The Best Job Ever.

Chapter Eight.

Chapter 8:

The boys were now on a two game losing streak.

And to make it worse, they were both at home.

After the second loss, I didn’t know if I should wait for Brandon, or head straight to the airport.

We had to fly out to Toronto immediately after the game.

I decided to wait at his car. I figured I’d give him a little bit of space after what happened with the first loss.

He walked up to the car with his head hung and his bag on his shoulder.

When he reached the car he threw his bag on the ground and pulled me into a suffocating tight hug.

I didn’t say anything.

I didn’t move.

I just let him slowly nuzzle his face into my hair.

He slowly loosened the hug, but didn’t let go of me.

I put my hands in his damp hair and began playing with it.

“You have no idea what this does to me.” He said into my hair.

“I think I do.” I chuckled.

“It calms me down sooo much.” He mumbled.

He then took a hand and moved my hair over my shoulder and connected his lips to the skin there. He lightly nipped and sucked up and down the exposed skin before moving his lips to mine.

He pulled away.

“I love you, Anna. I really do.” He said looking into my eyes.

“I know.” I smiled.

I kissed him lightly on the lips. “And I love you, too.” I said putting my forehead against his.

“Alright, let’s go.” I said, pulling out of his arms.

“Gahh, you are always ruining my fun.” He said bending over to pick up his bag.

“I know.” I said walking backwards. I blew him a kiss and ran off to my car.

The last game he lost, he almost freaked out on me.

I mean, he did freak out on me, but it could’ve been a lot worse.

So, this compared to that was muchhh better.

Don’t get me wrong, he did wake me up the next morning with lots and lots of kisses and ‘I love you’s…

So, I guess they’re pretty much equal.

***

I pulled into the parking lot just before Brandon.

I ran over to his car just as he was opening his door.

I ran over to it and leaned in. “I beat youuu.” I said rubbing my nose against his.

“Pshh, only because I let you, babe.” He said pecking me on the lips.

I giggled and backed away so he could get out of the car.

“Anna?” Someone called.

I turned around and saw my boss, Andy, standing behind us with his arms crossed.

“Oh, hi, Andy.” I said with a nervous smile, slightly waving.

“Let’s not forget what we talked about.” He said and then turned and left to go get checked in for the plane ride.

“What did you talk about?” Brandon asked.

“Oh, nothing.” I said trying to brush it off.

I turned and went to go get my suitcase from my car, but Brandon grabbed my arm at the last second.

“Anna. What did you talk about?” He asked again, looking worried.

“Well, we had our talk, you remember?” I asked.

“Yeah, and we have a meeting with Dan and Mario next week.” He said.

“Yeah, well, he pulled me aside the other day and we had another talk.” I paused.

“Anddd?” he asked, raising his eyebrows.

“He told me that I’m to keep my relationship behind closed doors, and preferably the closed doors of my own house.” I said.

“And we haven’t?” He asked. “Because this is still my personal time. I’m not on that plane, and neither are you.”

“He also said that even if Dan and Mario are okay with it, he might just have me work home games.” I said.

“And did he give you a reason?” Brandon asked.

“He said that he personally doesn’t like his employees dating their players, but he allows it. Brandon,
he wasn’t really making sense. But, it doesn’t really even matter.” I said.

“Yes, it does. This is your career, Anna. I’m not going to let some guy mess it up.” He said.

“Well, didn’t even say if it was for sure or not, so we don’t have to worry about it right now.” I said pulling out of his grip.

“Anna, we are not done talking about this!” He called after me.

I turned back around.

“Buttt, we are for now. I have never been on a plane before, and I’d rather not be worrying about stupid things. Anddd, it’s my first time to Canada. So, I wanna enjoy that, too.” I said walking back to him, wrapping my arms around him, and looking up at his face.

“Don’t worry, I plan on taking you to Canada more frequently.” He said before his kissed me tenderly.

***

Brandon was about ten feet away from me talking to Tanner Glass and Robert Bortuzzo.

And where was I?

I was getting instructions barked at me for when we get to Toronto.

We had to go straight to the arena and set up for the morning skate.

“So, don’t forget, we’re going to meet up and go to the arena after we get off the plane. That’s all,
thank you.” Andy said.

Finallyyy, he was done talkinggg.

I looked back over to Brandon and the boys talking. His eyes were already on me. He smiled and then winked at me.

I felt the blush rush to my cheeks as I smiled and looked down.

“Anna!” A familiar voice called just as I was going to walk over to Brandon.

I turned around.

“Hi, Andy.” I said.

“I just wanted to let you know that you will be working with the first line tonight, so most likely Crosby, Kunitz, and Dupuis.” He told me.

“Oh, okay. Thanks.” I said giving him a small smile.

“Oh, and I want you to sit up with the rest of the trainers on the plane. It’s just more professional that way.” He said and then walked away.

More professional my ass.

He just doesn’t want me to sit with the boys.

Okay, so it may be a little bit professional….but I’m not admitting it.

I sighed and turned to go walk to Brandon.

“Hey, babe.” He said pulling me against him and kissing the top of my head.

“The plane’s ready boys, let’s go.” Dan Bylsma said getting everyone’s attention.

***

I tried to separate myself from Brandon when we walked to go board the plane and succeeded.

I found my only fellow trainer friend, Adam.

I threw my pillow and small bag down in a seat across from him and sat down.

