pulled me closer to him. He draped his arms around me and nuzzled his face into my hair.

"Mmmm, good night, baby." He almost sighed.

"Good night, Sutsy." I smiled.

I lightly kissed his bare chest and began to run my fingers up and down until his breathing leveled out and then slowed. I then fell asleep not much after that...

***

I rolled over early the next morning to find an empty bed and that it was still extremely dark out.

"Brandon?" I said as I slowly sat up and stretched.

I looked over at the clock.

5:00 AM.

"Babe, I'm in the bathroom. What time is it?" He hollered from across the hall.

"5:00. don’t we have to be at Consol by 6:00?" I asked. Brandon walked into his room and stood in the doorway.

He only had his gray dress pants, which were not buttoned, on and was towel drying his hair.

"Yeah, but I'd like to be a little early." He said looking at my state of unreadiness.

"What? I can be ready in like ten minutes. I just have to get up...which is where I struggle." I laughed.

"I'd like to leave here by 5:30." He laughed back, leaving the room.

I fell back on the bed and groaned. I only stayed there for a few more moments and then got up and went to the bathroom.

I walked in to see Brandon messing with his hair, trying to get it to fall the right way.

"Oh my god." I said covering my mouth unsuccessfully trying to hold back a laugh.

"What?" He said looking over at me with a smile.

"Nothing." I smiled. "But, I do need to pee."

"Well, then, pee." He said turning back to the mirror.

"I am not peeing with you in here! Out!" I said trying to move him towards the door.

"Okay, okay. I'm leaving." He laughed walking to his room.

I peed and then took Brandon's brush through my hair realizing I didn’t bring in any of my hygiene things; just my clothes. Dumby me.

I threw my hair up into the perfectly messy bun and headed back to Brandon's room.

He was in front of his dresser struggling to tie his gray tie.

"Here" I said walking over to help him.

"Normally I have no problems with these things." He said looking down at my hands as I tied it for him.

I smiled as I silently finished and smoothed it out for him, running my Hands down his chest, to his
stomach, and letting them fall to my sides.

"Thanks" he said smiling.

Then he placed his hands on the sides of my face and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled into the short kiss just before he pulled away.

"And thank you for staying last night. I really enjoy cuddling with you." He smiled, pressing his forehead to mine and rubbed his nose against mine.

"Mmmm, me too." I almost sighed, letting my eyes close as his lips met mine again.

***

"Baby girl! You're actually coming with us?!" Beau Bennett said as he picked me up from behind and spun me around.

"Beau!!!" I yelled. "Put me down!"

He laughed and put me back on the ground with a smile.

"Sunshine gets a little excited. You have to get used to it." Chris Kunitz said walking up behind Beau and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh my god. Okay, you're going to have to excuse me while I go extreme fan girl here. You are my
absolute favorite player, can I take a picture with you?!" I gushed.

Chris chuckled.

"Sure, babe." He said holding out an arm for me to stand next to him.

"Here Sunshine, and don’t fuck it up." I said tossing him my phone.

"Wait, how do you work these things?? Jus' kiddin'! Say cheese!" He laughed when I frowned at him.

"You're a trainer," he said pointing to my polo "why haven't I met you before?" He asked.

"Oh, well, for one, I haven’t been to any of the games yet; this is my first! And second, I work with the third and fourth line mostly." I smiled.

"Ahhh makes sense. Well, good luck tonight! And welcome to Pittsburgh." He smiled squeezing my shoulder.

"Kuni, did she mention she's Sutsy's new girl?" Beau said wagging his eyebrows.

I threw him a look that could kill.

"Noooo!!! Sutsy's girl, eh?" He chuckled.

"Yeahhh...I am." I said looking to the ground.

"Brandon's a lucky kid then." Kuni said. "Sorry, but I gotta go run and grab some gear I left here last night. I'll see you two on the bus."

"See ya, Kuni." Beau said with a shit-eating grin.

"I hate you. You know, I haven’t even told my friends or family about Brandon. And you go run your mouth." I said frowning.

"Come on, baby girl. I didn’t mean anything by it." He said touching my arm.

"I know." I sighed.

"Sorry?" He said smiling again.

"You're forgiven for now." I said letting him give me a hug. "Just stop calling me 'baby girl'. I am older than you, ya know?" I said pulling away from him.

"You are?!" He said mouth dropping.

"November." I said poking him in the stomach. "March." I said pointing to myself and smiling.

"Oh, whateverrr. Age, is just a number, baby." He said grinning as he began to walk away backwards.

***

After Beau left I went to go look for Brandon.

I found him talking to Tanner Glass, Craig Adams, and James Neal.

"Hey, I heard you two are finally a thing." James said wagging his eyebrows and pointing to me and
Brandon, a huge grin on his face.

"Where did you hear that from? Kuni or Beau? Because if it's Beau, I'm gonna kill him." I said frowning.

"It was definitely Beau because he told me too. He also told us to call you Baby Girl." Tanner said laughing.

"Why Baby Girl?" Brandon asked joining in on Tanner's laughing.

"Cause! She's a girl, obviously. And she's the youngest trainer to hired in the NHL, so she's a babyyy!" Beau said as he appeared over Brandon's shoulder.

"Am I really?" I asked.

"Okay, I might be making that part up, but you are young." He laughed.

"Yupp. Back to hating you." I said crossing my arms.

"How old are you?" Craig Adams asked.

"I'm 22; 23 in March." I answered.

"That is kinda young. What did you do; bribe them the hire you?" He joked.

"I was Valedictorian of my high school and college graduating class. I actually graduated a semester early from college, but took some single semester classes for my Masters, if I ever go back." I answered.

"Damnnn." James said. "Impressive."

"Yeah, but I don’t like telling a lot of people that. They label me as nerdy." I said.

"Well, you are definitely not nerdy, babe." Beau laughed.

"Hey, guys...and girl. Hi Anna." Matt Niskanen said walking up to us.

"Hi, Matt." I smiled.

"Coach said it's time to board the buses. We're a little bit behind, so hurry." He said.

"Alright, boys. Let's go." Craig said picking up his bag from the ground and turning.

"Come on, babe." Brandon smiled, taking my hand.

He had both of our bags on his left shoulder, because he wouldn’t let me take mine.

We made it to the bus and took seats way in the back of the bus. I took my seat as Brandon shoved our bags into the compartment above us.

"Are you excited?" He asked as he sat down next to me finally.

"Of course." I said smiling and then leaning over to peck him quickly on the lips.

I took out my phone as Brandon took out his music. I figured now would be a good time to post that picture of Kuni and myself. I got onto Twitter and Instagram to post it.

'Perks of being an athletic trainer for the Pittsburgh Penguins! :) #LetsGoPens #ChrisKunitz #bestjobever'

I love this job.

And I haven’t even really started...
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's Chapter Three!!!

The rest are coming as well!

Thanks for reading!
-Alli<3