I immediately pulled out my phone and started listening to music and got on Twitter to pass some time.

I noticed I had a few notifications so, I went and looked at them.

‘@seanjones12: @AnnieBelle Your favorite niece misses youuu. twitpic.908bsaj’

I smiled as I looked at the picture of Harper sitting in her highchair covered in her food.

‘@AnnieBelle: @seanjones12 Tell her I miss her tooooo. ’

I looked at me other mentions.

‘@penswagfollower: So, new news is that @AnnieBelle is the newest WAG…’

‘@pensfan001: @penswagfollower @AnnieBelle No way! Who’s girlfriend is she??’

There were about 10 more similar replies to the tweet.

Do these people not realize that we can all see these posts?

‘@AnnieBelle: Off to Torontooo. #Pens #LetsGoPens twitpic.scck3485’

I decided to ignore them and post a picture of looking out the window, instead of tweeting back at them.

My music paused as my phone vibrated.

‘(1) New Message: Brandon<3’

I un-paused my music and opened the message.

‘Why aren’t you back here? I’m lonely. ’

‘I’m up here with the trainers.’

‘So? Come sit with me. I’m cold. :P’

‘Go cuddle with Tanner. I know you’ve done it before I was ever around. ;)’

‘But you do it better than he does.’

‘Flattery’s going to get you nowhere sir.’

‘Pleaseeeee. ’

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn’t see and replied.

‘Fine. I’m coming back.’

I got up and walked back to find him.

He was way towards the back and I had to find him through the sleeping heads.

It actually wasn’t that hard.

His face was illuminated by the brightness of his phone.

And, so were the faces of Beau and Robert who were sitting in front of him.

I plopped down in the seat next to Brandon and curled up into his side.

“Hi there.” He chuckled.

“You wanted me; here I am, tired and ugly looking.” I said referring to my now smudged eye makeup.

“Shut up, you look fine.” Beau Bennett said turning around and putting his face in between the head rests.

I grumbled at him and pulled Brandon’s blanket over my legs and covered my face.

They laughed at me.

“So, are you going to tell me the real reason why you wouldn’t come back and sit with me?” Brandon asked a few minutes later once Beau had turned back around.

“Nope.” I said, popping the “P”.

“And why is that?” He asked.

“Because, I know it’ll make you mad, and I don’t want to fight.” I said. “Let’s talk about something elseee.”

“Fine. How was your ride up there?” He asked.

“Fucking miserable. I just wanted to cuddle.” I laughed.

“See! And you didn’t want to come back here. How was taking off?” He asked.

We continued to talk until I eventually fell asleep on him.

***

We landed in Toronto around 3:00 AM.

Brandon and the rest of the players went straight to their hotel for a little bit of sleep.

Myself and the rest of the trainers headed straight to the arena. We had to set up for the morning skate and the game.

But, that is all done and went smoothly.

Now, I’m searching for my room in this hotel, and then I’m going to go look for Brandon’s room.

I traveled through the hotel and found my room.

It was just a single bed room with a little bathroom.

I threw my bags on the floor and quickly changed into some comfy clothes.

Brandon had texted me when he got to the hotel and told me that his and Tanner’s room was room
number 1119. Mine was 1002, so he was on the floor above me.

I left my room and went to go get on the elevator.

I got off on the next floor up and looked for Brandon’s room.

I found it easily as he left the door slightly propped open.

I pushed it open and walked in.

My ears were greeted by the sounds coming from the TV that was on.

Tanner was in the bed closest to the door completely asleep.

Brandon was in the other bed sitting up under the blankets watching TV.

“Hi, babe.” He said.

“Hi.” I said.

I crossed the room and climbed onto the bed, straddling him.

He wasted no time in kissing me.

His lips crashed down against mine and started moving against them.

I opened my mouth and sighed into his mouth as his tongue entered it, deepening the kiss.

I moaned softly as he moved his lips from my mouth to my neck.

“Shh, you have to be quiet.” He whispered against my skin.

His mouth kept going, past my jaw line and neck, to my chest.

He pulled the thin straps of my tank top down over my shoulders, revealing my pink lace bra.

He pulled those straps down, too, leaving nothing in the way of him and my breasts.

“Mmm, so beautiful.” He said before he moved his lips to my breast.

He licked, and nipped, and sucked all over my breasts, causing goose bumps to form all over my skin.

I moaned as he took one of my nipples into his mouth.

“Anna, I’m going to have to stop if you can’t be quiet.” He whispered again.

“Okay. I’m sorry. Keep going.” I said.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, and pressed my mouth against the top of his head to try to keep quiet.

He continued to torture me with his mouth and tongue.

After a few minutes, he pushed me back on the bed and crawled on top of me.

He brought his lips to mine and slowly drug his hands up my body.

“Can we?” He asked.

“Can we, what?” I asked, breathless.

“You know…” He said.

“Brandon…Tanner is right there…” I said back.

“Damn it.” He said rolling off of me and onto the bed. “I forgot about him.”

“Thinking too much with your penis…” I laughed as I propped myself up on his chest.

“I have no shame.” He smiled.

“It’s a good think I don’t think with a penis, or that would’ve been realll awkward for Tanner…” I laughed.

“Well, I’m pretty sure that would be really awkward for me, too, if you had a penis to think with.” He laughed.

“Shut up! I hate you.” I laughed, smacking his chest.